Saviour:

No Need For Secrets With Me...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I really hated myself at that moment. How had I not noticed and why had I been so ignorant? I was just too busy looking at this from the wrong perspective and from the wrong person's point of view. Because standing in front of me was not Mrs. Kim but in fact Mr. Lee.

Not that I suddenly turned into Sherlock Holmes or anything but those points that I chose to ignore now made sense. They were finally joining together in my head for me to see the big picture.

"Da-dad" I stuttered uncomfortably. His eyes narrowed down and weighed me with his gaze as I stood up, my legs practically shaking with fear.

"You can drop the act now Jonghyun, I know you have been aware of who I am for a while now" he confessed. His words did surprise me even if it was clear I had been set up. That note wasn’t from Mrs. Kim, she probably didn’t even know of its existence. She didn’t write it, the looped "r" should have been the first thing to hint at that. Since Mr. Lee wrote in rapid cursive. That alarm clock going off was to get my attention to the note and to get me here, his plan worked perfectly.

I balled my fists in anger at each side, glaring at him with all the hate I could muster. "Now don’t look at me that way", he warned as he folded his hands across his chest. This all just seemed like some kind of joke to him.

"I guess you must have figured out I was the one to call you out. You see I didn’t know you had regained your memories until this morning. You were being too careful and I almost didn’t notice but it was enough to make me suspect" he explained as I cuss at myself for being so stupid. Of course he noticed, I was being too obvious.

"After I realized there was a chance though I didn’t have much time to make a plan. I asked you to get ready for school while putting together the note and setting the alarm. Little did I know you would take the bait without hesitation? Jinki really is your weak spot" he said with a smirk on his face.

I brought my bag to the front, just about ready to throw it at him in frustration. I hated how he loved the fact that I played right into his plans.

"I still wasn’t sure though, if you had regained your memory I mean. But you just confirmed it for me by coming here”. He paused and when I said nothing, continued “I didn’t really specify the place and all I wrote was home though you seem to know exactly what I meant. Not to mention Kim Minsung did not reveal where you used to live before and you would only have that piece of information if you remembered your past" he concluded, seeming satisfied with his success.

My eyes were about to come out of their sockets both coz of surprise and fury. All this time I was trying to be so carful only to make the dumbest of mistakes and I only had myself to blame for it.

"Where?" I hissed through clenched teeth. Mr. Lee shifted his position to now face me directly, both his eyebrows raised questioningly. "Where is Jinki?" I asked again, my blood pulsing with rage at the thought of him hurt. A small smile came to view on Mr. Lee's face, clearly amused by me.

He put his hand into his coat pocket as he replied, "Somewhere safe away from you. His actions were only too reckless. He could have died when he threw himself in the way of that bullet. But don’t you have to worry, I have no intention of hurting my son" he announced, a thick layer of annoyance in his voice for my even thinking he would hurt him.

I visibly flinched in reaction, my mind taking a small halt from planning my escape. My bag wasn’t that big but could cause a distraction enough for me to run, perhaps. Mr. Lee read my mind and pulled out a gun he had hidden in his coat. I really was growing sick of people pointing guns at me.

"Don't even think of running, there is no way you can climb that wall without m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter