The Actual Reality

Precious Memories

 

 

“Wait,” Kyungsoo said, breaking the connect you and Kim Jongin. “You know kai?”  You looked at Jongin then back at Kyungsoo with a weird expression. Kai?

 

“Who’s Kai?” You asked with a blank expression. Sehun stood up from the couch and pointed his index finger at Jongin who kept his eyes on you, not tearing away.

 

“He’s Kai.” Sehun said. Everyone nodded in agreement. You really hoped no one could hear your heart beating.

 

“I’m Kai.” Jongin repeated right after Sehun. Sehun shook his and threw his hands in up in the air.

 

“That’s what I just said!” Sehun chimed, planting his on the couch again. He leaned his elbows on his knees and pouted, “That’s his stage name.”

 

“That’s my stage name.”

 

Sehun gaped, and his eyes widened. Was it ignore the maknae day today? “You are just totally ignoring me aren’t you, Kai?” You smiled at the maknae and looked over to Jongin who was still looking at you, still in a trance.

 

“You’re not an ugly duckling anymore ________-ah.” Jongin whispered as he smirked.  You can see that the rest of the EXO members were all confused as they threw glances at one another. Chanyeol had his hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder, both just watching the two of you. Kyungsoo, all wide eyed, couldn’t just keep his eyes on one person. Suho was on the couch’s armrest as he fumbled with the phone in his hand. And Sehun was leaning his head on his hands, looking pissed.

 

You pressed a smile and crossed your arms. You raised your eyebrows at the aged Jongin you knew six years ago. He grew much taller, toned, leaner, and he got more attractive than before. “So you’ve finally noticed.” You stated as you grinned at him.

 

You watch him swallow and smile as he stepped closer to you, “I told you didn’t I? I told you I was going to make it big.” You replayed the memory back in your head. You still heard the eagerness in his voice. Can your heart stop fast beating just for a second?

 

You nod, “Indeed you did, Jongin-ah.”

 

“Wait,” Suho piped up, ruining the moment. “Does this mean that you met everyone already?” You turned your head to him. You did meet everyone already. Then you finally realized that it wasn’t just Jongin in the lobby, but the rest of the members too.

 

You can’t just not pay attention to the other members; You shrugged your shoulders lightly. “I guess I did meet you all already. This is all of EXO?” You asked them.

 

“This is all of EXO-K.” Baekhyun said, as he approached you and leaned his arm on your shoulder. “You still haven’t met EXO-M.” Baekhyun smiled at you  and nodded with the rest of the group. You sighed and gave a dry laugh, trying to shrug Baekhyun’s arm off your shoulder.

 

There are more attractive guys?!

 

You won’t be able to keep comfortable at this rate. The guys looked at you, some laughed. Chanyeol went up to you and smirked.

 

“You think we’re attractive ______-ah?” Chanyeol grinned.

 

You swallowed. Hard.

 

“Did I say that out loud?” They all nod.  Your face began to feel oddly hot as you turned to Jongin who was shaking his head, yet keeping his smile plastered on his face.

 

I can’t believe I said that.

 

:::::::::::::::

 

You woke up by a sudden feeling of being put underwater, drowning.  You burst up from your bed and coughed up the liquid that went down your nose. You couldn’t tell whether it was water, just yet. You gave a death glare at the guy you called, ‘oppa’ who held the empty bucket next to you as he munched on a chicken leg.

 

“WHAT THE HECK.” You screamed as you jumped off the bed and pounced on him. His eyes looked like a deer caught in the headlight as he plumaged backwards. Your upper body was soaked in water and your shirt clung on to your body.

 

You felt your brother squirm under you as you continuously hit him in the chest. You watch as he  dropped the empty bucket and also his chicken leg. He grabbed you by the waist and lifted you up with ease, throwing you off him. You landed on the floor while he stood up.

 

“Wow, never thought that I could lift you up again.” He nodded to himself feeling strong. He dusted the imaginary dust off his shoulder. You blew your fringe out of your eyes and grabbed the chicken leg and flicked it at his head.  He jerked away, but not enough to dodge it. “Ow, what the-“

 

“Can’t you be normal, oppa?!” You whined as you narrowed your eyebrows. “WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME? WHAT DID I DO?” You blood was boiling. You almost felt as if you were going to cry. You hated being teased.

 

“Oh come on _______” He said as he knelt down throwing a towel to you that was on the drawers beside you. You wrapped the around your body. “How else was I going to wake you up? You were sleeping the whole day!”

 

You tilted your head, confused. “No, I wasn’t.” You argued as you thought about your day with the EXO members and  Your brother nodded his head ferociously.

 

“Yes you did!” He said with certainty in his words. “You were mumbling, ‘I can’t believe I said that, I can’t believe I said that.’” He mimicked you with an intense girly high voice.

 

Was it just a dream? It can’t be just a dream.

 

You shook your head denying it. “No, you went out with your girlfriend the whole day.” You replied furrowing your eyebrows. He shook his head and pressed a smile.

 

“Nope, we cancelled because she had to babysit her baby cousin.” He clearly explained. I faked a teethy smile. “You were in bed the whoooole day! What a bum.”

 

“You mean me meeting Jongin was just a dream?” You asked yourself as you buried your face in the towel.

 

It was just a dream.

 

“You met Jongin?” Your brother asked as he ripped the towel away from you.

 

“No. Nevermind.” You said frustrated. “JUST LEAVE. You caused too much trouble already.” You snatched the towel back and rummaged through your luggage to find clothes to wear.

 

“I’m going to take a shower.” You said halfway through the doorway. You looked over to the wet bed covered in water. “I’m not cleaning that up. Didn’t you say you always wanted a water bed?”

 

With that, you left your brother with a smirk.

 

::::::::::::::::::::::

 

You came out of the bathroom with your hair wrapped around in your towel. You are dressed in a plain white loose shirt and some light sweatpants. You heard your brother laugh followed by two other voices as well. You walked over to the living room and find your brother laughing with Chanyeol and another guy.

 

Your brother spots you and stands up. Chanyeol and the other boy look over to you and stands up as well. “_______-ah!” Your brother said happily. “Look who came to visit you.” I smiled at them and bowed politely.

 

What in the world?

 

“Sorry I didn’t tell you sooner.” Chanyeol said as he smiled at you. You felt uncomfortable because you just changed into sweats and your hair is in a turban. “We were just stopping by because your apartment is on the way to our dorms.”

 

“Ah, jinja?” You replied as you reached to the top of your head taking off the towel even though it was still wet. “Did you guys wait long?” You asked concerned. Chanyeol waved his hands in front of his face.

“Aniya.” He said and pointed to your brother with his thumb. “Your brother gave us company.” The guy next to him nodded. Chanyeol looked at him, “Oh yeah! This is Baekhyun. He’s also from our group.” Baekhyun bowed at you and smiled along. You did the same.

 

“Chanyeol~” He said loud enough for you to hear “You never told me ______ was that pretty.” Chanyeol nudged him to stop talking. He laughed trying to cover up his own embarrassment as you tried harder to cover up yours.

 

“He’s funny, isn’t he funny ______-ah?” Chanyeol said.

 

You felt as if it was your dream all over again.

 

“Y-yeah.” You faked a laugh along with him. Your brother looked at you with a happy expression as he held on a piece of paper. “What’s that, oppa?” He held out the paper, showing you the signatures.

 

“Heh. I got their signatures, isn’t that cool?” Your brother said and turned to Chanyeol and Baekhyun. “You guys are welcome anytime to my apartment! Don’t hesitate to bring the rest of Exo!” Your brother left the room and enter the his bedroom, Leaving the three of us in an awkward state.

 

Baekhyun turned to you, “Would you like to meet the rest of Exo-K?” It was happening all over again. You nodded. You were going to be meeting Kim Jongin a second time. Now you know what to expect, right?

 

You all headed toward the door, you called out to your brother telling him that you were going down to the lobby. You closed the door before he was able to reply. You did not want your brother coming with you.

 

Chanyeol led the way just like your dream, but Baekhyun didn’t hold your arm like last time. You were much more thankful that you were comfortable but yet you wished that your heart was pacing with anxiousness.

 

You reached the lobby and you inhaled a big breath. The four of them still haven’t notice Chanyeol, Baekhyun and you step foot on the porcelain floor. Now, even if you’re doing this a second time, you still felt your heart patter just a little bit.

 

You walked up to where they were sitting, your eyes were only on Jongin who was looking at his mp3 alone.

 

“Jongin.” You spoke, four pair of eyes looked at you. He looked up from the mp3 player and took the earphone out of his right ear. He looked at you and smiled, bowing 90 degrees. You tilted your head in confusion. “Y-you remember me, don’t you?” You asked.

 

He smiled and nodded.

Okay good.

 

“You’re the fan that we met last year right? The one who presented me with a teddy bear, right?”

 

Your heart sank. 

 

You felt your stomach twist and turn. You bit your inner lip, hard. Tasting the blood, you knew that this wasn’t a dream.

It was a nightmare.

 

::::::::::::

A/N:

 

Sorry my lovely subscribers! I just had to do it! It wouldn’t be an interesting story if I didn’t! 

Woo! 20 subs! Thank you so much for subscribing. You guys are the best!

 

Why do you think Kim Jongin doesn't remember you?