Four New Faces

Precious Memories

Tapping your foot lightly on the cement ground, you couldn’t help but feel completely annoyed. Here you are, outside the Incheon Airport, and not a familiar person was there calling out your name. Clicking your tongue, you grab ahold of your luggage and you walk down the sidewalk , stopping  at the corner of the street.

You search in your purse only to find out that your phone was dead. You sigh. You knew you should have charged your phone when you were waiting to board the plane. You were giving yourself a migraine.  You sat on the top of your luggage and took out the piece of paper that had the address that you are supposed to stay at.

You groaned. “Where is he? He should have been waiting for me outside of the Airport.” You scratched your head exasperatingly and frowned. That brother of yours has no responsibility what so ever. You were going to kill him once you get his apartment.

“Hey,” You turned your head to the voice inside the beat up old car. It was dark out, you weren’t able to see anything but the outline of his face and arm that was resting on the window pane. “Do you need a lift?”

You raised your eyebrows, of course you needed a lift, but you shook your head at the stranger. He parked his car and took the key out of the engine. He let his body swiftly move out of the driver’s seat and kicked the door shut.

“Seems like you do need a lift” He walked towards you and bent down to your eye level. You leaned back away from him. You observed the stranger in front of you. A beautiful sight he was, quite appealing actually.   “Do you speak Korean?”

Of course you did, you spent more than half your life here. “N-no.” You lied in English. “I don’t speak Korean.”

He smirked at you. “Huh, so you just understand then?” You should have never said anything. “Look, girl, I’m not going to hurt you if that’s what you’re thinking. Okay?”

I stared back at him and nodded my head in the dark.  He backed away and stretched out his arm to you.“I’m Suho by the way,” He said sincerely, waiting for you to shake his hand. You took it and said, “I’m ______”

He jerked you up making you stand on both feet. He reached for your luggage and held it by the handle, carrying it was a breeze for him. “So where to,______?” You smiled in the dark by his gesture.

::::::

In the car, you were squished in between these two tall boys in the back. You thought that Suho was alone, but once you stepped closer to his car, there were three other handsome boys looking back at you: One in the passenger seat and two in the back.

There was awkward silence for the first few minutes at first, so you decided to break the ice. You cleared your throat, “So uh, what are all your names?”

Suho looked through the rearview mirror and smiled, “That’s right, how rude of us.” He turned his shifted his eyes at the guy to the right of him, nudging him slightly. “That’s Kyungsoo, or D.O as others like to call him.”

Kyungsoo looked back at you, bowing and smiling politely. You bowed at him, grinning as well.  “The one  to the left of you is Chanyeol.”

He turned to you and waved his hand, “Anyeong!” You had never heard such a deep voice before. You kept grinning. “Anyeong”

“He’s probably has the deepest voice in the world.” Suho joked, you nodded your head in agreement as the others laughed as well. “And lastly to the left of you is Sehun. The Maknae of the group”  Maknae? Group? You were a bit confused but you didn’t ask.

“Anyeong.” He bowed politely as he gave no eye contact. Suho  looked through the rearview again and smirked a little, “Don’t worry too much about him. He’s shy when you first meet him but he’ll bubble up once you get to know him.”

“Glad to know.” You said smiling at Sehun who is now looking through the window. “Oh, and I’m _______. Thank you guys for driving me, I really appreciate it.”

“It’s nothing really, we were going in that direction anyway.” Chanyeol chimed “So, what brings you to Seoul?” 

You placed your hands between your thighs, clasping them together. You went to Seoul because you couldn’t stand staying in America with the Evil step mother. You promised yourself that once you turned 18 you would go and live with your brother in Seoul.  You saved all your money just so that you can survive here. “I’m planning to stay here with my brother.” You were also planning to find your best friend.

“Oh? I suppose he was the one that should’ve picked you up?” Suho asked as he lightly rapped against the stirring wheel with his thumb. His focus was on the road.

“Yeah” You said dully “He’s pretty forgetful, so this wasn’t really a surprise.” You ran your fingers through your hair as you gave a faint laugh. You were so going to kill him once you get to his apartment.

“Go figure.” Kyungsoo piped. His feet are stacked on top of the dashboard of the car. “Where are you from?” He tilted his head a little towards you.

“America” You said. “But I was born in Korea; I lived here since I was 12. I’m 18 now.” You watched as Suho turned into the Apartment homes.

“Woah, she’s Kai and Sehun’s Age” Kyungsoo said to Suho.  “I thought you were younger.”

You smiled. “Yeah, I get that a lot, hopefully not too young.” Chanyeol and Kyungsoo shook their heads at me. “Good.”

:::::

“Thanks again for this.” You said to Suho as you and he were outside of your brother’s apartment. He demanded the others to stay in the car because, according to him, they would be too loud. “How can I repay you?”

He shook his hands and placed my luggage on the floor next to him. “You don’t need to repay me.”  In the dim light of the apartment hall, you could see clearly how handsome Suho was. It made you wonder how handsome the other guys were. He gave a comforting smile.

“No, please” You said as you intertwined your fingers together, letting your bottom lip droop down, pouting. “Come on anything.”

He sighed as the smile never left his face, “Come to our concert.” You tilted your head and gave you him a confused face. He laughed.

“B-bwoh?” You questioned him. “Wait, are you guys in a band?” He lifted his left hand to the nape of his neck, rubbing it slightly.

“Something like that” He smirked at you. You blinked. “But, yes. Come to our concert.”  He whipped out his phone and said, “Let’s exchange numbers so we know how to contact you.”

You bit the inner of your bottom lip, “Wish I could, but my phone is dead.” He shrugged his shoulders and handed his phone to you.

“Then, just give me yours.” 

You were hesitant, but since he has done so much for you, you couldn’t possibly say no. You smiled at him and added your number to his contact list. You handed his phone to him as he checked it if you really did put your number in.

“Great, thank you.” He said as he shoved the phone back into his back pocket. You nodded gladly. So far, traveling wasn’t how you expected it to turn out, but you were so thankful that Suho and the rest were there.

“No Suho,  thank you.”