Seventeen: Sweet Sorrow

You are the only one

 

I finally stop crying and my head cools off. I just stare at the ground. Why did Donghyun say those things to me?? He has never talked to someone like that before. I know he is not the type of person to treat others bad or hurt them with neither actions nor words.

There is something really bad going on. Not talking with his friends, being quiet, saying mean words, it is not like him a t all. I sigh. Donghyun what is going on with you??

“Sam?” I hear a voice and step out of my thoughts to see Donghyun standing in front of me.

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Before I can talk or move Donghyun falls down on the floor on his knees and looks down. I can see his whole body trembling and he is clenching his fists so hard that his knuckles are white. I have never seen him like this before. He looks like he is trying to hold in something.

I can see tears falling down to the ground, his tears. I can’t see his face but his body lets you see the pain that he is feeling inside. Donghyun what is wrong?? Why are you crying?? I want to ask him so many things but my voice doesn't seem to work “I am … sorry …  I am so … sorry … Sam” he finally says between gasps.

My eyes become watery in an instant. I can't see him suffering so much. It hurts, it is worst that when he said mean words to me, it is too much. Without thinking it I kneel down on the floor and hug him tight. I don't care that he rejected me, I don't care that he thinks I am crazy, I just can't see him like this and do nothing about it.

He doesn't hug me back nor move. I gently move my shoulder so he can rest his forehead and I notice his cheek is still red from the punch that Hyunseong gave him earlier. He keeps crying quietly and I caress his hair gently. I can feel my shirt getting soaked with his sorrowful tears but I can't care less.

I know the person I love is in deep pain. I am happy that he apologized but I feel my heart hurting because of his crying. Does he feel so bad about what he said to me before?? Maybe he misses me as a friend?? It can’t be just that, there is definitely something else going on, right??

After a while I gather the courage to finally speak “Donghyun what is wrong?” I ask softly still caressing his hair. He doesn’t answer, he doesn’t even move. I take a deep breath and keep talking “I know I messed up things between us but …" I take another deep breath " ...we are still friends. Please talk to me”

He keeps crying quietly but after a while he whispers “Sam … I am so sorry" " …. I shouldn’t have said that … please … please… forgive me…forgive me for everything”. I try to answer but only a whisper escape from my lips “It is ok. Everything is ok. You don't have to worry”

Suddenly he hugs me tight pulling me closer to him and resting his head on my neck. He hugs me like he is trying to hold onto me. He has stopped crying now but I can hear him taking deep breaths. I feel how my whole body stiffs and begins to turn hot because of his closeness. I feel my heart racing like crazy and I breathe slowly to calm down.

“Sam … I … I” he starts talking but then stops. “Donghyun… is everything ok?”. “No… no” he starts crying again. “Everything is wrong… my …my mom… she is sick” he finally says and hugs me even tighter.

.

.

.

I finally arrive to my bedroom and just lay down on the bed. I feel really sad and I am still in shock because of what Donghyun told me, I just can't believe it. His mom, the one that taught me how to cook, the one I consider my second mom, the person that Donghyun love the most is sick, really sick. She has leukemia.

Donghyun told me he found out just a week ago, his mom had been hiding it from everyone, especially from him. He saw her really weak and sick and took her to the hospital one night. The doctor told him that it was normal because of her treatment, her mom has been under chemotherapy for a month now.

He didn't know what to do or how to act, he was scared and feeling lonely because he felt like he couldn't talk about it with anyone, that no one could understand. His words made me felt even worst. I wasn't there for him as a friend when he needed me the most.

We talked for two hours about everything, his mom, school, our friendship. When I told him that I will erase my feelings for him and just keep being his friend he just nodded and didn't say anything else. After that I promise him that tomorrow, I will go to the hospital to visit his mom and left him at his house. 

When I arrived home. I told mom and dad what I knew. My mom started crying quietly and my dad looked like he was about to get sick too. They have been friends with Donghyun's mom forever so they were really affected. Then they told me to go get some sleep and we will visit her tomorrow.

.

.

.

Next morning I wake up because of my phone, it is ringing non-stop. I pick it up and it is Hyunseong.

"Sam?" his voice sounds worried. "Hi Hyunseong". I quickly reply "Are you ok? you sound kind of sick" I guess my voice is like this because of all the crying. I should tell him, right? I know Donghyun hasn't told him because he doesn't want to look weak in front of anyone's eyes but I just can't let Hyunseong keep worrying.

"Hyunseong. There is something I need to tell you" I finally say. After talking with Hyunseong for a most an hour and explain him what Donghyun is going through, he decides to go to the hospital too. I stay laying on my bed just looking at the ceiling. Donghyun, You must have been so sad the past week. I am really sorry.

Suddenly my dad enters my room. "Sam?" his face looks really worried, I just look at him confused. "Let me ask you something but I want you to answer me honestly, ok?" I just nod. What is going on?? What does he want to know?? "Sam, did you confess your feelings to Donghyun?" my heart stop beating and I quickly look down.

Why is he asking this?? How did he know?? I don't get it but I have to answer. I just nod slowly and don't look up. Then, I feel his arms around me hugging me lovingly "I am sorry Sammi, I am really sorry" he just whispers. As I hear his words quiet tears start running down my eyes.

Sammi, dad only calls me like that when he is trying to comfort me. Dad. How did you know I confessed and he rejected me? Do you know me that much? Did I said it uncounscioly? or while sleeping? It doesn't matter. Dad, thank you for knowing everything and always being here with me. 

He releases me from the hug and I wipe away my tears. "Sammi, don't worry everything will work out fine. I promise" he kiss me on the forehead and smiles "Now you have to get ready to go the hospital. We will go in a while" he says and leaves my room.

After getting ready, we leave the house and head to the hospital. I arrive and see Donghyun outside of his mom's room looking at the floor as wanting to do a hole in it. "Donghyun" I say in a low voice. "Sam" he looks at my eyes and I can see sadness in his. He look at my parents and bows to them.

"What are you doing out here?" my dad asks kindly "Ehh.. the doctor is inside, examinning mom" his voice a most cracks at the last sentence. I hear the door opening and see the doctor stepping out of the room. He looks at us and bows "I guess you are the relativies" We all look at him and just nod.

"Well, as you know she has been reciving high dosis of chemoteraphy and as a result her bone marrow has been strongly damaged. She needs surgery" the doctor sighs and keeps quiet for a while "She needs a bone marrow transplant as soon as possible"

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello!!! Finally finally updating after more than 2 months 

First of all I am really really sorry for not updating in such a ling time *bows*

Second, thank you for keep reading. To all of you silent readers I am really grateful 

Third, I know the story is getting really angst but I promise it will get happier so keep reading!!

Fourth, please comment or subscribe. I really want to know if you guys like the story or not....

 

Last, I am super hiper excited!!! Boyfriend comeback is just 4 days away, it is on the 08 of November. First length album :) Title track: Janus. If you guys haven't checked out the concept photo follow this link: http://www.allkpop.com/2012/10/boyfriend-announces-comeback-with-a-new-concept-photo

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND