Ten: Cooking and Caring

You are the only one

 

I should have called him more. I feel like crying right now I don’t even know if he is ok. I ring the doorbell again and see the door slowly opening.When it is fully open I can see Donghyun standing there and looking at me. 

I am so happy to see him. He doesn’t look sick. I feel relieved and I can breathe again.I was so worried. I can’t believe I didn’t come sooner to check on him. 

Before I can think my arms move to his side and I am hugging him tightly while resting my head on his chest and closingmy eyes.

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Sam. What is wrong?” Donghyun asks me. I open my eyes and realize I am hugging him. This is so embarrassing, I was so happy to see him that I just hugged him. I can feel my face turning red and I look down while slowly releasing him from my hug. “Sorry” I answer. HOW AM I GOING TO EXPLAIN THIS??? I AM SURE HE THINKS I AM CRAZY!!!

My tummy decides to growl in that moment and I hear him laughing. Then he says “Are you hungry??” I raise my head and look at him. He looks a bit pale. “Are you feeling ok?” I ask him. He smiles sweetly at me and says “Come in. I will cook something for you” I step in and close the door behind me.

Donghyun walks to the kitchen and starts to cook. “Are you sure you are ok? Why didn’t you go to school today?” I ask him. “I was feeling tired in the morning” he answers. “And why aren’t you at work?” I ask. “I wasn’t feeling like going. I just wanted to rest” he says calmly and keeps cooking.

I know him, he is lying to me. He is too responsible to be absent just because he feels tired. I know he is still sad about Eun Hye but he doesn’t want to talk about it with me. I sigh.

“What about you? Are you feeling ok?” he asks me. He must be surprised about me hugging him before. WHAT SHOULD I SAY??? “Yes, yes. I am great” I say and change the subject. “Let me finish cooking. Just sit down for a while” I say to him. He looks at me and says “Sam. I am feeling good”.

I just don’t believe him and give him a skeptic look. “Ok, ok. I willgo  sit down” he answers and walks away of the kitchen. I watch him turning the TV on and sitting on the couch. Then, I keep cooking. I pretty much know where everything is here.I spent a lot of time with Donghyun’s mom cooking when I was younger.

Her mom loves to cook and she taught me everything she knew. I would love to learn cooking from my mom but she doesn’t like it so I always ended up here cooking with Donghyun’s mom. I love learning from her, she is so patient and caring, besides now I know how to make all of Donghyun’s favorite dishes.

Finally I finish cooking and serve the food. He probably hasn’t eaten anything on the day. I doubt he has gotten out of bed before opening the door. I grab the bowls and walk to the living room. I enter and see him lying on the couch, well sleeping on it.

I put the bowls on the table and lean closer to him. I can see him sweating, his shirt is stick to his body and his face is red. I touch his face and it is burning. He has a fever!!! I run to the kitchen grab a bowl, fill it with cold water and also grab a towel.

I go back next to Donghyun, soap the towel with water and start pressing the towel on his face. Why didn’t he say anything if he was feeling sick?? I ask him like tree times!! Why does he always have to put on a strong front no matter what?? He must have felt sick while he was cooking!!! 

I keep pressing the towel to his face and look at him. He must be really depressed about Eun Hye breaking up with him. I sigh. After changing the water for the fourth time I touch his face and feel it cooling down. I sit on the floor and look at the food. It must be cold now.

I go to the kitchen and reheat it. When I come back with the bowls I see Donghyun’s face looking better and lean closer to touch his cheek. I gently put my hand on his right cheek and feel his temperature being normal now. My hand is till on his cheek when suddenly he opens his eyes.

He looks at me surprised and I remove my hand from his cheek “Sorry, you had a fever and I was just checking on you” He smiles sweetly and nods. I guess he is too weak to talk. I grab the bowl full of porridge and say “Eat some”. He slowly sits down and start to eat. I sit next to him and eat too.

“It is delicious. Thank you” he says and keeps eating. I knew he would like it. I made it just how his mom taught me. I smile and eat quickly I was actually really hungry and finish my bowl quickly. I put my bowl down on the table and Donghyun does the same.

“Well, I’ll be going now” I say and stand up but I feel his hand on my wrist pulling me down as he says “Don’t go, stay a little more” I smile at him and say “Sure. You want to play something?” I ask him pointing at his PS3. “What about some car races?” He asks. “Great! You still have Mario Kart, right?” I ask him and he nods.

We begin to play. Every time I play videogames or pretty much any game with Donghyun I feel like a 10 year old again and I have so much fun. I know he does too because I can see him laughing and acting a bit spoiled, it is a side of him I really like but don’t see often.

After spending an hour playing we stop. “Thanks for staying with me” he says and I nod. “You should go home now or your mom will worry” he says. “Yes, you are right” I stand up of the couch and walk to the door. As I am opening the door he says “Sam! Thank you. Really” I smile and say “That is what friends are for” and step out of his house.

I sigh as I step out. I am so embarrassed, I HUGGED HIM!!! We have hugged before but were friendly and quick hugs, not like this one. This time I was a most squeezing him. What if he knows I like him now? Did he feel my heart beating like crazy when I was hugging him? I am at the door of my house and open it.

I enter and hear my mom “Sam!” “Hi mom, dad” I answer seeing my parents sitting on the couch and watching TV. “Sam. You never told me if you liked your present” she says smiling. I remember the K.will tickets and that Donghyun promise to go with me “Mom. Dad!! Thank you so much. It is the best present ever. I am so happy”

“I can’t wait to go see K.will and thank you so much for letting me go with a friend!!” I say but I see my mom’s face confused. “What are you talking about??” she asks me. “Mom, you give me two tickets. One for me and another one for a friend, right?” I ask her.

“No. I put three tickets on your bed. One for you, one for your dad and one for me” I KNEW IT!!! SHE WOULDN’T LET ME GO JUST WITH A FRIEND!!! “Mom but there were only two tickets on my bed” I answer. “WHAATT? I put three. THREE SAM” she says. “SAM, go look for that one ticket on your room” she tells me with a scary look.

“Mom, but Donghyun already told me he would go with me!!” I say. “I DON’T CARE JUST FIND THAT TICKET” she yells at me. “FINE” I yell back and run upstairs. I start looking for the ticket in my bedroom. After two hours of looking every inch of my bedroom’s floor. There are only two tickets!!!

I sigh. My mom is going to kill me tomorrow but I am too tired to think about that. I am just going to sleep. I lie down on my bed and fell sleepy quickly. 

The next morning I wake up. Do the usual routine before stepping out of my house. Get up, change, eat, and wash my teeth. I get out and start walking slowly towards school. Just a few seconds later “Sam-ssi Good Morning” I hear someone saying behind me.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hello !!!!!!!   Sorry for not updating before :(

Thanks for keep reading

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND