Epilogue:

No Need For Secrets With Me...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 10 months later 
===========

“Jong, this place is huge. I think we will have to start playing Marco-Polo to find each other” Jinki commented as he walked into the dining room.

I turned around to face him, diverting my attention away from my toast and butter breakfast. I smiled at him groggily since it was still just 7 in the morning.

Jinki stood near me and bent down to kiss the top of my head. I let out a sigh of contentment; life could not get any better. He continued to walk over to the other side of the table, and like the proclaimed house, the table was huge too. It had place for 10 to dine.

As Jinki carried on his stride I shamelessly ogled him. Unlike me, who was yet in his tank top and boxers, Jinki was perfectly clean and ready for work. He had taken a bath; I could smell the sweet scent of his shampoo. But what really made him so irresistible was that he was in his uniform.

In the months that had passed since my declared freedom and finally getting together with Jinki, a lot had changed. First was that the paper work came through and I was allowed to rightfully claim what was mine or whatever had been left behind for me by my Father before his passing.

To put it simply, it was enough for me to live on without having to work a single day in my life and also enough for my next generation to live comfortably. Admittedly it felt like my prize for survival.

Beside this, the house was also in my name, the one in which I had grown up in as a child. So, I used the money (or just a minute fraction of it) and was able to resurrect my old and worn out home, completely. And after it was complete, I moved out from my mother’s place and asked Jinki to live with me. To which he agreed and granted my wish.

It had taken a lot of time to move furniture and our things into the new house (or actually my old one) but neither of us complained. It was a dream to wake up next to Jinki everyday as we now shared the same bed.

The only problem was, this house was quite huge. It had 4 bedrooms, a foyer, 5 bathrooms, a dining room and a kitchen. But what made it so special, and maybe the only reason I decided to live here was because I was unable to part with the tree growing in the back yard.

It was the tree that I had considered to be my mother during my childhood. After her passing, my father and I had decided to bury her ashes in the soil around the tree. And now, after all these years had passed, I managed to bury my father’s ashes right next to her, under that tree. It was all I could offer and hope their souls would rest in peace together.

“Aren’t you too old for playing such childish games?” I asked as I wiggled my eyebrows playfully.

“You and I are the same age. Also, I didn’t hear you complain about any of that last night” Jinki remarked and added a cocky grin for effect. I almost spat out my coffee but held back last moment, blushing furiously instead.

I gave my clothes a once over and decided that too much skin was showing. Jinki noticed this and shamelessly smirked. “Nothing there that I haven’t seen” he boldly insinuated.

“Shut up Jinki!!” I yelled out in embarrassment.

“Make me” was his quick reply.

Hearing this I pushed aside my plate and lunged forward, throwing myself over the table in a childish attempt to startle him. Of course my action proved futile as Jinki drew back and avoided my outstretched arms. He began to roar with laughter as I lay, stomach flat-down on the dining table in a quite superman like fashion.

I peeked up to look at Jinki’s face. He was now trying to wipe away his streaming tears as he laughed himself to death.

“You’re going to have to do better than that to get me” he quipped as he started to calm down. I pouted and climbed over the table to his side. After I crossed over the table, I decided to ignore him and keep walking now that my feet were on solid ground.

“Jonghyun, I love you” I heard him say as he grabbed my wrist, preventing me from moving any further. Little did he know that his words had frozen me in place. Slowly, I turned around and realized Jinki was now standing, a serious look on his face. He genteelly tilted my chin and dipped his head until out lips met and the rest of the world just melted away.

So I kissed him back like my life depended on it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter