If it's Fate

Precious Memories

 

 You slammed the front door behind you and your brother raised both of his eyebrows at you. He looked at you with weary eyes, but then put his gaze back at the dishes.

 

“You want me kill someone for you?”

 

You bit your inner bottom lip. “Nope. I’m okay.” But were you ever just okay? Your best friend denies ever being your best friend. And as much as you didn’t want to admit it, you’ve both changed. “I’m going to bed.”

 

You walked to the bedroom. “But its only-“ You slammed the bedroom door. “-eight o’clock.” Your brother shook his head  in disappointment.

 

“She must be on her period.”

 

::::::::::::::::

 

You stared at the ceiling decorated with little glowing stars. You couldn’t sleep, you couldn’t do anything but toss and turn around in the bed. You reached  your hand to the night stand to grab the alarm clock.

 

It was 12 o’clock.

 

Four hours of complete restlessness.  You needed to get out of this apartment. You needed to leave the room. You have to stop thinking about-

 

Jongin.

 

Why is he on your mind? Why can’t you forget about him like he trying to forget about you? It’s been six damn years. And through those years you haven’t seen him, talked to him, or heard his voice until now. And even though you seen him, talked to him, and heard his voice; it was nothing like you expected.

 

Nothing at all

 

You dragged your feet off the bed and release the blanket away from your body. Your body lunged forward and you walked to through the door and out to the living room where you see your brother sleeping on the pull out couch. Just then you noticed how he snores; really loud too.

 

You passed him and you grabbed the apartment key on the counter table before you headed out the front door.

 

:::::::

 

You reached outside and you immediately felt the cool breeze against your bare skin. You didn’t care that you were just wearing your sleeping shorts or that you were in a plain white tshirt. Because no one was out, no one at all.

 

You walked with your apartment key in your shorts pocket and nothing else. You knew your way through the city now, but you thought it was totally different at night than the morning. You walked and didn’t care at all were you were going.

 

It’s not like you had a destination anyway. It’s not like you had somewhere yo-

 

You fell to the cement pavement because you hit a body. You landed on your , which you felt was now bruised.  You got up and dusted your bottom. Your head was low but you didn’t dare make contact with  the complete stranger.

 

“I’m sorry.” You said “I really wasn’t watching were I was going.”

 

“I should be the one apologizing.” The voice said.

 

His voice was raspy and all you could tell was that the guy was around your age. You looked up at the stranger and you widened your eyes. “J-Jongin?”

 

He looked at you with confused eyes. His features were much different than Jongin’s but since it was dark outside, the difference was only slight. He seemed to have slightly the same  lips though.

 

“Wait, what?”

 

“I’m sorry.” You apologized “I just thought you looked like someone.”

 

He smiled slightly and  ran his hand through his hair. “So, you don’t know me.”  You furrow your eyebrows at him and tilted your head in confusion.

 

“Should I know you?” You ask him as you crossed your arms.

 

He nods his head at you. “ If you know someone like Kai, you should know someone like me.” You pressed your lips together and bow.

“Sorry.” You said again. “But I don’t”

 

He swallows and gave a head nod. He seemed disappointed. “What’s a girl like you doing a in a place like this?”

 

You looked around the area. Nothing but alleys and dim streetlights. You didn’t even notice, until he pointed it out. Suddenly this place feels a whole lot more frightening. You swallow and bit your bottom lip.

 

“I could ask you the same thing.” You murmured, looking around once more. You watch him smirk again.

 

“Yes, but I’m not a pretty girl.”

 

“Me either.”  You scrunch your nose at him as he scoffs. You gave a smile, and ran your hand through your hair.

 

He’s interesting.

:::::::::::::::

 You two were sitting on the bench you encountered as you strolled down the city street. You smiled as he told you about his band mates and  how he was the maknae of the group. You nod your head as he continued to speak.

 

“You still don’t know me?” He asked all of a sudden.

 

A giggle escaped from your lips. “Nope.”

 

He placed his hands on his knees and lowered his head “Man, I must be really unpopular.”

 

You puffed your cheeks at him. “Maybe just a little”

 

He nudged you jokingly before he turned his body towards you.  “Tell me about yourself. I’ve been talking about me the whole night.”

 

You yawned. “Me? I’m not an interesting person.”

 

“Well you seem interesting.”

 

“I guess looks can be deceiving.” You say with ease. You look around the area again. The sky became a little brighter and you can see the guy’s features a little better.

 

“You’re telling me.”

You suddenly stand up. He looks at you, confused. A smile formed on your lips. “I have to go.” He stands up as well.

 

“Let me take you home.” He offers.

 

You raise your hands up. “A-aniya.” You laugh. “I’ll be alright. I’ve gone this far right?”

 

He nods but he crosses his arms over his chest. “You’ve gone this far, with me. I don’t want you to go home by yourself. Let me 

drop you off.”

 

“Really, it’s okay.” You tuck a strand of your hair behind your ear. “What’s with guys wanting to drop me off?”

 

“What?” He asks with his eyebrows raised “Do I have competition?”

 

“Huh?” You raise your eyebrows as well.

“Of course, someone as pretty as you would have many boys courting her” You roll your eyes and cross your arms. A slight smirk has appeared on his face.

 

“Not quite.” You says as you begin to turn your body away from the boy. “You can’t like me, you barely even know me.”

 

 “You’re right.” He says. “Maybe I should get to know you.”

 

You smile and turn to face him. “You should start with my name.”

 

He smiled back at you. “Maybe YOU should start with my name.”

 

You scrunch your nose at him and ran your fingers through your hair. “Look at us. We talked all night and we don’t even know each other’s names.”

 

He smirks. “Tell me your name.”

 

You shake your head. “You tell me your name first.”

 

“My name is –“

 

You raise your hand up, stopping him from going any further. “Actually, don’t tell me your name. Tell me your name next time.”

 

“What if we won’t meet each other again?”

 

“You’re famous, right?” 

 

He nods.

 

“Then, I guess I’ll see you around.”

 

With that, you turn around swiftly and walked away, leaving the unknown boy confused and alone. You closed your eyes and exhaled.

 

How could this stranger just pop out of nowhere and make you forget everything in your mind?

::::::::::::::

Ta-da! A new person, just like that! Okay subbies, who do you think the new guy is? I kind of made this up along the way, but still. YAY. THank you for your comments! I really enjoy them (: