Sixteen: Seeing you again

You are the only one

 

It was Friday when I hear Donghyun's name again “Sam. I have to talk with you about Donghyun” Hyunseong says with a serious expression.

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was just the beginning of school day and I have just arrived when Hyunseong says to me with a serious expression “Sam. I have to talk to you about Donghyung” I look at him and then turn around to see his sit. It is empty, is he late today?? Or maybe he won’t be coming??

“Do you know how he has been doing?” I ask trying to breathe calmly. It kills me not knowing about him even though I can just walk a few steps from my house and go see him. He did stay away from me for a reason and he is the one that has to talk to me first, at least that is what Leena says.

“Sam. I really don’t know what is going on with him” he answers with a sad look. I look at him confused. “He has been acting weird since he asked me to change sits. He is quiet all of the sudden and saying he is busy whenever I want to talk to him” he sighs. “I am worried about him” he adds.

“Can you tell me what is wrong? What happened between you two?” he finally says. I just look down and he sighs again. “Well, you remember the history project we have to present next Tuesday?” he asks me. I actually remember it, it is a group project and I have to work with Hyunseong and Donghyun on it.

“Yes” I answer a most in a whisper. “We will meet with Donghyun today at 5 in my house. Sam please you have to come” he says. I nod and say “Ok, I’ll go”. He smiles at me and looks to the front of the class, the teacher has arrived and class starts. Donghyun didn’t come to school today.

The bell rings and I go to my usual bench on the garden. How am I going to do to see Donghyun later?? Will he really be there? I sigh. “Noona, are you sighing while thinking about me?” I see Jeongmin smiling and sitting next to me. “Is there something wrong?” he asks.

“I have to see him today for a school project” I say slowly and feel Jeongmin’s arms wrapping around my waist and pulling me into a hug. I just stay there resting my head on his chest and feeling the warmth of his embrace. “Do you really have to see him?” Jeongmin asks softly.

I just nod. I know I am not being fair with Jeongmin, he is really sweet and a great friend, always comforting and listening to me. I think I am taking advantage of him and I am starting to feel really bad. Why can’t I love him? I am sure he won’t make me cry and he will always try to make me smile.

“It is ok” he says. Did he just read my mind? “You will be fine even if you see him” I guess he is right. I have seen him the past week and haven’t cried since the day he changed sits. “But let me know if you need help” he adds and I try to release from his arms and sit properly but he pulls me closer to him

“Jeongmin” I say in a low but firm voice. “Sam just let me stay like this for a while” he says and I just comply. We stay there for what it seems like an hour to me. “Jeongmin-ah, I am hungry” I say. I hear him sighing and he finally releases me. I sit and look at him, his checks with a weak tint of pink.

He looks at me “So what do you want to eat?”. “It doesn’t matter. Let’s just go to the cafeteria” I say and we both walk into the school. After eating with Jeongmin and the twins school ends without anything eventful. When class is over the only words I exchange with Hyunseong before he leaves are “See you later Sam”.

After gathering my stuffs slowly I step out of class, before going to Hyunseong’s house I decide to go to my bench and draw for a while, after picking a beautiful cherry blossom tree with some petals falling. I draw it slowly, redoing it at least 4 times until I am completely satisfied. My mind is just blank right now.

I sigh and look at my watch. DAMN, IT IS ALREADY 4:50. I AM GOING TO BE LATE!!! I pack my stuff and run to Hyunseong’s house. I can’t believe that I was so caught up drawing. I AM GOING TO BE SOOO LATE!!! After running a lot I finally arrive to Hyunseong’s house and ring the doorbell.

Hyunseong opens the door and looks at me. “Sam you are here” I smile at him and step in, I give a few steps and then I see him. Just the back of him but it is unmistakable, it is Donghyun. I keep walking and sit on one of the chairs of the living room.

Donghyun is two chairs away and Hyunseong is sitting in front of us. “Well, we have to pick one of the Kings of the Joseon era to talk about in class” An uncomfortable silence fills the room as Hyunseong’s words ends. After more than five minutes of silence. “Guys, do you have any ideas?” he asks, silence again.

Then *ring ring* my cellphone starts ringing and I pick it up as fast as I can. “Noona, where are you?” I hear Minwoo saying through the phone.  “I told you she is busy” I hear Jeongmin’s voice on the back “Noona, come to Jeongmin hyung’s house to watch a movie, Please!!” Minwoo says.

I can hear them fighting and I cover my mouth with my hand to stop my giggles. “Sam, I am sorry he is sooo annoying” Jeongmin says. “It is ok Jeongmin-ah” I answer. “So, how are you doing?” he asks. “Kind of in the middle of it” I wishper. “Ok. Just promise Minwoo you will come tomorrow or some other time” he says.

“Ok. I will go tomorrow” I say and hear a loud “Yeyyyy” from Minwoo in the back. I finally hang up. “Sorry for that” I say to Hyunseong and then turn to see Donghyun. He is looking at me in a weird way. “So, you are dating that Jeongmin guy now?” he asks me with a smirk. WHAT? WHY IS HE ASKING THAT?

“I knew rejecting your confession was the best” he keeps saying. “Guess you really didn’t like me after all. You just wanted someone to date” at that moment I feel my heart stopping and as if a hand is ripping it out of my chest. I can’t move I just feel like crying but I try my best to hold it in.

“So, you were that kind of girl” Donghyun says like mocking me. At that moment Hyunseong punches Donghyun on the face with so much strength that Donghyun falls onto the floor. “Aish” Donghyun says and rubs his check. “Don’t talk to Sam-ssi like that” Hyunseong says and Donghyun quickly stands up saying “Whatever, I am out of here” and just leaves.

“Sam?” Hyunseong asks me while placing his hand on my shoulder. “Are you ok?” he says and I look at him. “Thanks Hyunseong but I think I have to go” I say and stand up. He just nods and I leave his house. As I walk towards my house I stop at the near park and start crying.

I cry as I feel an empty space where my heart is supposed to be. Everything he said hurt me even though it was a lie but what hurt me the most was the way he said it, as if I am just another stupid girl in the world and not his bestfriend that he has known for years.

.

.

.

After a long time I finally stop crying and my head cools off. I just stare at the ground. Why did Dnghyun say those things to me?? He has never talked to someone like that before. I know he is not the type of person to treat others bad or hurt them with neither actions nor words.

There is something really bad going on. Not talking with his friends, being quiet, saying mean words, it is not like him a t all. I sigh. Donghyun what is going on with you??

“Sam?” I hear a voice and step out of my thoughts to see Donghyun standing in front of me.

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello!!! Adding another chap.

 

So the "Be my shine" MV is not out yet (Don't Know Why :(  )

But I find a link when you guys can watch a live performance (check it out):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhHDCvm_Ocg

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND