Strawberry Pancakes

just shut up and BE MINE you MONSTER!!!

 

“Morning Chaerin~ How’s your day today?” Jiyong oppa asked as he enters the hospital with two bags of food that he settled down on the table.

Honestly speaking this was not how I have expected it to be; yet somehow I was expecting it. Hard to understand isn’t it? Cause I’m so damn confuse right now myself as well. I was expecting Jiyong oppa to disappear for a few days while trying to digest the ‘fact’ that I had ‘amnesia’ over him but that didn’t happen. Not long after Bommie unnie exposed my amnesia act, we heard him talking outside to Daesung and Seungri outside the ward, soon after Daesung came in as a representative to seek Bommie unnie’s approval to allow Jiyong oppa to enter. However Bommie unnie being Bommie unnie never allowed this to happen. 

And that was it! He just left! I was totally expecting him to make a huge fuss trying to barge into the ward knowing his temper and all but he just left! Quietly! At that moment I was really disappointed and sad. I don’t know why I felt like I was a cat being abandoned by my owner but all I could blame was myself. I was, after all, the one who was trying to push him away.

But when I was all dejected and grieving that our “love” was gone, he appeared early in the morning like 7am beside my bed. Due to all the medications that I was having, as well as the early timing, I was still asleep until I felt someone caressing my cheeks. Upon noticing him, I was first caught off guard, which resulted to us engaging in a staring contest while I try to register that fact that he is here before greeting him a good morning.

“Sorry for visiting and waking you up so early.” He said as he helped me up to sit.

“What brings you here early in the morning Jiyong-ssi?” I asked, trying to remind him and myself of my ‘amnesia’.

“I couldn’t get to see you last night cause of Bom noona so I thought that the only time I could come visit you is at this time when everyone is preparing for school.” And that was when I noticed that he too was in uniform.

Last night I assured unnie that I would be fine and told her that they shouldn’t skip anymore classes after all the classes they missed because of Minzy and I. Therefore after ensuring that I was asleep last night, everyone left the hospital and if Bommie unnie listened to me and tentatively took up the role of a leader, she Dara and the boys should be preparing for classes right now. 

“You’re a student at YG High too?”

“We met in YG High for the first time.”

“Oh really?” My voice drifted off as I remember how we first met.

“Right I know it’s early but do you mind having breakfast with me?” He asked with a gummy smile and in a rather formal tone just like how he would talk to me when we were still getting to know one another back then which unfortunately disappeared, or rather change when I officially became his girlfriend. His gummy smile served as a warning that I did something wrong and to expect punishment while his formal tone reminds me that he is dominant between us.

“Don’t you have class?” I asked as he brought out two lunchbox from his bag and placed one in front of me before settling opposite of me on the bed so that we were eating facing one another.

“Classes starts at 8:30am remember?” He smiled before opening the lid of the lunchboxes.

“Thank you.”

“Eat up.” He said as he pass me a set of cutlery and seeing that he wants me to take the first bite, I politely got a piece of pancake and with one hand politely covering my mouth, I send the pancake into my mouth.

While savouring the piece of pancake, I tried really hard to stop myself from crying. How I wish we could go back in the days, when he used to sweet talk me all the time, treat me like a Princess, and did things just to make me happy. One of the things that I wish came back to me were these pancakes.

I knew from the moment when I saw what was in the lunchbox that it’s only a matter of time I break down in front of him and confess that my amnesia was a lie and it has only been a day! Nowhere in Korea do they sell strawberry pancakes the way Jiyong oppa made them. Especially with that special strawberry whipped cream over wholemeal pancakes accompanied with fresh whole strawberries on top, which Jiyong oppa claimed was done all in consideration of me with choosing wholemeal so that it would be last sinful for a girl like me to enjoy without thinking much of gaining weight and using my obsession of strawberries in whipped cream so that not only does the sourness take away the oiliness of the cream and at the same time bring in some flavour.

I always had my suspicions back in the days when he claimed that he was the chef behind it, knowing that he’s, well a guy and being born with a golden spoon (silver is just too underestimating for Jiyong oppa), that it could probably be made by his chef or maid, or even from some restaurant all the way in Italy and claim that he made it until I first went to his personal crib when I noticed that he was living alone with no maids, butlers or even chef. The fact that he could cook and him wanting to be independent was what really drew me to him even up till now.

However just like how his sweet talks disappear along a gust of wind, these strawberry pancakes never appeared in my life again after we got together. Unlike other couples, our honeymoon period was when he was wooing me, and the moment I was his, hell started. You would expect him to make these pancakes for me after punishing the hell out of me the next morning but the best he could do was to bring me to my favourite dessert shop for some strawberry desserts. So now you know why I was brought to tears seeing them appearing again, partly because I miss the sweet Jiyong I used to know but on the other hand I was worried that this was all the ‘getting to know you’ phase and soon if I were to ‘recover’ from my amnesia or even if we start again new like I’ve really lost my memories that all of this would just be paid back with abuse again.

“How is it?” He asked as I swallowed my tears along with the pancakes.

“It’s really nice~” I tried to sound happy and I’m glad I was convincing enough that he started smiling so wide and look so proud.

“I made it specially for you strawberry princess.” Ok now he’s totally using the exact same sentence he said to me when I first had them.

“How did you know I love strawberries? And did you really made it yourself?”

“It’s amazing. Really amazing” He said making me look up at him.

“Neh?”

“You said the exact same thing when you first had them.”

“Really? Although it seems like a familiar taste but I’m quite sure this is the first time I had them. Unless you’re just trying to impress me with something you get from outside.” I tried to joke.

“Why are you so cute?” He asked while patting my head. “I knew you wouldn’t believe me. Just like how you didn’t believe me until I brought you to my pad back then. Do I have the honours to impart this recipe to you when you are feeling better?”

“We’ll see.” I said, reminding myself that we’re nothing but mere ‘strangers’ right now.

“I hope I’m not taking things too fast but I wish you could understand me a little more knowing that you used to be someone really important to me. It’s still a harsh fact to me knowing that what we’ve built up over the years had disappeared in a night. I apologize and seek for your forgiveness if I were to get impatient or frustrated during this period in advance.”

“I understand. And I’m sorry. For not remembering you. I’ll try I promise. I’ll try really hard to remember you again…if it makes you happy.” I said, with the last part coming out as a whisper but I knew he heard me.

“Don’t be too hard on yourself. Maybe its God’s will for you to forget me and our past.”

“Why would you say that? Has it got something to do with Bommie unnie hating you?”

“I’ll just take it as God’s chance for me to change for the better and make it up for you.” He said with smile. “Don’t worry if you can’t remember about us. It’s better that way too.” Before I could say anything, he started to pack up his lunchbox with the pancakes roughly eaten and got up with his bag.

“Jiyong-ssi aren’t you going to finish your breakfast? Where are you going” I asked.

“It’s almost time for school.” He said making me notice that it is already 8am.

“Jiyong-ssi~” I called out worriedly as I reach out for his wrist, making him turn back to face me.

“I’ll be back tomorrow morning. The rest would be visiting after school so I doubt even if I’m here I would get to see you. Rest well while I’m gone?” He mentioned.

When he sees that the worry in my eyes wasn’t going away, he gave me a smile before leaning in to kiss lightly on my forehead and honestly speaking my heart beat as fast as when we had our first kiss.

“I’ll have the pancakes in school I promise?” and when he was patting my head with a smile, I realized that I’ve let my walls down and he knew I was worried because of the fact that he didn’t finish breakfast up.

“If anything happens or if there’s anything you need just tell me and I’ll be here in a flash alright? And don’t worry the doctors and nurses wouldn’t bite so don’t be afraid neh?” He asked and I swear he is already sensing something and this was asked to test me.

“I…I’m not afraid of hospitals.” Great Lee Chaerin what’s with the stutter?

“You’re stuttering. ” He said with his palms caressing my cheeks and I knew this was it. He knows I’m lying! “And you still say you aren’t afraid. Like I say, there’s nothing to be afraid about. But if you’re really that scared I can stay if you want.” Was I reading too much into the situation? Or is the guilt of lying to him making me think that I’m going to get exposed anytime.

“It’s alright Jiyong-ssi you should go to school. I will be fine.”

“Really?”

“I will be fine.” This time I said looking up at him with a smile.

“Alright then. Enjoy the pancakes and your rest of the day.”  He said, giving me a kiss on my forehead and patted my head again before leaving the room.

“Chaerinnie?” Jiyong oppa wave his hand in front of my eyes making me knock out of my really long flashback on the first morning. I’ve been awake for 4 days and every morning he would come visit me without fail with breakfast.

“Oh good morning Jiyong-ssi” I greeted him with a smile. I was so used to his morning visits that I wake up everyday naturally without any alarms 5 minutes before Jiyong oppa enters the room.

“Is something wrong?” he asked as he sits on the bed and caressed my cheeks.


I'm back!!! 

As I have been away for too long and have too much to say, instead of writing them here I have actually wrote up a blog post so I hope you guys would read it here: 

"Author's note 2013: To those who have been anticipating my comeback~"

 This blog post features why I was away for 5 months, what is happening right now to my two main stories "2 years...will love...change" as well as "just shut up and BE MINE you MONSTER", a little teaser in regards to my incomplete stories "It was all a plan" and "In love there is no impossibilities" for those who have subsribed to them as well and waiting for me to update, as well as a new way of replying your comments~ Would be much appreciated if you guys could read till the end so that you wouldn't be lost :P

As mentioned in the blog post I would be replying to comments individually starting from comments made since my last update on March 26th. Please give me some time to reply to all of them but at the same time do give me your comments for this chapter as well ^^ Would reply and acknowledge each and every single comment made previously first and when I'm done I would reply to latest comments so do continue to comment!

Love,

GDbong