Second Promise:

No Need For Secrets With Me...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was hard to even notice him come out of the shadows since he camouflaged well in his 'all-in-black' outfit. I had just half a second to draw realization from what was happening here because in the next half of that second he launched himself at me. No warning was given and I assumed none was to be given.

His hands extended towards me in an attempt to hold my body in a tight grip. But I was no fool and I had learned from one experience so when he threw all his weight at me I just stepped to the side. Dodging him had caused him to stagger but he regained himself in an instant, escaping a fall which would have bought me some much needed time.

My mind was rushing with thoughts as it calculated the next move and my heart thudded with fear and growing excitement. The stranger stood up and I confirmed my earlier doubt. This stranger was actually the person I had seen just this morning and I even made a comical comment on his clothing. A stupid part of my brain actually wondered, what if he had heard my comment and if he would have been more pissed.

Clearing my mind and trying to focus I ruled out the option of running. Home was just another turn away but I lost my chance and if I had to go down it would be with a good fight. I smiled to myself for sounding so cocky in a situation like this.

He didn’t take long to come at me again but hey I did work out and I did sport a good six pack so it was time to put them to some use. Again I dodged him but this time he turned around as if predicting my movement. In a state of total panic my instincts took over and I kicked him right in the stomach. My foot hit him with force, not enough to break anything but it did its damage. The tragedy was when I was slow to draw back my leg and he caught it with both hands and then using his strength pushed me backwards making me fall to the floor.

My earlier confidence and will shattered because I knew at that moment when he looked down at me that he wasn’t going to spare me. He leaned over me causing the light to fall on his face at such an angle that I saw the coldness in his eyes. The worst part was that all I could see of his face were his eyes since the other half was covered with a cloth. But something told me he had a smile under that piece of cloth which matched the wickedness in his eyes.

"STOP IT" he yelled, as if chastising a child. The streets were empty and I closed my eyes as I let myself go back one last time to my past. I thought of Nick and how I saw him die. And now it was my chance.  But in all this I knew I was still relieved, relieved that unlike last time I wasn’t betrayed and I could place my life on the line (no pun intended) that this man was NOT Jinki because Jinki's eyes were a light shade of chocolate brown and i would know that anytime and day. I smiled sadly at the thought of not being able to look into them again.

Only a second passed in my thoughts to myself and I opened my eyes. The scene before me changed in a time span of a heartbeat.  The stranger now no longer loomed over me as a 5"7 inch, chestnut brown haired boy now took his place.  The boy had successfully accomplished what I was trying to do with only a single but powerful strike to the offenders gut.

My attacker

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter