One: Waking up

You are the only one

 

Once again I woke up on my bed feeling happy and light, it wasn’t the fact that I have slept for a long time or that my bed was really comfy, it was my dream that made me felt like that. As usual I have dreamt about him, Donghyun.

I sit up on the bed and try to remember my dream, this time the dream started as usual, we were sitting on the swings in the park next to my house. We were there just talking and laughing. Then he paused and looked at me with those dark eyes I can’t forget either awake or asleep.

With just a look I could understand what he was trying to tell me, he wanted me to know it was alright, he knew how I feel about him and that he was felling the same. My heart was pounding just by his deep look, then he moved forward and leaned on me as my heart continued to jump and .................................NOTHING. 

I just woke up.

It doesn’t matter to me if nothing happened as long as he appears in my dreams I would woke up happily.

Stepping out of my thoughts I watch the clock and realize I am late, NOOO!!! I can’t be late again; the teacher is going to scold me AGAIN!! . I run off to the bathroom and change quickly and at the same time brush my teeths. I get out of the bathroom, grab my bag and run downstairs. 

As soon as I step out of the house, I start to run down the road towards school. I run with so much strength that I had to stop to catch my breath. Suddenly I feel a pair of arms carefully involving me into a hug around my waist and a head supporting on my right shoulder. 

I don’t have to turn around to know who it is, I know it very well. I have known him almost all my life and I have loved him most part of it too. The scent, the warmth and his hot breath on my neck, it is all his. “Morning! Happy birthday Sam” I can’t help but blush at the sound of my name on Donghyun's lips.

“Are you ok?” he asks me while my heart pounds heavily not because of all the running I have done but because he still has his arms around me.He releases me and I feel sad but automatically turn towards him “I’m ok, it’s just that I have run too much” He looks at me with caring eyes while patting my head. 

“Take it easy. It doesn’t matter if you’re late! After all it’s your birthday” he smiles at me and I just respond with a smile and a nod. “I have to get going, I promise Eun Hye that I would meet her early” that was all he says before dashing off. I just sigh and keep walking.

That simple name is all it tooks to make my happiness go away, that is the name of the girl he is dating, Eun Hye, the girl that can hold hands with and kiss him. I envy her so much, don’t get me wrong it’s not that I want her to break up with him or anything, that would make Donghyun really sad and that is the last thing I want.

As I keep walking deep on my thoughts I realize I have already arrived to school and I am early. So much for BEING LATE and running like a CRAZY PERSON. I decide to sit down on the bench under the three on the school yard before going to class, not a lot of people came this way so I am save form seeing Donghyun and Eun Hye together.

Suddenly someone sits beside me, I turned around and and for my surprise there is a young guy with brownish hair smiling brightly at me while saying “Sam-noona, happy birthday!” WHAT? How does he know my name? And my birthday? Who is this guy? I think I’ve never seen him before.

This is pretty weird. Maybe, this is some kind of joke?? “Noona?” I hear him saying. I look at him and ask “Who are you?” He smiles and says “That’s right I haven’t introduced myself I should be more polite” he chuckles and then he bows and says “I am Lee Jeongmin”

Before I can say anything he takes something out of the bag he is carrying and hands me over an envelope “This is your birthday present” I grab it by instinct and he dashes off saying “I have to go to class” I just sit there trying to understand what the hell have happened? Who was this guy and how does he knew me? Why did he give me a birthday present? Damn, I hate not know things, it makes me feel so dumb.

I look at the envelope that is still in my hands and I am about to open it when the bell rings. I put the envelope in my bag and run towards my class. Once I get there the teacher haven’t arrived yet, I rush to my sit and feel happy to see Donghyun sitting next to me he is just lying on his desk, like he is sleeping. I am so grateful that Eun Hye is in another class; otherwise I couldn’t take seeing them every single day together at school.

He sits straight and catchs me looking at him, I just smile “Did you see Eun Hye? How is she?” He smiles while he starts to tell me about how she is so excited about having a new brother or sister (her mom is 5 months pregnant) while I carefully listen to him I think of how is it that we ended up like this.

Me loving him, he not knowing and dating someone else. Me feeling happy and sad at the same time. Happy because I can be next to him but sad because I know nothing will hapen between us. I guess it all started when we were in middle school.

We know each other since a long time ago, we have been neighbors since he moved here when he was 6 before starting elementary school. We became best friends in no time, spending all of our time playing together. As years went by, I started to think and cae for him more and more.

It was before the midterms exams of first year of middle school, he was really worried about the last exam- English. I am good at it so that day we went to my house to study together. At one point I realized that my hand was on the table really close to his and my face started to feel really warm.

When he finished to solve the excercises on the book, he grabbed my hand to caught my attention and my heart jumped in a way that I have never felt before. I couldn't say a word, I just grabed the book to check his progress. This was all the 12 year old me needed to know, he was special for me in so many ways and I wanted to spend all the time I could with him.

Time passed and he started to make more and more friends but he never forgot about me, I also had a few friends but now that Leena (my best friend and the only one who knows how I feel about Donghyun) move out I was feeling down.

“Are you listening?” Donghyun is looking at me “Are you ok?”. “Yeah” I look at my desk. “Is not about Leena again, right?” he asks, I hate how much he knows me and how he can read me like that. TOTALLY , is like he sees right through me. As always I am unable to lie to him so I just nod with my head down.

“Don’t be like that” he grabs my shoulder to make me face him. I look up to his eyes and he smiles at me while saying “I know you miss her but I’ll be here with you always, ok?” I just nod and smile. My heart pounds really fast and I feel extremely happy at that sentence. I know he doesn’t mean it in a romantic way, he is just talking as a friend. 

When class is finally over I stand up but before I can move I feel a hand stopping me, it is Donghyun.

“Sam, since it’s your birthday I am going to treat you today!”. 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

So here it is!!! first chapter hope you like it!!!

I'll try to update constantly.... Thanks for reading! :D

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND