When It Rains, It Pours

Precious Memories

 

Flashback

 

You stared at your best friend in horror as he stepped outside into the hard rain. You didn’t know what caused him to do risky things like this, but it always causes you to worry. You stayed under the roof of your front porch, clutching on your jacket for warmth. It was night time and you and your best friend snuck out while each family member was sleeping.

 

“Kim Jongin!” You yelled at him. “Come back right now! You’re going to get sick!” Under the dim light of the streetlights he smiled and shook his head viciously. He waved at you, beckoning you to come toward him.

 

“Aish!” You screamed out and shook your head. There is no way that you were going in that rain. You stomped on the cement ground. You didn’t even notice yourself inching forward, beyond what the roof could block. You backed up and placed your hand on your forehead.

 

You didn’t know what to do.

 

As you watched your best friend dance hardcore in the rain, you couldn’t help but feel the need to want to dance with him no matter how untalented you are at dancing. You watched him as he swiped the water on the ground with his foot, splashing his own lawn. The rain was still pouring.

 

He flipped his hair back and he threw his infamous smirk at you as he ran towards you. You widened your eyes and backed away as he got closer. Drenched from head to toe, Jongin’s clothes clung on to his slim figure.

 

He reached for your hand, but you pulled away. He got closer as you placed your body on the bricked wall of the front porch. There was no running away now. “_______-ah!” He whined as he finally got a grip on your hand.

 

“Wah!” You pushed him away, but he stood his ground. He looked at you with this dark eyes and pouted his lips. You hated when he did his ageyo because he was pretty dang good at it. “Jinja, Jongin. Stop!”

 

His grip on you loosened as he leaned closer to you, making it easier for you to listen, “What’s going to happen once you get wet, huh?” He questioned you, almost teasing you. You bit your bottom lip as you looked at him.

 

The things you do for him.

 

“Absolutely nothing.” Jongin murmured against your ear, answering his own question. He shook his head, making drops of water go on you. You glare at him.

 

Might as well get wet now.

 

You puffed out your  cheeks, grabbed his skinny wrist and pulled him back outside into the hard warm rain. As the raindrops dripped on your skin, you felt a whole new experience. In the rain, the only thing you were able to hear was the patter of the drops everywhere. You looked at Jongin, who smiled widely at you, splashing puddles making you more wet. You screamed excitedly and splashed back. You were quite a happy child.

 

And he was the only one that could make you feel absolute joy.

 

End of flashback.