Theories:

No Need For Secrets With Me...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sleep seemed like a far away possibility that night as my mind just wouldn’t take a break. There was so much that had happened and in such a short time period that my brain seemed to have gone into overload and shut down because of exhaustion.

I was glad for the few hours of sleep I received but when I got up everything from yesterday just felt like a dream. I had nothing tangible to prove the events of the previous night however I did hold true to Jinki's promise.

My mother informed me that my father had left early for business purposes, little did she know that I was awake at 2 am at night when I heard him take the car out of the garage. I had no appetite and I kindly refused a second serving of pancakes offered to me by my mother.  It wasn’t like I could tell her the reason for my lack of appetite was caused due to the fear which still existed in me from the cold gaze of a man who attacked me last night. Yeah that would make so much sense..not.

Time passed by faster than I had expected it to and soon it was time for school. My walk to school was a paranoia freak show in the making. Every second person seemed like a possible threat to me, I even practically ran half the way to school just to avoid having to painfully asses every person walking on the road and how I could 'so take them on'. I mentally face palmed myself for being so ridiculous.

After reaching home yesterday I had come up with several theories as I had tried to find sleep and now walking straight into Key made me rethink of the most possible one. He seemed to have been waiting for someone at the school gate and when I dumped into him he gave me one of his typical –'you better watch it' looks. After realizing it was me he just said "Aish Jonghyun, what are you blind?" in an annoyed voice. He just seemed to be his normal self, so "Almighty" in his nature that my so called theory now seemed absolutely stupid.

I contemplated just standing there and making normal chit chat like we always did when Minho and Taemin came running, shouting our names to get our attention. The air around us suddenly started to feel heavy with tension and again my thoughts circled back to last night. The looks they all exchanged just confirmed what I had been thinking…they knew.

I had a good amount of time to recap each movement in detail that had taken place from the last day and as I was doing so I remembered Taemin's smile before he left me at the end of his street. It made sense how he would know Jinki was following me that night since he was part of the great secret as well. I was starting to wonder if there was a 'Keep Secrets from Jonghyun' club and if all my friends were a part of it.

My mind tried to re asses them all in a different way from what I originally thought of them. It was futile though since I could not see them in any other way but as my friends. Even after knowing I was being lied to I just couldn’t shake the feeling that these 3 would come through for me when I need them.

I guess something must have given me away as I heard Minho say his next words, "Hyung we don’t mean to keep anything from you but.." Taemin then cut him off with a look that indicated Minho had just said too much. "Oh! Come on Taemin, the boy's not a fool he knows something is going on by now" Key remarked based on Taemin's reaction. Taemin seemed a little embarrassed at his actions and looked at me with sorry eyes. "People could be watching us and if we are caught telling you anything it could-" he gulped at the very thought and left his sentence unfinished.

A cold shiver ran over me as I thought of a way to finish his sentence, after all I didn’t know anything and at this stage I was harmless but if I knew maybe I could do something to stop whate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter