Let the Games Begin

Precious Memories

 

Taemin closed the passenger’s door after you exited it.  A smile tugged on your lips as you mirrored Taemin’s. You hoped he didn’t expect anything, you hoped that there wouldn’t be any tension between you two.

 

Under the dim streetlights, you watched as Taemin swallowed. He looked down at you.  “So this is where you live, huh?” You nodded your head softly and your lips.

 

“Yeah.” You chuckled, crossing your arms. “Just my brother and I, for now.”  You both walked up to the apartment entrance and stopped at the door. Taemin faced you and inched closer to you, leaving you breathless.

 

“Listen, Taemin I-“

 

“You don’t have to tell me.” He said firmly. He pressed his lips together and gave another one of his angelic smiles. “I know you don’t like me.”

 

You frown and let your hands go down to your sides. How can you respond?

 

He placed both of his hands in his jacket pockets before breaking the eye contact you shared. “What do you mean?” You murmured. “Of course I like you.”

 

He shook his head and his lips. “Not the way I want you to like me.” You lowered your eyes to the cement ground. “I see the way you look at Kai. It’s not the way you look at me. When you look at him, there is so much affection. When you see Soyeon and Kai together, it seems like you’re hurting.”

 

You closed your eyes. How can you be wearing your heart on your sleeve? You’re not supposed to be showing your emotions.

 

A warm hand was placed delicately on your chin, tilting it up. Your eyes looked into his and before you knew it, Taemin’s lips crashed onto yours.

 

::::::::::::::::::::::

 

Breathless, you were breathless.

 

As you sat down on the wooden bench you wiped the sweat off your forehead with your sleeve. You placed your elbows and your mind lingers back to last night when Taemin kissed you. You closed your eyes and placed your finger on your temples.

 

For a second, you couldn’t move. Your mind couldn’t grasp the fact that Taemin was kissing you. When you finally realized, your eyes widened and your cold hands lay on his chest, pushing him away.

 

You swallowed hard and narrowed your eyes. “Why would you do that?” You bellowed. “Why would you kiss me?”

 

A frown arises from his face and shrugged his shoulders, bleakly. “It’s because I’m attracted to you.” You wiped your lips with the back of your hands. “Didn’t you feel anything when I kissed you?”

 

You exhaled and said nothing. Your heart raced; shivers went down your spine. You felt exposed. He inched closer to you, and you closed eyes.  “I’m sorry.” He whispered. “I shouldn’t have done that, but I like you.”

 

“I like you.” He said again.

 

You buried your face into your hands and tried to cam yourself down, but how can you calm down when Taemin took your first kiss away?

 

Your phone vibrated in your pocket, taking your attention away from event that just happened last night. You took it out  and pressed your phone against your ear. “Hello?” Your voice came out raspier than you expected.

 

“Meet me by the café a few blocks down your apartment in an hour.”  A voice said firmly. “ We can have our ‘one on one.’”

 

Dailtone.

 

You cursed under your breath because you knew the voice.  You lowered your head and groaned.

 

“Soyeon.”

 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

“I’m so glad you came.” The perky girl in front of you chimed. She laced her fingers around the cup of mocha coffee and brought it to her lips. “I thought you wouldn’t.”

 

You shook your head at her judgment. Of course you were tempted to just bail but what else would you do? You haven’t seen this girl in forever. “Nah, of course I came.” You choked out a few words before sipping your coffee as well.

 

A firm smile spread across her lips before she narrowed her eyes and looked dead into yours. “Look,” she said. “That stunt of yours you pulled at the restaurant,  I give you props.”

 

You give her a confused look. “What are you even talking about?” You ask her, crossing your arms defensively.

 

“Don’t play dumb, _________” She  murmured, “I know you still have feelings for him. I know it. Heck, everyone knows of it. Of course, not Jongin, though.”

 

“Seriously, I don’t-“

 

“Shut up, okay?” She exclaimed. Soyeon realized she was being loud and laughed innocently. “Let me just inform you what happened between me and Jongin after you left for America.”

 

You suppressed your lips and allowed her to talk. You didn’t want the truth. You didn’t want to know what happened when you left him.

 

“When you left, quite honestly, he was heartbroken.” She explained. “He waited for your letters, and they never come. You see, I tried so hard to him forget about you, but he wouldn’t.”

 

A small smile tugged on your lips, but then faded away when you saw Soyeon glaring at you. “So you were saying?” You said.

 

Soyeon rolled her eyes. “Anyway, as we grew older, he began to forget and I stayed patiently beside him. I told him to audition to be a SM trainee and surprisingly he made it. I supported him when you in America. I gave him my love when you weren’t here. Then he finally realized that we should have been together a long time ago. Took him a while!”

 

You your clammy lips before swallowing the lump in your throat. “What’s your point Soyeon?”

 

“My point?” She questioned, smilingly “Oh yes. My point is that what you once had, you’ll never have again. He’s mine. He’ll never go back to you.”

 

“Really now?” You argue “You really think that you’re so special?”

 

She nods. “Yes. Yes I do.”

 

“I can make him fall for me.” You say with confidence. “I can make all the precious memories we once had have meaning  again.”

 

She raises her eyebrows, “If you can make you Kai  fall for you again, then you can have him. But if you don’t, then promise me you’ll never  show your face with him again.”

 

“I can’t promise you that.”

 

“Then don’t even bother trying.” She gets up from her seat , grabbing her coach purse. She was ready to leave.

 

“Wait,” You say. “Just like that? You’re going to just let me have him?”

 

She shrugs her shoulders. “If he does love you, I can’t stop his feelings. I have much respect for him.”

 

“Well then,” You say. “I promise.”

 

She looks at you before sticking her small slim hand out. You stick out yours as well, sealing the deal.

 

“I guess, let the games begin.” She smirks before turning away.

 

::::::::::::::::

HELLO my lovely subscribers! I want to thank you sooooooo much for sticking with me even though I haven’t been updating. I’m soo sorry! But I love you. I love you. I love you. I’m so thankful for you guys!