It's been a while

Precious Memories

 

You sat down on the kitchen counter as you bit a bite out of an apple that was in your hand. Your brother was pacing back and forth in front of you, with hands on his hips; so typical of him to over-react over such simple mistake.

 

He stopped in front of you and turned his body facing directly to you. His face was heated and he was somewhat furious. “How can you eat an apple at a time like this?” He snatched the apple just as you were going for another bit. He  tossed it in the trashcan next to his feet. You gaped at him and sighed exasperatedly.

 

“What the heck.” You said angrily “I wasn’t even finished yet.” You crossed your arms and did not dare to look him in the eyes. He was being very crude.

 

“I wasn’t even finished yet.” He mimicked you in a high awful girl voice. “Gah, ______. Why would you go somewhere without even telling your oppa? Huh?”

 

“I forgot.” You said bluntly as you swayed your legs.  It was simple as that, you couldn’t help but feel guilty for your brother because he came home only to find his dongsaeng was  gone. “I’m sorry, It won’t happen again.”

 

He placed a hand on his heated forehead. “Man, if appa found out that you went missing…” He trailed on, imagining what would have happened. “I would be so dead.” He looked at you and noticed your slightly smeared eyeliner.

 

“Well it shouldn’t matter, I’m 18 and legal of-“

 

“Where did you go anyways? You had didn’t you?!” He growled. You widened your eyes and put your hands up in defense. What in the world? After all this time, you thought your brother knew you better than that.

 

“Aniya!” You screeched. “Oppa, what’s with you?” You pushed him just as you came down from the counter, stepping on his toes. He groaned as he jerked away from you. It was probably not the best time to make him more angry.

 

“Sorry.” You said and looked down. “I went to a concert.” You replied again remembering that he was asking you a question.

 

“Concert?” He looked at you confused. “I thought you didn’t know any Korean groups. How did you even snatch a ticket so fast?” You smiled at him and walked over to the couch, plopping your on the cushion.

 

“I met them when you were supposed to pick me up from the airport.” You said knowing that your brother would feel his frustration diminish any time soon. He walked over to you and sat down next to you.

 

“And they just randomly gave you tickets? What’s their group’s name?” Your brother asked curiously as he leaned his head against his hand on the head cushion looking at you. You put your feet on the table and crossed your legs.

 

“Ah,” You tried to remember their names. “Exo? I think.” You watched as your brother’s eyes widened with excitement. You looked at him weirdly as you scooted away from him. You find it disturbing how your brother is weird.

 

“Jinja? Daebaek! ” He said as jumped up “You’ve met them? I’ve been here for a year and I still haven’t met them.”  You nodded, not knowing what to say to him. There’s no way you would want your brother to met Exo with you.

 

“Crazy right?” You faked a giggle and you brought your knees to your chest. Then you remember the main dancer on stage. It can’t be Jongin-ah, can he be? You probably were hallucinating, plus you weren’t able to get a closer view.

 

::::::::::::

 

On the same day as the EXO concert you went to, Chanyeol called you, checking to see you got home alright. He told you that he stole your number from Suho’s phone. You laughed but secretly you were blushing because he was being so nice to you.

 

Chanyeol probably didn’t know that he made your day that night.

 

Days passed and you haven’t met Suho in a while, he told you through text that EXO has been very busy lately but he still wanted to introduce you to the rest of the group. You were anxious and excited at the same time. The meeting would clear up so many questions going through your head.

 

You were laying on the couch catching up with the Korean drama ,’Love Rain’ when suddenly there was  knock on the apartment door. Your brother was with his girlfriend again, so you knew that it wasn’t him. You got up from the couch and adjusted your shorts and  fixed your shirt. Your hair was in a high messy bun so you didn’t have to worry about your hair.

 

You opened the door to find Chanyeol smiling and waving at you, but a new figure was standing next to him. You greeted them with a bow. You were happy to see them, but surprised that they came to your apartment.

 

“Sorry I didn’t tell you we were coming to visit you.” Chanyeol said as he placed his hands in his pockets. He dressed casual in a white vneck underneath a blazer with jeans. The other guy was much shorter than Chanyeol, but indeed he was attractive as well. He was wear a gray jacket and a black vneck with dark jeans. When he smiled he displayed perfectly white teeth.

 

“Oh yeah,” He said again “This is Baekhyun. He’s also a part of EXO. Baekhyun this is ______” He pointed to you Baekhyun smiled with his teeth and bowed, you did the same.

 

“Ah, so this is the famous ______ you and Suho have been talking about lately.” He nodded approvingly as he looked up and down. “So much prettier in person than you describ-“

 

Chanyeol nudged him in the chest as he forced a chuckle, “You’re funny, isn’t he funny ______?”  I laughed and nodded.  “So actually we’re here because the rest of the members are actually downstairs. We were on our way home when I thought, ‘Hey, we don’t have anything to do, we should visit _____.’”

 

“Oh really? They are all here?” You forced a smile as your heart began to pound. You never really liked surprises, especially surprises that involved men that are extreme attractive and good looking. “You want me to meet all of you now, are you sure?”

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun nodded. “Ne! Ga-Ja!” Baekhyun pulled on your arm as Chanyeol led the way. You stopped in the middle of the hallway, Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at you, causing them to stop as well.

 

“Wait, am I okay dressed like this? Do I look okay?” You asked them as you stuck out your arms. You watched them as their eyes scanned your figure and your outfit. You were wearing shorts that were not too short, but an over the shoulder long sleeved shirt that clung to your body.

 

Baekhyun swallowed as he couldn’t rip his eyes away. Chanyeol cleared his throat before replying, “Y-yeah. You’re fine.” You blushed, making you squirm under their eyes. You walked passed them, hoping that they didn’t noticed your burning face.

 

You shouldn’t ask a guy for an honest opinion.

 

As you go downstairs followed by Chanyeol and Baekhyun behind you, you turned around and they stopped in their tracks, Baekhyun bumped into Chanyeol who stopped first. They look up at you. You were kind of anxious now, more like nervous. You gave them a weak smile as Chanyeol shooed you to go forward.

 

You can hear the chatter in the lobby caused by the Exo members. Your heart was pounding, you didn’t know why you were so nervous. Maybe it was the fact that you might know that you’re going to see the face of your childhood best friend. Or the fact that it was too good to be true.

 

It felt as if things were going in slow motion, from the time you stepped on the stairs to right now, were you landed on the lobby of the apartment. You glanced around the lobby and see the familiar face of Suho, Kyungsoo, and Sehun. They haven’t noticed you yet. Your eyes darted at the only other guy that you haven’t met. That black hair, lightly toned skin, and the full lips.

 

You knew exactly who he was,

 

 

Kim Jongin.

 

 

You walked closer to them, only keeping your eyes set on Jongin who looking down at his mp3 player, one earphone on his right ear. Just like before. As if it were in movies, you blocked out all the sound in your head and blurred the images around you. Only focusing on Jongin.

 

You swallowed as you got closer to the couch, with every step you feel as if you were getting weaker and weaker. Your heart was pounding. Still no one was noticing you, they still had their side conversations.

 

Then you finally decide to speak. Although you weren’t as ready as you hoped in meeting your best friend like this.

 

“It’s been a while,” You said and the side conversations stopped. “Kim Jongin.”

 

He took the earphone out of his ear and looked up without a slightest bit of emotion. He stood up and strides his way towards you. You were just inches away from him. Up close, he was everything you imagined and more.

 

No one has spoken and that made you believe that they all could hear how fast your heart was pounding. Chanyeol and Baekhyun stopped the chatter once they reached the lobby and looked at the both of you.

 

“Y-you remember me?” You asked, shaken. “Right? You couldn’t have forgotten about me.” He smirked at you, that infamous smirk that always got you in trouble.

 

He nodded and smiles, “How could I forget my first fan?”

 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A/N:

WHOOP, WHOOP! How’s that for an update? Huh? Huh? Yay. The reconnection of your best friend!

 

Thanks for the new subscribers! I love you guys and for the few people commenting. Kekeke. ^.^