Confession time:

No Need For Secrets With Me...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My legs were about to give out when I finally managed to cross the school gate and reach on time. An odd feeling of relief spread through me as I released the tight hold I had on my school bag, my body slumping with ease. Behind these gates I felt protected.

I wasn't letting my guard down though since I knew I had eyes on me but I doubted they would come after me with so many students around. Also now I would get to see my friends, I would open this note and we would figure something out together that was the plan.

Taemin, I felt my heart drop thinking of him. My selfish hunger for the truth had caused all of this; it had cost him his elder brother and the thought of having to see his reaction scared me. I closed my eyes and hoped to not have to see his devastated face as I made my way to the first years building but stopped half way.

Only blues, there were only blue uniforms surrounding me and further more the flags on top of the 1st and 2nd years building was no longer swaying in time with the wind. It was pulled down, indicating there was no one in the building. Only 3rd year students seemed to be around as they hurried to class, obviously late. I caught hold of one who seemed to have walked right out of bed.

"Excuse me but can you tell me why the 1st and 2nd years don’t seem to be around?" I questioned and was ever so prepared for the look of annoyance that crossed his face. He also didn’t hold back from staring at me like I was stupid, clearly wondering why as a 3rd year myself I was asking him this. "Didn't read the notice on Monday? This week is reserved for extra classes and mock examinations for all 3rd years preparing for the board finals. Attendance is compulsory" he dictated in a tired voice, wanting to be anywhere but here and wasting his time explaining this to me.

I uttered a soft 'thank you' and just stood there for a long while. I didn’t know what to do next and worst of all I could feel the panic getting to me.

I felt so isolated, like I wasn’t even part of this world and like I had dug my own grave. It only now came to mind that I knew no one else from this school, that the four of them were the only people who knew of my existence. There wasn’t another familiar face insight. Back when I lived here it was the same case scenario and no one seemed to even notice my disappearance or arrival. Jinki was gone and the others I couldn’t contact. I was alone in this one.

The bell ringing loudly finally knocked me out of this trance. I took a few steps towards the building, figuring that attending class would buy me some time but in reality every second mattered. Walking up the stairs now didn’t feel like an option and walking through those halls only brought back bad memories.

I stopped a few steps away from the entrance and looked around nervously. After I was convinced no one was around I snuck to the back of the building. I kept going until I reached one corner of the school. Far away from any security and also one of the places Key had mentioned to be the best when it came to sneaking out of school. I placed my back against the wall and took several moments to fish out the note from my bag.

                                                                                                                                                       

In my hands lay my only hope. If this didn’t turn out to be a clue then I really was at a dead end, emphasis on the word dead.  But it did not disappoint.

I carefully unfolded the note to reveal the words written in it.

If you want to see him alive then return back home to where it all began – Anonymous

Seconds or maybe even hours passed as I stared at that note. Reading and re-reading it until those words were burnt into my mind. There was something so terribly off about it. Mrs. Kim always had a particular way of folding her notes and this was the same and so was the anonymous at the end. Also her handwriting varied in both notes so as to not being found out of who she really was. But this note, it was just so straight forward and even if the words were in the print style of writing the R for 'return' looped like it does in cursive writing.

She seemed so sure, I thought to myself. Another thing that didn’t make sense was the fact that Mrs.Kim was so unbelievably sure that he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter