Letters to Jongin

Precious Memories

 

Flashback

“_______-ah!” Your father yelled from downstairs “Time for dinner!”

“I’ll be there in a minute, Appa!” You replied. You bit your lip and continued to scribble down the last few words of your letter to Jongin.

 It’s been a  couple of months here in America. And in those couple of months you spent most of your time writing letters to Jongin on how sorry you were that you didn’t say your proper goodbyes to him. You haven’t received a letter from him yet, but you really wish you did.

 

Dear Jongin-ah,

 

Pabo, why aren’t you writing back to me yet? Are you mad? Don’t think of it as me leaving forever, okay? I’m coming back for you, just give it some time. You know how my evil step mother can be. Anyways, America is really different from Korea.  I go to a Korean school though, which is nice but English is so hard to learn. Whenever I think of speaking English, my nose will start to bleed. I’m serious. Keke. I haven’t made any friends yet, you know how I am. It’s pretty lonely here in America. Please don’t be mad. You know I hate it when you’re mad. Our promise is forever okay?

Forever.

Hwaiting, Kim Jongin Hwaiting.

 

Sincerely with Love,

_______

 

You read your letter a couple of times before putting it the long white envelope before sealing it shut. You smiled to yourself before kissing the envelope. With the stubby pencil that you have, you write on the back of the envelope, made with love.

Because it was made with love

Your love.

You went downstairs, envelope in your right hand. You went pass the living room and into the kitchen. You opened the drawer where your family kept the stamps. This was your usual routine.

“What are you doing?”

 You look up only to see your step mother looking at you with her arms crossed and a suppressed smile plastered on her face. You gave a smile back to her.

“I’m going to mail this letter to Jongin.” You say with confidence, holding the letter high enough for her to see. She nods and her eyes flicker behind you and to the other family members eating their dinner. She keeps the smile on her face, but she stuck her hand out.

“Here, darling” She smiles as she reaches for your letter. You pull the letter away from her and look up to her with confused face. Her face drops her smile for a moment, before giving you another forced smile.

“Give it to me darling.” She said again through her teeth. “I’ll mail it for you.” She said that loud enough for your father to notice that you came down the stairs. He smiles and beckons you to give it to your stepmother.

You eyed her and observed her face; Fake and so cruel.

How did your father ever fall in love with a witch like her?

“It’s okay really.” You say to her as you furrow your eyebrows. “I’ll do it myself.” Your stepmother flattened her dress down and clicked her tongue, but she still manages to smile upon you.

“Darling, why don’t you eat” She trailed as she looked at your father “And I’ll put the stamps on and put it in the mailbox for you.”

You look back at your dad, who is chewing on the rice and beckons you to give it to her again. You look back at her, hand stretched out and pleading for your letter. You begrudgingly give the letter to her and she smiles even wider.

Why the heck is she smiling too hard?

You exhale. “Thank you.” You mumbled before taking a seat at the edge of the table between your appa and your oppa.

 

End of Flashback.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hello subscribers! Sorry for the long wait with the update! School started so I've been busy with HW and studies. T.T But yeah. haha Thanks for all your wonderful support!

SO ain't that mother of yours a real.... yeah, You get the point. (:

Please comment and subscribe. I really enjoy reading each of your comments. and it always brightens my day when I recieve a subscriber.

You guys rock!