Not the reality I wanted.

Precious Memories

 

You changed into a floral dress that goes to the top of your knees before you headed outside of the room. Still, you didn’t want to face the rest of the Exo members, but you knew that you had to. Especially Kim Jongin. You knew for a fact that he was definitely your Kim Jongin. You just needed to know why he doesn’t remember you.

 

Honestly, it hurt you that he doesn’t remember. It hurt you because of the many years you spent together, the struggles you’ve had together, and the times when you’ve promised forever.

 

But you guess forever wasn’t enough, now was it?

 

You closed the door behind you and you walked down the short hallway to the living room where the six boys were squished on the small couches. You spot Jongin sitting on the edge of the couch, elbows on his knees while he looked through his phone.

 

He seems bored.

 

You inhaled and walked in until their heads popped up and eyes turned. You bowed at them and they bowed their heads to you. Your focus was more on Jongin, who didn’t even bother to look up.

 

You exhaled.

 

That Jerk.

 

You smiled at Kyungsoo who stood up and offered his spot on the couch next to Jongin, but you declined. His big eyes blinked at you and tilted his head.

 

“Come, just sit.” He tried offering again. You smiled at him and shook your head, politely.

 

“Really, it’s okay.” You say. You looked around the room, your brother nowhere in sight. That pabo. You smiled at your gorgeous guests. “Would you like anything to drink?”

 

“What do you have?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Uh, we have aloe vera, water, coke, sprite, and-” Your eyes shifted towards Jongin who’s eyes were still on his phone. “-Mango Juice” His thumb stopped scrolling down his phone and his eyes shifted towards yours, which meant that he was listening to you.

 

His favorite beverage is mango Juice and you remembered it clearly.

 

“Ooh, I’ll have coke please!” Baekhyun spoke first

 

“Me, too” Sehun chimed

 

“Can I have aloe vera?” Kyungsoo asked

 

“Sprite for me, please” Suho said politely

 

“I’ll get a Mango Juice~” Chanyeol sang

 

You nodded  at them and you turned your head to Jongin, who hasn’t even spoken yet.   His eyes shifted from yours to the phone again. You  frowned a bit but kept it small so that no one notices it. “What would you like, Jongin?” You asked him, smiling. “Mango juice, as well?”

 

His brown eyes looked up at you, and he smiled as if you didn’t know it was forced. “No, it’s okay.” He said “I’ll just have water.”  You nodded, your heart feeling rejected. You turned around to retrieve the drinks.

 

“Oh and _____-sshi.”

 

 Your heart pounced when you heard him say your name. Just like before.

 

“It’s not Jongin, it’s Kai.”

 

More rejection filled your heart when he said that. Your back faced him and your arms went down to your sides. You balled your hands into fist. It helped you stop your emotions from drowning out.

 

“Araso,” You murmured. “Araso, Kai.”

 

:::::::::::::

 

“Thanks again for having us over!” Baekhyun said with glee.

 

“Yeah, we thank you for your hospitality!” Kyungsoo agreed.

 

“Next time, we’ll take you out for some bubble tea, araso?” Chanyeol smiled before ruffling your set of hair. You nodded before patting  your hair back down.”

 

“I appreciate you coming to-“ You started saying

 

“Thanks for the autographs. My girlfriend is going to flip.” Your brother pushed you out of the doorway to talk to them. You furrowed your eyebrows and pouted your lips at your brother.

 

“Oppa!” You whined, trying to get a glance at them but your brother pushed your face with his hand. His whole hand was able to fit around your face. You grunted before pinching his arm. He squirmed and you were able to pop your face through the doorway where the members stayed outside the hallway of your apartment. You walked out the door to send them off well.

 

“We’ll see you later.” Suho said, waving his hand before heading to the stairs. You nodded and smiled at them. Your brother rolled his eyes before closing the door, to give you more privacy.

 

“Most definitely” You assured “You can come anytime and I’ll sure cater to your needs. Okay?” You joked. He laughed and smiled.

 

“We’ll hold that against you, so you better keep that promise.” Baekhyun added before nudging you playfully.

 

“Oh of course, I like to keep my promises.” You say before taking a glance at Jongin who had one ear bud in. “Although some promises are meant to be broken.” You watched as Jongin clenched his jaw and turn around completely, acting as if he had heard nothing and headed to the staircase at the end of the hallway.

 

“Don’t break that promise . We actually like your company.” Sehun said quietly before puffing out his cheeks. You smiled at him.

 

“Aigo.” You puffed your cheeks at him, and placed your hands on his cheeks. “Kyeopta~” He blushed before pushing your hands away from his face.

 

“Yah,  ____-ah. I am slightly older than you.”

 

“I don’t care, you’re so cute.” You watch him narrow his eyes at you and you smile sweetly at him, making him blush. He shook his head before rolling eyes and headed to the stairs.

 

You waved at all of them until they reached the end of the hallway. Surprisingly, you saw that Jongin lagging behind all of them. You decided to jog closer to him before calling his name.

 

He stopped.

 

“You honestly can’t keep pretending you don’t know me.” You say out of breath. His back was to you, an ear bud still in his ear.  He was only a few feet away,  but you felt the distance between the both of you.

 

“_____-sshi-“

 

“Don’t call me that.” You begged him. “Please, don’t act like we’ve just met.” You stepped closer to him. His head was tilted low and his stance was still. The others went down the stairs, leaving the hallways alone and desolate except for the you of two.

 

“We don’t know each other anymore.” His voice was low and dark.

 

“Why are you being so cruel?” You huffed as you stomped your foot on the ground. He turned around at the thud of your foot. A smirk appeared on his face.

 

A dry dark chuckle came out from his lips.

 

“Me, cruel?” He asked you. He turned his whole body towards you  and step closer taking his headphone out of his ear. “What about you?”

 

Your eyes looked up at him, narrowed and wretched. “What about me?”

 

“You don’t think you’re cruel yourself?” He squints his eyes at you before stepping closer. “You don’t think leaving without any goodbyes whatsoever, is not cruel?”

 

You clenched your jaw before releasing your crossed arms. “I had no choice, I wasn’t able to run to you. You knew I would have, if I had the chance.”

 

“That’s bull.”

 

“You’re bull.” You spat.  Inches away from each other again, he looked down upon you while you looked up at him. His features are more defined and clear, but his eyes were tired. You watched as his eyes searched your face before completely looking away.

 

“I guess we’ve changed.” He murmured. You dreaded those words. You dreaded ever having a conversation like this with him. You wished it wasn’t true. You ‘ve only could wish that you  could just start where you guys left off.

 

But that’s not reality.

 

“I guess we did.”

 

::::::::::::::

 

A/N: Yes I know.  How sad.  Reality is soooo cruel. D:  But don’t worry my fellow subscribers. Thanks for reading. I’m loving your comments!