6 o’clock appointment:

No Need For Secrets With Me...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Out of sight is out of mind'- whoever it was who said that was obviously not in love since Jinki was always and the only thing on my mind that night as I fell asleep and the first thing I thought about when I woke up.

My pending confession bothered me and was a thought always lingering at the back of my mind. I considered calling him and confessing or even texting it to him but that would be nothing like gazing into his eyes as I poured my heart out. I decided to go by his place before my 6 o'clock appointment and tell him then but was quick to recall he had somewhere he had to be.

Completely frustrated I pull out a pen and paper and write down 'Jinki I love you' in my best handwriting and fold it neatly, placing it in my bed stand drawer. It’s the best alternative I can think of in the time being. Temporarily satisfied I bring my mind back to the matter of the hour and that was the anonymous person sticking those notes in my locker since I was more than positive now that the first note was also by the same person, it had to be.

It's about a half hour to 6 and I'm ready to leave in my comfy and favorite pair of jeans, paired with a simple white tee and blue jacket. I slip my cell phone into my pocket and I leave towards the school sneaking past my mother who is busy somewhere in the house.

I practically run half the way so as to calm my nerves and get away from home while I still have the courage to do so. When I reach the school gates I only then realize how deserted the school is on weekends. The gatekeeper lets me through after a lot of lying and convincing him that I have left something important inside the school and I would get it and come back out shortly. Once inside I look around for anyone else only to come up empty. The halls are eerily quiet and there is not a soul in sight.

The fear from before starts to creep in and I feel the unwelcomed terror and panic take over my mind. Each step I take I feel like I'm walking right into a trap of awaited doom. I start to weigh my options and rethink about going back and letting someone at least know where I am but I quickly dismiss this idea. Taking a deep breath I walk into the third years building and climb the stairs to where the lockers are. As I climb my heart thudded faster in my chest untill a person finally came into view, standing next to his very own locker.

"Jinki?" I ask, sounding as confused as I felt. My mind was starting to get the better of me, thinking of how none of this made sense, how Jinki couldn’t have possibly been the one who send me those notes, right? Though he looks equally confused to see me and I take some relief in that.

 "Jong what the hell are you doing here?" Jinki questions as he comes running and grabs my hand in a grip that hurts a little. "Is this the somewhere you had to be? And I can ask you the same thing, what are you doing here?" I ask back, my voice sounding a bit annoyed at his tight grip and stern look. The former gentleness in his chocolate brown eyes was now long gone. He takes out a crumpled paper with his free hand from his jeans pocket and s it into mine. I fumble with it as I read what's written and when I finish I look up at Jinki in horror. The note was exactly the same as what I had received, down to the very last word. And if this was not such a serious situation it would have been funny to laugh at the originality of whomever it was that send us both identical notes.

"Someone put the exact same note in my locker yesterday" I finally tell him once I find my voice. When I look up at him I notice Jinki's face is just a mirror of my own. "Stay beside me" he warns and then runs to his locker, turns the dial and pulls out something in a cover or better yet to explain a gun holster. Standing next to him I saw the way he handled the gun, he pulled it out of the holster in a second with just his right hand while having a firm grip on the handle and one finger on the trigger. I stared at him with fear, the long since unexplained mystery of his locker now solved. “Jong just-“ he started off but then comes to a halt at the sound of footsteps echoing through the hallway.

I recognize it to be the sound of heels clicking but before I have time to react Jinki stands in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter