Keep my distance:

No Need For Secrets With Me...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A loud noise brought me back from my past to the present. That loud noise was apparently from the school bell which was there to be an obvious reminder that classes were about to start. I was long used to zoning in and out going back to the past, if not when I was awake then it certainly haunted my dreams in the form of nightmares.

Looking around the campus I realized I would have been standing there like a blanked out idiot for quite some time since not many students were around anymore. I mentally cursed myself for my perfect timing to space out as I ran inside the third years building with no further delay. Quickly finding the stair case I took two steps at a time hoping to increase my speed. By the time I reached the third floor I was exhausted and made a note not to bother with my workout today as this would suffice.

The empty hallway just made me feel uneasy and the feeling grew stronger as I stood at the entrance of class 3B. Every set of eyes in the class landed on me as I asked for permission to enter. The teacher who was female and not that much taller than me with light brown hair and looked 40 something gave me an ice cold stare. She didn’t like me that was easy to guess.

First day and I was late. Nice way to make a good first impression I thought to myself as I walked in and stood next to the teacher, waiting for her to introduce me to the class. "New student?" she asked. "Yes" I replied not thinking twice of how obvious that fact was. She looked down at her table and turned the pages of what looked like a register as she called out my name with a stern 'no nonsense' kind of tone while saying "Class this is Kim Jonghyun and he is new here so make him feel welcome."

I dared a look at the class. It was filled with almost no free seat save for one. It was at the far end of the class and two seats away from the window. "You will be sitting there Mr. Kim" the teacher said pointing to the seat I had my eyes on. I looked back at the teacher just in time to see her exchange a nod with another student as if confirming something. I followed her gaze and found that the student was the one I was to sit beside.

I thought nothing of it and just walked to my seat with nothing further to say. Class promptly started and I decided to focus all my attention on my books just so as to avoid talking to people. That however did not go as I planned it would. Just as I started to take out the subject textbook (math yuck!) the boy sitting next to me called my name.

I wanted to tell this boy off, tell him I wasn’t interested in making friends coz I had decided to keep my distance after my last experience. But yet again that didn’t go as planned either because as I turned to face this guy I was greeted with what I can only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter