Affogato

just shut up and BE MINE you MONSTER!!!

Annyeong!!!

Before you guys proceed to the chapter I have many many many things to say!

Firstly I’m really sorry for not fulfilling my promise ><

I mentioned that I was going to update on Friday or Saturday since I was having my off days on those two days. However I was busy with the presentation that I had to hand in on Friday and presenting on Saturday, along with a bi-weekly journal that I failed to do so. I apologize to all of my readers who have been waiting patiently for my updates.

HOWEVER~

I’m now back at the airport!!! At first I thought I was going to be working permanently till the end of my internship at the hotel but I was wrong for I was only attached there for 2 weeks!!! You guys have no idea how happy I am back here now for it was like hell back at the hotel! Boring and having to stand for 10/ 12 hours! Now that I’m back at the airport, I would try to pick up my pace to bring you guys daily updates but do give me maybe one week to get that speed back for I’m already running low on the chapters I have saved :P I might bring you guys one update in 2/ 3 days but once I have enough chapters written and saved in my “bank” (who knows if I am inspired and can write 3 or more chapters today) then I would start to publish one chapter a day!

Lastly thanks for being so patient with me and it has been almost 2 weeks since I’ve written anything for my stories (p/s: this chapter and a couple after this are written almost 3 weeks ago that I saved in my hard disk) so once again I seek for your patience for me to get back on track with what I have written ^^

I promise that I would write better stories and not disappoint all of you who have been waiting for so long :D

Love,

GDbong


“Yah what were you girls thinking setting Dara up on a date when all the while you all have been the ones who are setting Youngbae up with her?!!” Seunghyun asked making the girls giggle.

When school ended that day, Youngbae gave everyone an excuse saying that his parents needed him back home tonight for dinner and he left for the day but everyone knew he was going to be stalking Dara and Minho on their date. That leaves with the rest of them gathering at the car park since they weren’t in a hurry to follow them as Dara would be updating them real time. The girls just giggled at the boys who were clueless over the plan that Chaerin thought of that night.

-Flashback-

“Make him jealous.” Chaerin said.

“Eh?” Bom asked making Chaerin smile as an idea lead up in her head. She gathered her members in a circle and made her idea known to them.

“Jealousy can be a really big push factor.” Chaerin mentioned.

“You mean the only way to get Youngbae to confess now is to make him jealous?” Bom asked making Chaerin nod.

“He’s too much of a dull person so we can’t just let it simply be Darong flirting with some other guys.” Chaerin said as she held her chin with her thumb and it with the sides of her index finger.

“Pudong ah I don’t think it’s a good idea.” Dara said but everyone was ignoring her words.

“Why not getting someone to act as Dara unnie’s boyfriend?” Minzy asked?

“That sounds like a good idea.” Bom said.

“Girls--” Dara tried to get their attention but no one was willing to listen to her.

“How about we get Dara unnie to the club and make her strip dance to that guy?” Chaerin asked.

“NO WAY AM I GOING TO DO THAT!!!” Dara exclaimed making the girls finally take notice of her and laugh their lungs out.

“Chill out! We’ll never let you do that unnie!” Chaerin said.

-Back to real time-

“So that Minho guy is someone you all found?” Jiyong asked making Chaerin shake her head.

“He was just some passerby who unknowingly volunteered to our project.” Chaerin said making Jiyong pinch her nose, making the girl scrunch her face while he giggled.

“You girls and your tactics.” He said while Chaerin just smile back at him.

“Even if unnie really is into him, that wouldn’t be a bad idea too don’t you all think so? Minho-ssi seems to be a good boyfriend material for unnie.” Minzy said.

“Whatever it is, seems like your plan is already working.” Daesung said and that made the girls nod.

“So are we going to stalk them or are we going to have some fun out?” Seungri asked.

“Oppa you want to have fun again? We’ve been out for three days already. Don’t you have any homework to do? The last thing I remember we have maths homework.” Minzy said since she, Daesung and Seungri had the same maths class.

“Homework? What’s that?” Seungri ask innocently.

“Minzy ah don’t you remember that homework is not in this sloth’s dictionary?” Seunghyun asked.

“Ah how can I forget that?” Minzy exclaimed. “Well if you’re not doing your homework oppa I have tons to complete tonight. Leave me out of any plans.”

“Chaerin and I have our assignments as well.” Jiyong mentioned, referring to their homework given during fashion classes.

“Shall we go to the library then? I need to read up on Baroque while Tabi needs some Shakespeare.” Bom suggested.

“I’m fine with it.” Daesung said while Minzy nodded.

“We could use some quiet time too.” Jiyong said as he held onto Chaerin’s hand while the other free hand was carrying Chaerin’s book for her.

“Does that means I have to go too? You guys know how much I hate that place!” Seungri commented.

“No one’s asking you to come along Ri. You drive your own car, you decide where to go. Just don’t go do something bad out there while we’re not there with you.” Jiyong said.

“But it’s still early!!! Where can I go?” Seungri ask desperately.

“Go play snooker? You have your own room don’t you?” Daesung suggested.

“B-but…” Seungri stuttered while everyone decided to make their way to their respective transport.

“Have fun Ri~” Seunghyun said but before they could get into their car the heard the maknae shout.

“Ahrasso ahrasso I’ll come with you guys but I’m not going to do whatever you guys call that!” He said as he head to his car.

“It’s called homework oppa~ You should try it one day. It’s a really fun thing to do!” Minzy told him.

“If it’s fun you guys wouldn’t be frowning all the time so don’t fake me on that Minzy.” He said back making everyone laugh.

-On the other hand-

School ended 30 minutes ago but Dara was still in class. She didn’t know what to do, she knew Minho is waiting for her according to the girls but she wasn’t ready. What if the guy is a psychopath? What if he’s going to her? Worst scenarios kept emerging in her mind and it wasn’t helping her at all. However she thought that there was no use hiding and that maybe Minho wasn’t whatever she thought of him as. Besides it isn’t a bad idea to get to know another person isn’t it? She stood up from her table; straighten her uniform before she decides to go meet Minho.

“M-minho-ssi~” She called out softly, poking his back lightly and it was only now did she notice how tall this guy was. Definitely taller than Seunghyun, who was the tallest of them all and somehow he felt intimidating to her for she was standing only at 162cm, 20cm shorter than the guy.

“Oh Dara-ssi annyeonghaesaeyo~” He greeted shyly and it kind of took Dara back. Where was the confident guy that confessed earlier without hesitation?

“Sorry to keep you waiting. I…I just…”

“Ah it’s alright. I know this is really abrupt and your friends might have put you through all this…”

“Aniyo Minho-ssi don’t get me wrong! I wasn’t forced…okay maybe I was but…let’s just hang out alright?” Dara said making the tall male nod.

“How about we get to know one another first? I mean other than your name there isn’t anything I know much about you.” Minho said.

“Do you drive?” Dara asked.

“I do but I don’t have my car with me today since I live near.” He said making Dara smile.

“It’s alright. You can drive mine. I know of a café nearby and maybe we can get to know one another more there?” She asked making Minho nod.

“Nice car you have.” Minho commented when he saw Dara’s car upon arriving at the school car park.

“Really? Everyone who sees it says that it isn’t something that I would drive. You know…judging my size?”

“Mini cooper?” He said and when he saw Dara’s face stiffen, telling him that his guess was right, he laughed, making the girl laugh as well.

“You’re right. Anything but a Range Rover. What about you? What car do you drive?” She asked.

“Mercedes.”

“Mercedes?” Dara asked, just to make sure.

“Yeah. Why?” He asked.

“A-ah it’s nothing Minho-ssi. Just that one of the boys drives Mercedes too. You know Youngbae?” Dara asked making him nod.

“So that means I don’t have a bad taste do I?” He said, giving her a smile and Dara was relieved that Minho didn’t see anything between her words.

“Yeah. Mercedes is a good car.”

“Why did you choose a Range Rover? Just out of curiousity?” Minho asked but Dara didn’t reply immediately since she was still trying to get over the fact that when Minho mentioned about Mercedes Youngbae was the one that appeared in her head. “Sorry if I’m probing so much.” He said and it was only then did Dara totally snap out of it.

“Ah I’m sorry! Was thinking about what to talk to you about…myself…you know since it’s the first time and all…”

“It’s your first time?!!”

“Eh?” Dara look at him confused.

“I’m sorry. Just that for someone as pretty as you I can’t take the fact that you haven’t dated.” He confessed.

“It’s alright but I hope you don’t mind it’s my first. The girls always say I’m single because I don’t dare to approach others when I can be really bubbly at other times.”

“That’s kind of true.” Minho said with a smile.

“What were you asking me previously?”

“Oh right just curious why did you choose Range Rover over Mini Cooper or something that is suitable for your size?” He asked.

“Well this is because of the girls. None of them drive at the moment and I kind of became the driver in the group. Mini Cooper is a little cramp don’t you think so?”

“Well not really. I mean your friends aren’t that big in size to need large spaces.”

“True but they have big bags and sometimes if needed a few more can hop on too.”

“Comfortable is what you guys yearn I see.”

“Yeah~ oh we’re here already. Just turn right into the lane.” Dara said before Minho parked perfectly in one go at the parking lot. “I’m impressed. You should teach me parking some day. I totally at them.” Dara said making Minho chuckle before they got off the car.

“Do you come here often?” Minho asked as the both of them head up the stairs to the second floor where Dara loved to hang out at.

“Not often but it’s a place I would head to if I would ever need some time alone.” She said before she chooses the corner sit by the ceiling window with the afternoon sun shining through it.

“What would you like to have? I’ll order.” He said.

“Try mentioning my name. It would work.” She said giving him a smile.

“Will try~” He said before he left to make the orders. Coming back shortly after with a tray, his confused expression amused Dara. “Is this the right order?” He asked making her nod.

“It is. You drink this too?” She asked when she notice there was two cups of vanilla ice cream and a pot of coffee.

“Ah well I thought of ordering something that you like so that I can know your preference. What is this?” He asked.

“Aigoo you didn’t really have to.” She said but deep down she was really happy that he did that. “It’s Affogato.”

Affogato?” Minho asked making her nod.

“Affogato means drowned in Italian. Usually a scoop of vanilla gelato or ice cream would be topped with a shot of hot espresso. The full name of this beverage is called ‘affogato al café’, which means ‘drowned in coffee’ in Italian and later on you would notice that when you pour the espresso on the ice cream, it’s like drowning it in coffee, hence the name affogato.” Dara explained.

“Interesting.”

“The taste is even better when you try it. Not many people know about this in Korea but if you have a chance, try the authentic one in Italy. It tastes so much different with the ice cream over there and a shot of espresso.”

“Why don’t they give you a shot here as well?” Minho asked.

“Well I’m not a big fan of espresso shots. Besides it’s still Affogato even if you pour normal espresso and it last you longer, you know if you want to have more coffee or you want to just stay here longer.” She said. “If you want get a shot from them. It would taste a lot different.” Dara offered.

“It’s alright. I’ll just drink what you are drinking.” He said making Dara smile.

“Affogato is a drink where the sweetness from the vanilla ice cream would neutralize the bitterness of an espresso shot. What we are drinking now is the sweet or less strong version and you could call it a beginner’s course if you aren’t into bitter coffee like me before having the authentic one.” She said.

“So you prefer sweet?” He asked.

“Where do you expect me to get my sugar rush from?” She asked making him laugh. “Sweet makes me happy somehow but there’s another characteristic of the Affogato that I really love.”

“What is it?”

“Try it and tell me how you feel.” She said, pouring coffee over his ice cream to create the Affogato. “Hope you love it.” She mentioned as he sipped into it.

“This is…unique~” He said making her nod.

“It’s a really different sensation when hot meets cold right?”

“The cold from the ice cream and the hot from the coffee. Really special indeed.”

“When I need to think over something that I can’t conclude after a long time, I would come for an Affogato. The cold ice cream would wake me up from whatever I was in delusion over and the hot coffee would calm me down so that I can think better. I realize it works after the first time and slowly it became a process that I must go through whenever I’m troubled.” She said.

“Does anyone else know about your preference? Or am I the only one?” He asked and the first person that floated in her mind?

Dong Young Bae.