Friends:

No Need For Secrets With Me...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After the class was over and the break came around, Jinki was taking me to the cafeteria as promised but before we did that I asked him to show me where the lockers were and he was only delighted to do so.

When we reached the lockers I struggled a little to find mine but Jinki patiently waited and even helped me in my lost conquest. Once I was done rotating the dial and stuffing in my books and cell phone (as carrying one on school grounds was strictly not allowed) I closed it and then turned to him to go. "You didn’t put away your books?" I asked stupidly. "No" he replied while shaking his head and with some further thought added "I carry them all in my bag coz I have more important stuff to keep in my locker"

Wow what a weird answer, I thought to myself. I would have asked what it was he kept in his locker but had a feeling he wasn’t going to tell.

Our walk to the cafeteria was a quiet one. Neither of us spoke much so instead I just assessed him. He was indeed one to fall under the joyful category with a smile like that always on play and if that wasn’t enough his bubbly and dorky attitude would have done the job.  In the short while we did speak he would crack what I would best call a lame joke and leave the air with heavy awkwardness but not the uncomfortable kind.

I was starting to wonder if I was ever going to reach this so called cafeteria when finally I walked into a huge hall. The hall was filled with students of every year sitting at various lunch tables spread around the place. The cafeteria was thankfully not cramped and congested but it sure was loud. Everyone in the cafeteria seemed to be yelling whether it was the noisy students or the cafeteria staff.

I took a good look at the entire hall, taking in the place for the first time. It was huge, almost half the size of a football field. Its roof was a well crafted dome that was made out of some kind of thick glass enabling the sun light to pass through but not the heat. The cafeteria was also very cleverly constructed at the center of the three main buildings, making it easy to access for all years. The food line up was placed at one end along the long line of students serving themselves.

Thinking of my growing hunger my eyes flew to the line of students. "Jinki I think I wil-" I started to say as I was cut off when he took my hand and tugged me towards one of the lunch tables. "Come sit with me and my friends" he said with his now familiar 'happy tone'. I started to protest but didn’t get my complaint out in time as I now found myself standing at a table where three other boys sat.

They were obviously friends of Jinki's as their faces lit up when he took a seat at the table. I didn’t know two of them but the third boy was the tall second year I had just met this morning. His "see you later" com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter