He Never Stopped

Precious Memories

 

Previously:

“T-taemin?” You looked at boy that was now next to you.

 

He pressed a smile before slinging his arm around your shoulder. “______-ah, what a beautiful name to go with a beautiful face.”

 

You gave an inward laugh before shrugging his arm off your shoulder. The tension between everyone became very awkward. A smirk appeared on Taemin’s face.

 

“So you finally realized what a celebrity I was huh? Did you enjoy SHINee’s performance?”

 

“Well, actually I didn’t know-“

 

“______-ah!”  You turned your head once more before rubbing your forehead. Your brother was there with his beautiful girlfriend. “I thought you said you would watch for us!
 

 

First, a surprise visit from Choi Soyeon, then a move from no other than Shinee’s Taemin, now, your brother’s girlfriend isn’t the only problem you have.

 

Oh boy, It’s going to be a long night.

 

::::::::::

 

“So, ______-ah” Soyeon’s eyes glimmered as she sipped on her straw leading to her iced tea. “ How have you been? America sure treated you nicely, huh?”

 

You bit your lower lip and shifted your eyes on Jongin’s who’s eyes were  looking at his food on his plate. His hand was wrapped around hers. Weird how the seating arrangements made you be sitting right across from the couple.

 

Taemin decided that you, your brother and his girlfriend, and Jongin and Soyeon should eat out, to get to know each other. Unfortunately for you, everyone agreed joyously.

 

“It’s been good in America, very different from Korea.” You replied dully. She rolled her eyes but smiled, squeezing Jongin’s hand playfully.  Jongin smiled at her before squeezing her back.

 

“That’s good.” Soyeon pressed a smile and shifted her eyes to Taemin. “SO, Taemin oppa, How did you meet _______-ah?”

 

Taemin pressed a smile and looked at you before answering. “Well, you could say, I just kinda bumped into her and then I kinda knew it was love at first sight.” He winked at you.

 

You blushed hoping he won’t expand on his story.  “It wasn’t love at first sight.” You argued, because it was true.

 

“Awh,” Soyeon  cooed. “She’s blushing. Stop denying it ______-ah. It’s okay to admit it.”

 

Jongin eyes looked at yours just as you looked at him. Your face began to feel hotter.

 

What if he thinks you do like him?

 

Right now, your feelings are so confusing. You don’t even know.

 

“Excuse me for a second.” You suddenly said and pushed yourself off the chair and out the door of the restaurant. The rest of them looked at each other confused but kept eating their food.

You sat down on the bench and placed your elbows on your knees and covered your face with your hands. You just need to think this all through. Everything was happening so fast, you need to pull yourself together, you need to-

 

“_______-ah.”

 

You whipped your head around and became face to face with Jongin. The wind blew his hair in the best direction, both his hands where in his pockets. His face has never been so perfect, yet so serious. He walked over to you and sat down.

 

As soon as he sat down, you felt his heat radiating off of his body. That’s how close you are to him.

 

“Y-yes?” You croaked. It was the only words you could say at the time. He chuckled and looked down at his knees.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked gently before glancing to you with his warm dark eyes.

 

You swallowed. “Never been better.”

 

“Why are you lying?”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“Yes you are.”

 

“Why do you care?” You whispered. “When did you start caring about me?”

 

“When did I ever stop caring about you,  _______-ah?” He turned his body to face you completely. “Don’t think I  stopped caring about you.”

 

You looked at him and lowered your eyes.  “Then tell me why you’ve been ignoring me. Why haven’t I ever received any letters from you at all when I was in America?”

“I did send letters, you never replied to any of them. I sent you gifts on your birthday and on Christmas but, I nothing in return.” He said looking down but he smiled at the ground. “I guess I sounded greedy huh?”

 

You shook your head at him.

 

 He could never be greedy.

 

“If you sent letters,” You started saying. “And I sent letters. Why the heck did we haven’t received any of them?

 

You both stayed silent for a moment, thinking what the possible cause could be. Then you both dodged  your heads up and looked at each other.

 

“That evil step mother.” You both said in unison.

 

 

::::::::::::::::

 

Yes, it’s short. –Lowers head, ashamed.-  And yes, you and Jongin finally kept a conversation! Yay!

Stay tuned and thank you for your love and support! ^^