Twenty: Busted

You are the only one

 

“Sam!!!” I feel a pair of arms hugging me and I freeze. “Did you miss me??” Leena says smiling to me. LEENA IS BACK!! SHE IS HERE!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Yes!!! I missed you so much, you have no idea” I say hugging her back. “But, what are you doing here so fast? And what about your uniform, why are you wearing casual clothes?”

“I just came here with my dad to say thanks to the principal for letting us back in the middle of the year. You know how my dad is” I just nod. "And where is Mina?? Why isn't she with you??" Mina, her little sister was also in our school before they moved. "She stayed home with mom, she is helping unpacking all the stuffs"  

“So, What about you? Drawing again?” I just smile at her. “Really Sam, I don’t know where you got your talent from, both ahjumma an ajusshi at drawing” we laugh together. "You are right, they are not very good at it but my dad always tell me to keep drawing" Leena smiles.

“Sam, I have to go now my dad must be looking for me all over the place. I kind of dissapear from his side when I saw you but I will go to your house after school , ok? ”. “Leena, I can’t I have to go to the hospital” . “You are going to see Donghyun's mom” she asks. I told Leena about Donghyun's mom being sick as soon as I found out.

“No, my dad wants me to take some blood tests. He has been really shocked because of ajumma's sudden sickness and he wants to make sure we are healthy" Leena nods at my words "Then call me when you get home, ok?". "Yes”. I answer and Leena runs to find her dad.

The bell rings and I go back to class, time passes too slowly for me. I try to look at Donghyun who is sitting next to me again but he is too focussed on his book, like it is the most interesting thing on this world. His he avoiding me or something?? Is it because of what happened earlier?

I really don't get it. Why did Donghyun leave me there with Jeongmin?? He has always been protective with me, like an older brother but why does he act like that whenever Jeongmin is involve?? He doesn’t do anything, he just walks away leaving me alone.

I sigh while thinking of Jeongmin, I was too harsh on him earlier. I shouldn’t have said anything about us being nothing more than friends but he has no right to act like that just because I was with Donghyun. I feel really bad for treating him like that, he is my friend after all.

 

Finally, class is over and Donghyun and I walk towards the shool entrance, he is acting like nothing happened during lunch break so I just go with it. We arrive to the hospital and my dad is already there. Donghyun goes to see her mom and my dad and I go to the hospital's lab.

We have to wait a long time to be attended but finally after more than an hour my dad goes inside the lab first. I look around the room just trying to kill some time when a painting hanging on one of the white walls catches my attention.

It is beautifully made aquarelle scenery that shows a clear sky and endless meadow but the focus of the painting is a young mother with a baby on her arms.  I go closer to the painting to see it better. It is amazing how you can see the love of the mother through the painting, it is really mesmerizing.

I look at the corners of it to look for the artist and i find it at the left corner. There it is written 'Anna' in cursive letters, my eyes open widen when I recognize that signature, it is the same as the one on the portrait in Jeongmin's house.

"Sam, it is your turn" my dad's voice startles. I go inside the white room where there is a kind looking lady who tells me to sit on the chair close to her. I do as she says and she rubs a cotton filled with alcohol on my arm, at the level of my elbow. After that she takes out the needle and pinches my skin with it.

In no time a little tube is filled with my blood and I am out of the lab, my dad is waiting for me outside he is next to the painting I was admiring before but he has a worried expression that changes immediately when he sees me "Ready to go??" he asks and I nod.

We go to ajumma's room to pick Donghyun and go back home. When we enter the room ajumma is sleeping peacefully on the bed while Donghyun is sitting close to her on a chair holding her hang tightly.

The scene breaks my heart, Donghyun is really worried about his mom and he can't hide it. I can see it on the way he looks at her, he is scared of losing her. "Donghyun, we are leaving now" my dad says catching his attention.

"Ajusshi you can go ahead with Sam. I'll stay a little longer" he says in a low whisper to not wake up his mom. "We will see you at home then" my dad answers and we get out of the room quietly.

 

.

.

.

 

I lie down on my bed and text Leena. The ride home was quiet and I don't know why my dad was very distracted and worried. I have the feeling that he is hiding something from me, like he is keeping a secret or something.

Suddenly I hear a weird noise, at first I think it is coming from the kitchen but since I am the only one on the house that can' t he possible. I hear the same noise again and realize it is coming from my window. When I open it slightly Jeongmin's head pops in. WHAT?? IS HE CRAZY!! WHY IS HE HERE!! 

"Sam can you open the window completely?? My head is being squished here" he says with a pout on his lips which makes him look like a kid. I just stay there looking at him. IS THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENING??

"Sam noona, let me in!" He says whining and I realize this is not some sort of weird dream, this is reality. I open the window and help Jeongmin get in. After s couple of minutes in which I practically had to kick him out of my room we are sitting next to each other on my living room.

"How are you noona??" He asks shyly, that is a first, where did his confidence go?? Is he acting like this because of the las time we talk?? I sigh. He must still be hurt because of my words.

"I am sorry about earlier. I am just worried about you" he says letting out a frustrated sigh. Jeongmin really cares for me, doesn't he?? At times like this I wish I could return his feelings.

"Friends fight sometimes so don't worry about it" Jeongmin smiles after my words, that bright smile that makes you smile with him. He comes closer to me and hugs me. I hug him back. 

"Thanks Sam" he says before pecking my cheek softly and tightening his hug. I open my eyes in surprise and I am about to scold Jeongmin when I hear another voice inside my house.

 

"Sam!! Look I found Leena..." my heart stops when I hear that voice, the voice of the only one I love.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

HELLO!!

I am updating this story after a LONG time, I am really sorry about the long hiatus.

I am going to update this sptory and finish it so thank you for no losing faith in it.

Thanks for reading commenting and subscribing

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND