all because of a...ramen egg?

just shut up and BE MINE you MONSTER!!!

One week has passed by and without fail, Jiyong would report to Chaerin’s ward every morning. Although Chaerin has been recovering well, everyone insisted that she stayed a little longer, not only in consideration of her injuries but also the fact that she is being taken care of in the hospital.

Of course Bom had her own take of keeping Chaerin in the hospital, knowing that no matter where she hid Chaerin, Jiyong would definitely find her and insist to accompany her. Keeping Chaerin in the hospital is a way to ensure that Jiyong wouldn’t be able to hurt Chaerin again despite them being alone together. After all nurses and doctors drop by regularly to check on Chaerin and at the same time Chaerin’s ward was situated close to the nurse desk; if something was to happen to her just a little scream can bring attention to the ward.

Chaerin’s amnesia act has been going quite smoothly but as days pass, she started to get more and more nervous. It was as if she was handling a time bomb, not knowing when it would explode, whereby in her case, when would Jiyong finally realise that she was acting and expose her.

With that, she is well prepared for when Jiyong finds out that she was lying to him. She had everything planned out nicely to handle the aftermath, and these plans have been conveyed to the girls. However despite a fail proof plan B, she was still afraid. What if there was a loophole and her plan backfires? Would Jiyong cause more hurt to her?

Analysing the various possibilities, Chaerin realised that there were more negatives then positives and there were many times she wanted to just give up the plan. It was mentally too tiring for her to handle at the moment. However at the same time she knew that this was the only way out.

On top of that, Bom was the one who is currently all in for her plans. She couldn’t blame Minzy and Dara at all for not cooperating. After all they have their own life and it would be too demanding for Chaerin to force them to give it up and join her. It would be too selfish of her to treat her sisters like that.

She knew her time was soon up, and within these two days she was going to get busted. This made her even more nervous whenever she is alone with Jiyong. Of course she knew very well that if Jiyong was to know she was hiding something from him was from her nervousness being around him but she couldn’t help it. All she’s hoping for right now is for Jiyong to only find out about her act after she is being discharged. Two days the most was all she need.

“Hunchae is something wrong?” Jiyong jolted the worried girl out of her thoughts.

“Oh oppa you’re here?”

‘Don’t be nervous Lee Chaerin. Just act normal. It has been a week since you’ve been hiding this from him and it has been going well. He wouldn’t find out.’ Chaerin recited constantly to herself trying to compose herself but apparently it wasn’t working.

“Something’s definitely bothering you. Tell me what’s wrong.” Jiyong said as he said on the side of the bed, holding Chaerin’s hands in his as he looks at her straight in the eyes.

“It’s really nothing oppa.” Chaerin replied with a sigh she thought Jiyong didn’t catch but did.

“You’re sighing.”

“Trust me oppa it’s really nothing.”

“The Chaerin I know of doesn’t keep things from me.” Jiyong said with a sad face that tugs Chaerin’s heartstrings.

‘Lee Chaerin think! He’s not going to let you off so easily so think! Maybe I should just tell him the truth?’ Chaerin said to herself but this thought of hers immediately die down when she look up to see Jiyong in the face. There were tons of things she wanted to tell him but whenever she see’s the sincere face of her love, seems locked up.

“Oppa, what would you do if I recover those memories that I lost?” She asked, trying to get a glimpse of Jiyong’s reaction first before deciding if she should just tell him the truth.

“Do you remember something Chaerin?” Jiyong asked with expectations but earned a shake of the head by Chaerin. “Well to be honest I don’t think anything would change from where we are now, be it if you’ve remembered our past or forever not going to. Of course it would be more work for me to make you mine again if you don’t remember a thing but I’m confident that no matter what you would be the one in white walking down the aisle with me in the end.” He said with a bright smile.

“Is confidence your middle name?” Chaerin joked making Jiyong chuckle at his lover’s cuteness as he pats her head.

“I don’t know about other stuffs but when it comes to you, I’m always confident. I have faith in the both of us.”

Not knowing what is going through her mind, upon noticing that Jiyong was standing within reach beside her bed, she extend her arms and wrap Jiyong’s thin waist in her embrace, burying her face against his stomach and took in the scent of his perfume off his shirt. Seeing this, Jiyong smiled so wide as he Chaerin’s hair before taking a seat on her bed while Chaerin’s arm shifted up to wrap around his neck, her face in his chest.

“Aigoo why is our Hunchae so cute today?” He asked with a fatherly accent making Chaerin bury her face even closer against his body. “Are you sure there’s nothing bothering our baby Chae today?”

“Can I be discharged today?” Chaerin lifted her head and asked.

“We’ll check with the nurse later when she comes in?” Jiyong asked making Chaerin nod before she tighten her arms around Jiyong, this time with Jiyong returning the hug as the both of them just rest quietly on the bed and the forgotten breakfast resting on the table.

Jiyong returned to the ward later that night to join Chaerin for dinner since she was still required to stay in at least for one more day as there were outstanding lab test results that would be out only the next day. Also the girls dropped by in the afternoon hence Jiyong just decided to take the time in between to top up on the missing hours of sleep he lost due to the early morning visits he made to the hospital. Not wanting to tire him out since he had already made breakfast, Chaerin insist for him to just take away food for dinner before he drops by the ward.

“Miss you so much my baby.” Jiyong exclaimed while giving Chaerin a huge hug after he set the food he got down on the table.

“Aigoo oppa you have only been away for a few hours.” Chaerin giggled.

“Still it feels so long to me.” He said before stealing a peck on Chaerin’s chubby cheeks.

“What did you got for dinner oppa?” Chaerin asked excited now that the whole room smell so good because of the food.

“Your favourites” Jiyong said as he brought out the food from the plastic bag.

“Japanese Ramen? They do take-outs now?!!” Chaerin was so closed to drooling with wide open as she stares at Jiyong. All Jiyong did was to laugh at her before he politely close her jaw for her.

Everyone knew Chaerin’s past that was linked to her liking Japanese Ramen. Since her father was doing business that requires him to travel around the world, Chaerin spent a few years in Japan back when she was in kindergarten before moving to France, and then back to Korea alone when her relationship with her father turned sour to join YG High.

“You should thank me for that.” Jiyong said smugly making Chaerin turn her attention from those noodles to him. “Yah and you believe that? Who do you think I am? Of course there are places that does take-outs.” Jiyong chuckled.

“Well you are Jiyong oppa. There’s many thing you can do.”

“Have it while it’s hot. I even got them to separate the noodles from the soup so that the noodles doesn’t swell.” He said as he took off the lids of two containers, one containing the noodles and various ingredients while the other contains the soup. “Want me to pour them into the noodles?” he asked and when Chaerin nodded, Jiyong top the soup on the noodles before putting away the container and did his up.

“Where is this from oppa?” Chaerin asked after having a spoonful of soup as she got the container up to see the name of the shop.

“It’s from a shop that Seungri introduced to me. Is it nice? If it is I’ll bring you there when you get out of here. If not, that maknae would be in trouble.”

“It’s really nice oppa. Here give it a try.” Chaerin said with a smile as she lifted her soup-filled spoon up to Jiyong’s lips.

“Glad that you like it.” He said as he ruffles her hair after tasting the soup offered to him by Chaerin.

“Is something wrong oppa?” the girl asked when she felt Jiyong’s eyes on her.

“Chaerin ah~ by any chance?” Jiyong left his question hanging.

“Oppa what’s wrong?”

“By any chance do you remember something?” Jiyong asked for the second time today.

Turns out, Chaerin had subconsciously swop the egg in Jiyong’s bowl with hers. Although it might not seem as a big deal but apart from the Kwon Family, only Youngbae and Chaerin knew that Jiyong loves his ramen egg yolk runny and is very obsessed about it as he sees the egg as the essence of every bowl of ramen. His obsession on ramen eggs could lead to a whole day of nagging on how restaurants should just close down if they can’t even make a good ‘lava’ egg if his mood was a little better and when he’s really down, he would even threaten to buy over the restaurant just to close it down. Therefore to prevent such an ugly scene from happening, whenever they are having ramen with Jiyong and the yolks of the eggs in their bowl are runnier, they would offer to change it with Jiyong and let him nag a little here and there rather than having him cause a scene.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She cursed herself mentally upon realization and wished that she could turn back time. How could she make such a mistake after being so careful for the past week? If it was a small mistake she could have easily dealt with it but right now she’s totally lost. Because this was something not even Jiyong’s favourite maknae Seungri knew, well since Jiyong always end up stealing Seungri’s egg from his bowl without needing an approval from Seungri and all the maknae could do was whine about it, but only Chaerin and Youngbae would voluntary swop eggs with him, it was hard for Chaerin to keep up with her amnesia act for it wasn’t something she could make up with like she hates runny eggs that’s why she swopped them since she didn’t asked Jiyong if she could. Or maybe she could use this excuse but she’s sure that Jiyong would still sense something.

“N-not really? Why oppa?” She asked trying to keep calm and hope that her eyes, her tone and any other mode of body communication would not betray her.

“Is something wrong with the eggs? Why did you swop yours with mine?” Jiyong asked and Chaerin could see that although he’s taken aback but there was a part of him that seems to already see through her tactics.

“Because yours look more delicious?”

“Really?”

“Mmmm~ why I can’t have it?” Chaerin asked carefully with a slight dose of aegyo, hoping that he would just drop it.

“Chaerin” He said as he look serious and deep into my eyes while he held my right wrist in his hand, almost squeezing it.

“N-neh?”

“You remember don’t you?”