An Odd Awakening

Precious Memories

 

Sorry guys it took so long to update! Enjoy~

 

::::::::::::::

 

“Jongin.” You spoke, four pair of eyes looked at you. He looked up from the mp3 player and took the earphone out of his right ear. He looked at you and smiled, bowing 90 degrees. You tilted your head in confusion. “Y-you remember me, don’t you?” You asked.

 

He smiled and nodded.

 

Okay good.

 

 “You’re the fan that we met last time right? The one who presented me with a teddy bear.”

 

 

Your heart sank.  You bit your inner lip, hard. Tasting the blood, you knew that this wasn’t a dream. It was a nightmare.

 

:::::::::::::::::

 

“What are you talking about?” You asked confused as you studied his face. You watched him as he wrapped his earphone cord around his mp3 and shoved it in his back pocket. He gave his smirk-ish grin and approached you. Your eyes looked at him, there was no possible way he could not be your Jongin.

 

“Dasha,” He said with ease “right? That is your name, right?” His voice to his ears was all you could hear, much deep  sounding and definitely more mature than before. You swallowed, even though your eyes were on Jongin you couldn’t help but notice the other members gaping at his remark. How the hell can he said that? After all these years, after all these memories, he wasn’t able to even remember your name.

 

“_______” You heaved as narrowed your eyebrows at him.  You watch him as he gulp, but he still smiled politely at you and nodded. He remembered you, of course he remembered you. How could he not remember his best friend? “That’s my name.”

 

“Sorry,” he murmured, “my mistake.” He looked in your eyes one last time before he spun around and shot a look at Suho. “Hyung, let’s go. Suddenly, I have the desire to leave.” He shoved his hands in his pockets before he pushed through the entrance doors and scurried in the car.

 

He left you, dumbstruck.

 

Suho looked at you and gave you an apologetic look. “I’m sorry for Jongin.” He said sincerely “He’s rarely ever like this.”  You nodded and tried to smile at him.

 

You know.

 

How could you smile when your heart is aching like this?

 

:::::::::::::::

 

Kyungsoo widened his eyes at Jongin. “Wait, so you did know her?”  Jongin rolled his eyes and slammed his hand his forehead.

 

Jongin sighed. “Yes, Kyungsoo, I do know her.” He closed his eyes and visualized your face and appearance again.

 

You changed so much.

 

“How come you told her didn’t remember her?” Baekhyun asked as he leaned forward in the back seat so that Jongin could easily hear him.

 

“I never said I didn’t remember her.”

 

He bit his lip and turned his head towards the window. “Well, not literally, but I bet poor _______ is thinking otherwise.” Chanyeol spoke as he furrowed his eyebrows at Jongin, who was clearly not paying attention to him. Jongin closed his eyes again, he couldn’t get you off his mind.

 

“Kai, you should be careful.” Suho chimed as he looked in the review mirror.

 

Jongin turned to the driver, “What do you mean?”

 

“Whatever game you’re playing, Kim Jongin,” Suho murmured. “ I don’t want  to see _______ get hurt because of you.”

 

“Yeah well, she hurt me first.” Jongin whispered quietly, letting no one hear him.

 

::::::::::::::::::::

 

That night, you cried. You cried because you were angry, not sad. Angry that Kim Jongin didn’t remember you, Angry that he left without saying goodbye, angry because he acted as if he doesn’t even know you.

 

What did you do wrong?

 

You definitely knew that he was your Kim Jongin. You knew because of his smirk, his plump lips, and the way that he grinned at you.


After six years without him the only thing that was on your mind was being with him once again. You are not letting him go that easy. If he doesn’t remember you, then you finally decide to force the memories back into his head.

 

You decided to force him to remember you. You are not letting your best friend slip away from you again.

 

:::::::::::::::::::

 

The next morning your brother came into your room and shook you restlessly. Under the covers you groaned and let out a yawn. You did not want to wake up. He shook  your shoulders again before pulling the covers  off your body.

 

The morning light shined your eyes and you  rested your forearm over your eyes, blocking the bright light. “Oppa~” You whined as you tried to grab the covers  from the bottom of the bed. “Please, leave me alone!”

 

A chuckle escaped from his lips, but that chuckle did not belong to your brother.

 

You took your arm off your eyes and let them flutter open to find, Chanyeol looking down upon you. He had his arms crossed over his chest as he tried to not laugh hysterically.  You imagined your hair in knots  and  your face all tired and puffy from crying.

“Ah, C-chanyeol-ah” You sat up from the bed and pulled the covers over your body. When do you ever get any privacy around here? “What are you doing here?”

 

“Just dropping by again,” He said as he sat down at the edge of your bed. “Actually your brother invited us over. Weird, huh?”

 

You nodded. So, this was your brother’s doing huh? Why must he always try to embarrass you?  You ran your fingers through your hair, luckily there weren’t much tangles than you expected. “As in ‘us’, you mean…”

 

“All of them!” Your brother’s figure appeared in the door frame of the bedroom. “Ain’t that great? I though you would like some company. Plus I got their autographs. I’m soo happy!” He held the paper in his hand and smiled brightly.

 

You turned to Chanyeol, “Oh, you really didn’t have to come if you didn’t want to.” You said apologetically, as you rubbed your eyes. “I know you guys have a busy schedule and all.” Chanyeol scrunched his nose and smiled at you sincerely.

 

“Actually, we’re taking a break for a few weeks.” He smiled. “We’ve been training and practicing so hard that our manager decided that we needed rest.”

 

“Ah really?” You grinned “That’s great! Where are the rest of the guys?” Chanyeol  pointed out the bedroom door.

 

“They are actually in your living room, watching tv.”

 

Duh, stupid question. Where else would they be?

 

You looked at Chanyeol again as he kept his eyes on you. “What?” you asked as you suddenly feel self-concious. “Why are you always looking at me like that?”

 

He shakes his head before replying, “It’s just that, every time I see you, you get prettier.”  You throw him a weird look, because right now, you probably look your worst.

 

“Yah, I just woke up.”  You narrowed your eyesbrows at him and slid your legs off the bed. You smiled at him and took the covers off your body and slid off the bed. You revealed yourself in shorts showing your bare legs and a light gray t-shirt. Chanyeol looked down at you and cleared his throat but shifted his eyes somewhere else.

 

Oh right, you weren’t home alone.

 

“Ah-hah, sorry” You chuckled awkwardly and  straightened your shorts and hair. “I forgot that I’m not alone.” Chanyeol smiled at you  and shrugged  his shoulders.

 

“I should be the one apologizing.” Chanyeol  said, scratching his head. “I was kind of the one that woke you up.” He looked at you and you scrunched your nose at him, giving him a sweet smile that makes his heart beat inevitably fast.

 

He inhales and shifts his eyes away from you again, remembering that you are revealing much skin. “I should probably go to the living room, the guys think I went to the bathroom. “ He said again, opening the door.

 

“Yeah, that probably be the best idea.” You said and placed all your hair on one side over your shoulder. He pressed his thin lips together and smiled, nodding  and closed the door behind him.

 

You exhaled and looked up at the ceiling before you crashed on your bed. “ Ugh, why must this boys be so charming.”

:::::::::::::

 

Hello guys! Sorry I haven’t been updating  Precious Memories lately, but I did update Payphone. You should check it out!

 

II know this wasn't much but please stay tuned. Thank you, lovely subscribers for your comments I really really appreciate you guys!