Just Friends:

No Need For Secrets With Me...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:(I tried my best!! >< u will know what im talking about when u finish this chapter)

 

My friends didn’t let my birthday pass uneventful. They took me to a famous bakery and sang happy birthday as I cut the chocolate flavored cake. Indeed it seemed really childish but it was the best birthday I have ever celebrated so far. Key insisted on picture time which leads to weird poses with donkey faces and cat ears. We laughed a lot that day and for the first time in a long time I felt my worries just disappear, for in that moment I was just like any other 19 year old (the kind that doesn't have anyone out to kill him that is).

"Stop that" Key yelled in annoyance. "Here Hyung you can have my share too", Taemin insisted as he pushed his plate towards Minho and without anything else left to be said Minho took the muffin off Taemins plate and consumed it whole.

"Minho stop eating like that, you know it annoys me" he whines and then pushes Minho and tries to make him fall off his seat, with no luck of course. "That's why he does it" I say while my chest hurts from heavy laughter. "The captain has an important game to play so let him get all the strength he needs" says the oldest of our group but we all know it's just a show to annoy Kibum.

 It was the day after my birthday and we were all in the cafeteria in our usual spot, working on a way to kill time during the break while I in particular tried to avoid the gaze of the person sitting next to me. It was an especially hard task since Jinki and I sat next to each other in class as well.

My mind recapped the events of the previous day, Jinki and I had a really long chat about nothing in particular and at one point he started to hum a song. I had heard it but only once before, his mom had hummed the same tune when I was at his place. He stopped abruptly and I was suddenly brought out of the peaceful trance I was in, shifting so that I can face him my mouth opens to form a question but he beats me to it. "Jonghyun..do you play the guitar?" he asks, leaning forward as if anxious  for my reply. "Yes..I mean I learnt it when I was 14 and I mastered it in a year rather than the 3 years it normally takes", why I had said the latter I didn’t know. He smiles, almost as if relieved to hear that and asks me to sing with him. I for one find this a sudden request but do so anyway. We decide to sing a common well known song called 'the name I loved' and when Jinki starts I was left breathless. Hearing him sing my heart is griped with overwhelming emotion and I miss my queue but later join in. Our voices, even if completely different just blend into one and the world seems no more as I am lost in the beauty of music. The song comes to an end and Jinki smiles that heart throbbing gentle smile of his. "I missed hearing your voice Jong" he said as he drew closer and closer "I missed you" he whispers and I feel his breath on my skin. A little more and our lips would touch and as I look into his eyes a moment passes, in that moment I see him hesitate and that’s all it takes for him to draw back.

"Earth to Jonghyun" yells Minho into my left ear. Surprised, I leap out of my chair and to my embarrassment they all look at me like I'm crazy. Minho was really loud even if he was the quite one in the group. Key not letting a chance pass without his comment says "Aw! You scared the little puppy" with added mockery in his expression. "But hyung looks like a dinosaur" says Taemin in confusion which leads us all to burst into laughter at the poor boys expense.

The bell rings and we all hurry to our classrooms. Jinki and I haven't said anything other than when necessary since yesterday. Two lectures later we are set free along with the rest of the school as all the teachers are called for a general meeting and no classes are to be held.

All of us meet at the school ground to kill some time with Minho till his practice for his match starts. "Let's have a trial match" Taemin says enthusiastically for which everyone is game but Key. "Key and I will be in the same team, even if I can take all of you on solo" says Mr. confident Choi and so Key finally agrees while calling us insane for wanting to dirty our uniforms.  It turned out Minho had every reason to be over confident as with next to no help from Key he still beat us 20-5. Minho and Jinki were really into the game while Key tried his level best not to do anything and Taemin spaced out causing the ball to slip into the goal as if unnoticed. And me, well I ran around the ground not really taking the game as seriously as Minho would have liked and also just did some stupid things to earn me penalties to annoy Minho. At the end of the game we all fall flat onto the grass, panting and tired from the unexpected exercise.

"Again?" questioned the youngest and Key thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter