Chapter 5 Continued Again (Again)

Broken, Unbroken [Hiatus]

MEI LING POV:

 

I put the dictionary down and stretched out onto my bed. Leeteuk had just left an hour ago after ending our lesson for the day. I was surprised at how much Korean I knew after only having two lessons with him. After he had left, I had spent the hour repeating the words and phrases until they were pounded into my head. Maybe now I could understand all the comments that Heechul always mumbles...

 

Suddenly, a crash sounded outside followed by the sound of a slamming door. I got off my bed and opened my door, looking around outside. I saw a phone laying in pieces next to Heechul's cat, which did not look impressed. His yellow eyes gleamed at me as if thinking that I was the one who threw the phone at it. I approached cautiously and slowly began picking up the pieces. The cat remained motionless, watching me with its golden orbs. Relaxing a bit, I looked at Heechul's door in confusion. What happened? My hand closed around something furry and it was too late when I realized that it was the cat's tail. Three sharp claws raked through the skin on my forearm, leaving long gashes that started to leak scarlet blood.

"Damn..." I said under my breath. "Stupid cat..." I remembered the memory I recently recovered and had the sudden urge to kick the animal. I hated cats... I placed the pieces of the phone on my bed and went to wash the gashes out before they got infected.

 

By the time the gashes stopped bleeding, I was in a bad mood. I went back to my room and began reassembling the parts of the cellphone. It took longer than I expected, but I finally managed. No sooner had I put it back together, the cellphone rang. I jumped in surprise and looked at the screen to see a name in Korean. What should I do? Should I answer it? ... What if it was his manager or someone who wasn't supposed to know about me? But... what if it was an emergency? Biting my lip, I pressed the receive button and brought it up to my ear.

"Heechul? Is that you? It's me..." I made out what the voice was saying.

"Uh, no... Heechul-shi is-" I began slowly.

"Oh, you speak, uh, English? Who you? Why you have Heechul-ah phone?" the voice asked. I was about to answer when another person in the background asked something.

"I'll be there in a bit!" the voice replied. I recognized the dialect to be Mandarin.

"...Are you... Hankyung?" I asked, my eyes widening.

"You speak Mandarin?" the voice asked in surprise.

"Yes, a little," I answered.

"Wow, I didn't expect this... Yes, I'm Hankyung. Most people call me Hangeng. Hankyung is my Korean name. Who are you?" he said.

"I'm..." I paused. No one else was supposed to know I was here... "Um, I'll let you talk to Heechul-shi," I said quickly and walked to his room.

"But-" I ignored him and rapped on Heechul's door. It opened, revealing his menacing scowl. I shoved the phone into his hands and hurried back to my own room, stopping to see him raise the phone to his ear in confusion.

"Yoboseyo?" he said. His eyes widened as the voice replied,

"Heechul-ah?"

______________

Sorry for the short chapter >.< but I really wanted to post this! Mwahaha another cliffhanger XD Please comment!