What A First Day

Purple-Green Love

 

HYOSUNG's POV:

I found myself standing on a road, surrounded by giant trees with pink leaves. I looked around the place, different brand new cars going in the same direction. I walked along the pathway and found a giant gate infront of me. It's so big that I can't even see the school building from the outside. How did I ever get into this situation? I came from a poor famly and here I am, transferring into a super elite school. Well, I practically had no choice, my umma who left us when I was only two years old enrolled me here. She said that even though she's not with us anymore, she still wants to support me in my studies. I don't see why she insisted on this school but I decided to give her a chance, she is my umma afterall. As I scanned the place, I noticed a girl in a cute pigtail having some difficulties with tying her shoes, I can't blame her, her arms were all packed with so many stuff. I ran to her and bent down.

"I'll tie your shoes for you" I said

"O-oh. Kamsamnida" she replied

I stood up after tying her shoes and grinned "You're welcome"

She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me "I've never seen you before. You are?"

"I'm Hyosung, a senior. I'm a transferee from Ginji School" I smiled

"Ginji School.? Isn't that a school for------"

"Poor students? It is" I interrupted

She shook her head and laughed "I was gonna say 'for well-mannered & smart students'"

I laughed along with her "I think I'm good with the 'well-mannered' part. I'm not that smart actually"

She stared at me and extended her hand "I'm IU by the way, a sophomore. Nice to meet you"

I smiled and shook her hand "Nice to meet you too. Wait, your IU.?! The daughter of the top entrepreneur's in Korea.?!"

"Is it that obvious.?" she asked

"No. I didn't even know it was you when I first saw you. I thought you're like those who arrive in school with their expensive cars, I can hardly see anyone coming infront of the school gate walking" I admitted

"I'm different from them. I like walking" she smiled "We should probably go inside. The bell will ring any minute"

"Ooohh. Let me help you with those" I said as I grabbed some toy plushies from her

"Kamsamida" she smiled

I smiled back and walked with her, entering the school gate. My jaw literally dropped when I saw how big the school was. It was beyond my imagination. I mean, I've always seen the school from different magazines but I never thought that it was so much better.

IU waved at the student's greeting her and glanced at me "You like the school.?"

I slowly closed my mouth and gulped "You call this a school? It's like a mansion. This is just like Hogwarts in Harry Potter.!"

"So you watch those kind of movies?" she giggled

"Naahh. Not really, I don't have the money. I just saw a poster of it outside the mall when I was handing out flyers in a restaurant I was working for. I don't have the time to watch those things, I need to help my appa earn a living" I smiled

She stared at me for a moment as we walked "I like you unnie"

Before I could answer her, a girl in a long hair called her from behind. We both turned around to see who it was. My gosh.! It was Song Jieun, it was like a Goddess fell down from the sky. She was so beautiful, from head to toe. She walked towards us and waved "Good morning"

IU smiled and greeted her "Good morning unnie. This is Hyosung unnie by the way"

I quickly bowed my head "A-annyeonghaseyo. I'm Jun Hyosung, a senior transferee"

"I'm Jiuen. Oh so you're like me.? What class are you in.?" she asked

I grabbed the blue paper form in my pocket and handed it to her "U-uuh. Here it is Jieun-ssi. I don't quite know how to read that, it's kinda confusing"

She silenty read the paper and slowly grinned "Omo.! We have the same class together.! I'm looking forward to being with you"

IU puffed her cheeks and took the plushies away from me "Just stick with Jieun unnie and you'll have no problem regarding the school. I better go ahead, I still have to bring these to my oppa. Crazy fangirls again. Annyeong unnie's"

"Come. Let's go inside" Jieun said

I nodded my head and followed her lead, every student's whispering and murmuring to each other as we walk past them. They must think that I'm crazy for hanging around with Song Jieun, the most popular girl in school. I feel like I'm dreaming. I gently patted her shoulder and mumbled "Jieun-ssi, are you sure it's okay for me to be around you? If you have some place to be with, you can just leave me here"

She shook her head and giggled "What are you talking about? You don't have to worry about me. Just call me Jieun, I'll be your new friend"

"I'm not rich like any other of your friends. You don't have to. Maybe I can find someone who I can level with"

She held my hand and smiled "So? I don't mind that at all. Let's be friends okay?"

"Friends it is" Aaaww. Isn't she so kind? First day of school and I already have 2 friends, couldn't this day get any better?

 

 

~~~~~~~

DAEHYUN's POV:

I walked around the school hallway with my friends trailing behind me. Girls coming their way, greeting and giving me such useless gifts. Seriously.! I don't like them, they are so clumsy, selfish and arrogant. How could there be such people here on earth? I've never hated girls before until what had happened 9 years ago, she was like the worst girl I've ever met and from that day on, I cursed myself to never get close to them. As I turned to my right, I saw my little sister running towards us.

"Oppa.! Oppa.! Oppa.!" she called

"What?" I asked

She panted and slowly handed me a bunch of crappy stuff "For you. They just don't stop"

I yanked the plushies away from me and stared at her "How many times do I have to tell you to never do this?! Will you ever listen to me or not.?! Throw them away.!"

"It's not my fault if they like you so much.! Plus, it's really a waste if I throw them out" she pouted

I scratched my head and groaned in annoyance. When will these girls ever stop? I quickly grabbed the plushies away from her and threw it outside the window, all at once

IU gasped and looked outside "Oppa.! Why'd you do that?!"

"You said it would be a waste if YOU throw them out. So I threw it myself" I replied

My friend Youngjae chuckled and nudged IU "Aren't you used to that already, IU.? He practically throws everything. Just let your oppa be your oppa"

IU sighed and laughed "Do I have any choice.? I should go, I'll see you guys at home"

After she left, I went inside the classroom and bumped into someone, making her/him fall in the ground. I dusted off my jacket and glared down at her/him "Watch where you're going.!"

Jieun helped her up and looked at her "Are you alright, Hyosung.?"

"Yes I'm fine". She turned her head at me and bowed down "I'm so sorry about that"

"Why are you such a clutz.?!" I spat

She bit her bottom lip and furrowed her eyebrows together "I said I was sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you.!"

I laughed bitterly at her remarks "Oh so now you're the who's angry.?! YOU were the one who bumped me. Are you an idiot or what.?!"

"Hey, I am not an idiot and you're a JERK.!" she stated angrily

I quickly took a step closer to her and glared into her eyes "What did you just say.? Do you know who I am.?"

Jieun grabbed her away and stood infront of us "Daehyun, stop it. It's her first day in school"

I rolled my eyes and smirked "Like I care. What kind of company does your family own.? I bet my family can just buy them off"

"Daehyun-ah. Stop that. You're crossing the line" Yongguk said

I glanced at Yongguk from behind and walked past the idiot girl "Next time, if you don't have anything better else to say, keep your mouth shut and stay far far far away"

 

 

 

~~~~~~~

"Keep your mouth shut and stay far far far away". Those words were playing over and over again on Hyosung's head, her perfect first day was ruined by some jerk she just accidentally met. "What a jerk.! A real jerk.!" she yelled, her voice echoing through the ladies restroom

Jieun rubbed her back and looked at her through the mirror "I'm sorry about that. Daehyun doesn't really get along well with girls"

"I can see that" she scoffed. "Guys like him are the reason why I don't trust men"

"If you get to know him, he's not really bad. He's really a sweet guy, especially to IU and his umma" Jieun said

She narrowed her eyebrows and glanced at Jieun "What does IU have to do with him.?"

Jieun chuckled "Don't you recognize his face.? He's the cover of Monthly Magazine from April to October, he's Jung Daehyun, IU's big brother"

"What.?! That was Jung Daehyun.?! He's IU's oppa and he's the opposite of her.?! I can't believe they're siblings.!" she exclaimed surprisingly

"Yeah. Alot of people say that but when you get to know him much much deeper, you'll like Daehyun" Jieun smiled

She shook my head in a disgusted face "I promise you Jieun-ah, I'll never ever like that guy. I swear with all my heart and soul, never.!"

 

 

 

Swearing with unfinished words/sentence. Will Hyosung be able to keep up with her words of wisdom.?