Not so proper goodbyes

Precious Memories

 

You and Jongin both headed towards the door way to the restaurant but before you could open the door, Jongin held on to your wrist. You looked back at him, hand on the handle.

 

“What is it?” You asked looking back at him.  You watched his Adam’s apple as he swallowed.  You turn to the glass window to see the rest of your peers enjoying themselves, talking amongst each other

.

“Before we go in,” He murmured, still holding on to your wrist “I just wanted to ask you something.”

 

You blinked at him and swallowed the saliva caught up in your throat. “What is it, Jongin?”

 

“Do you like him?” He asked with a curious voice. You tilted your head before biting down on your lip.

 

Who is he talking about?

 

“Do you like Taemin?”

 

Oh

 

“Well I just met him so-“   You mustered, blushing slightly with his sudden question.

 

“Just be careful. Taemin isn’t like you think he is.”  He looked at you before letting go of your wrist and reaching out for the handle of the glass door, the same handle your hand was holding on to.

 

 

::::::::::::::

 

 

“Ah, it took you guys long enough!” Choi Soyeon yelped as she ran and greeted Jongin with an arm squeeze. Jongin smiled at her warmly before glancing at you but you tried to avoid his eyes.  You and Jongin both took your seats quietly.

 

Taemin smiled at you and rested his hand onto of yours which was on top of the table. Jongin tried to ignore the gesture but his fist already formed his knuckles white under the table. A warm hand approaches his and he immediately relaxes his fist and looked at Soyeon with a dull smile.

 

“I think that they really look good together.” Soyeon whispered in Jongin’s ear and let out a giggle. You turned your head to Soyeon, tempted to hear what Soyeon was saying, but all you could hear was her giggling. That made you more intrigued.

 

Taemin looked at his cellphone and rose from his seat. “I’m sorry guys but I have to get going.”

 

“Oh yeah, it’s getting pretty late isn’t it?” Your brother said looking at his watch. “We should all be getting home.” 

 

“_______-ah, do you need a ride home?” Taemin asked. You looked at him before smiling politely.

 

“Ah, no thanks” You said and tilted your head in your brother’s direction. “My brother has a car so I could probably-“

 

“Actually sis,” You brother cut you off “I’ve got to take my girlfriend home. ”

 

Curse you brother, can’t you just take me home for once?

 

Taemin grabs your hand lightly before giving you a grin, “So, how about it then?”

 

You look up to him then to Jongin who was staring intensely at you. Probably hoping that you actually listen to what he had just said before.

 

“Yeah okay.” You nod. You turn your attention to Jongin and Choi Soyeon. You smiled at Soyeon and bowed.
 

“It was nice seeing you again.”

 

She grins and wraps her tiny arms around your neck. “It was so nice seeing you again, Panda.” She giggled. “Maybe next time we can have some girl time. Like one on one.”

 

You chewed the inside of your cheek before forcing yourself to pat Soyeon’s back softly. “That would be grand.”

 

Jongin separates Soyeon’s arm from you, “Let’s go Soyeon, we should really get going.” He turns to you and nods, he shifts his eyes to Taemin before keeping the stern look on his face. “Later Taemin Hyung.”

 

“Bye Jongin” Taemin replies, still holding my hand. You watch as Jongin holds Soyeon’s hand as he pulls her out the exit of the store. You really wished that he greeted a proper goodbye to you, but then again, he’s Jongin.

 

You turn your attention back to your Oppa and his beautiful girlfriend. You furrow your eyebrows. “Oppa, You didn’t even Introduce me to your girlfriend yet.”

 

Your brother turned to his girlfriend as she let out a small laugh before poking your brother’s side. “I can’t believe you didn’t even let me introduce myself to your cute sister.”

 

You stretched your hand out towards her as she shook it. “Hi, I’m Kim Naya. I’ve heard so much about you.” You gave a toothy smile to her.

 

“Good things” You inverted your eyes to your brother “I hope.”

 

She let out a giggle, “Yes, good things.”

 

Your brother glared at you and mouthed something inaudible that you couldn’t understand. You shrugged your shoulders at him before turning to taemin. “We should go now.”

 

“Yeah” He replied, almost eagerly. “Nice meeting you two.” He looked at the older couple and bowed respectively at them. “Don’t worry, I’ll bring ______-ah safely home”

 

 

::::::::::::::::::

 

Yes, I finally updated! AHh, I know. It’s been such a long time.  And I’m uber sorry that I it’s short again!

Anyway, thank you for your support! I love you subscribers~~~

<3