The Beach

Until You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            I peck his lips and slowly make my way out of the car, and before closing the door, I smile at Hyukkie and say “I shouldn’t be out too late” I smile sweetly and he smiles back.

            “Just call me if you need me, k?” He says, leans in and gives me another peck on the lips.

            I smile big and mutter a ‘bye’ then shut the door. I walk towards Kibum’s house, ring the doorbell and look around while waiting patiently for an answer. The door slowly opens, revealing kibum’s mother, who had red puffy eyes. I pout but quickly bow, “I’m sorry for your loss Ma’am” I say softly and she just forces a smile and lets me in.

            “He’s in his room” Her voice was raspy, and as much as I would have hugged her, I felt that kibum was probably just as bad, so I ran up the stairs and to his room.

            I go inside and find him laying on his bed, head buried on his pillow but loud cries escaped his muffled mouth. I sit beside him, when he realizes I was there he sniffles and quickly pulls me into his arms; I hold him tightly and whisper my condolences.

            Kibum whispered things about how she never got to see him do anything successful with his life.

            He cried because he thought he was nothing.

            I shake my head and tell him she was proud of him no matter what he does with his life. She was happy.

            I rubbed his back as he cried heavily on my shoulder.

            “Yah, Kibum it hurts me to see you this way.” I pout, but he didn’t stir and his cries seemed to have been silenced.

            I frown and peek over his head to see his eyes.

            They were closed.

            I guess it didn’t last long before Kibum was completely passed out from all the crying. I tuck him into his bed and make my way down the stairs “Mrs. Kim would  you like any help with anything?” I stare at her.

            She was sitting on the couch with a solemn expression. She looks at me and half smiles, but shakes her head, “Thanks Donghae, but no thank you…and how is Kibum?” She seemed worried.

            “He fell asleep, and well…honestly he isn’t so well…” I frown, “But I’m sure he’ll be better after the funeral.” I nod “I wish I could go…I heard it was out of town…”

            She nods “She wanted to be buried where she was born.” She says softly and sniffles.

            I nod and stay for a bit longer. I talked to her and she starts telling me all about her mom. I smiled politely and was really interested in everything she told me but then I notice the dark sky and frown, “Uhm...what time is it?”

            “It’s past ten.” She stares at her watch and I quickly stand.

            “I should go…may I use your house phone?”

            She smiles and nods, “Go ahead.”

            I walk over to it and start dialing a number. I press the phone to my ear and wait patiently, hearing the dial tone.

            “Hello?”

            I frown, “SungMin? Erm…is Hyukkie there?” Isnt this his cell phone…?

            “Oh…uhm…he isn’t here…he’s with KyuHyun and Heechul, but if you want I can call one of their phones since Hyukjae forgot his phone-”

            “No! Its ok *smile* I’ll just call Amber”

            “NO WAIT! He just came in” I heard some shuffling then Hyukjae’s voice, “Donghae? Sorry! I-”

            “No Its ok! I didn’t think I was going to take so long…so can you come get me now?”

            “Sure…I have to tell you something.” He says softly.

            I felt a bit worried “Is it bad?” I chew on my lower lip.

            “It’ll tell you soon, k? I’ll be right over.”

            We hang up and I wait patiently for Hyukjae outside of Kibum’s house. I smile when his car pulls up in the driveway; I walk over to him and step inside the car, “Hey.” I grin and kiss him, he kisses me back and seemed to refuse to stop. I giggle when he wraps his arms around me, holding onto my nape and pulling me much closer to him; deepening the kiss.

            “Mmm Hyuk-mmmpphh” He cut me off and kissed me eagerly, I smile and wrap my arms around him.

            He smiled and slowly pulls away and pecks my forehead.

            I smile big and stared into his eyes, getting lost in them but then I whisper, “So…what were you gonna tell me?”

            He seemed uneasy and half smiles, “The guys found out about us…guess they were spying.” He shrugs “But since they’ve been my friends for a long time…they know about my dad,”

            I stare at him.

            “DongHae, if he finds out about us…”

            I shake my head “He doesn’t have to.”

            He stares at me, confused “But that’s not fair to you”

            I smile “Really? It doesn’t matter Hyukkie *peck his nose* as long as we’re together I’m fine with being your little secret” I smile “Well…secret to your dad of course”

            He purses his lips and exhales “We’ll see what happens…whenever he comes back, but luckily he never stays for long.” He smiles big, pecks my lips happily then starts the car.

            He drives off and I stare out the window and stare at the dark sky.

            “How’s Kibum?” He asks while waiting at a red light.

            “Terrible…he cried himself to sleep” I pout “His mommy isn’t any better either…”

            “He’s lucky to have you as a friend, Donghae” He says softly and holds my hand gently. I smile at him and mutter a ‘thanks’, the light turns green and he continues to drive with one hand.

            He drives into his garage and turns off the engine, we step out the car and walk out the garage.

            “Hey!” Sungmin pops out and nearly gives me a heart attack.

            “SungMin!” I wail and try to calm my heart, Hyukjae hugs me and stares at SungMin.

            “Sorry!’ SungMin slightly chuckles. “But uhm just wanted to tell you that you got something in the mail Hyukjae.” He hands him a letter and he still held me with one arm and took the letter with his other hand.

            He stared at it for a while and I peeked over and saw it was a letter from the university. “You should open it Hyukkie…” I try to encourage him but he seemed worried.

            I pull away from the hug and walk over to SungMin, “You wanna open it alone?” I chew on my lower lip.

            Hyukjae just stares at the letter and SungMin huffs impatiently “Just open it!!! I’m sure you got in you’ve been playing piano since you were five now hurry up!!!!”

            I shake my head and push him inside his house, “Just give him time, he needs time to prepare himself for whatever it could say.” I tell him and he nods and  l close the door. I turn and see Hyukjae had already opened the envelope, he was reading the letter with a smile on his face. I grin, knowing that this was definitely a good sign.

            “I got accepted!!” he says happily and I run into his arms mumbling a ‘congratulations’, but he was squeezing me so tightly I could hardly speak, but I did manage to laugh; I was so happy for him.

            I pull myself from the hug a bit and capture my lips onto his, he smiles and kisses me back; his hand slowly roams up and down my back, sending shivers down my spine. The kiss slowly deepened and I could feel my stomach fluttering by the way he held me so gently, my heart felt so full; I was melting under his touch.

            He smiles and places his hand on my nape and gently massages it, making me smile.

            “What the IS THIS?!?!”

            We pull away and see a very pissed off Kai glaring at us from the side; he was about 2 feet away from us. His glare made me feel uneasy but Hyukkie seemed unshaken.

            “Are you blind, Kai? Isn’t it obvious that Donghae and I are together?” Hyukjae says with a slight smirk, he tightens his hold around me and I just stare at Kai with no expression.

            Why does he look…so hurt?

            He wasn’t glaring at Hyukjae anymore, he was looking at me with sad eyes, there was something he obviously wanted to say but for some reason was unable to say it.

            “Is that true?” His voice sounded broken.

            I frown “Yea, we’re together…why does that bother you?” Oh, right cuz he hates Hyukkie. I pout. Stupid Kai.

            Kai shakes his head, he seemed unable to see us holding each other any longer so he just turns and walks off; disappearing into the woods. I didn’t really care why he was sad, but I wondered if he would Hyukjae alone now. I was surprised he didn’t try and hurt him like he usually does. Maybe he’s finally grown up. Highly doubt it but I can hope, cant I?

            I looked at Hyukjae “He seemed a little sad, huh?”

            He half shrugs, “I get the feelings he’ll try to steal you away from me.”

            I make a face, “What?! No, Kai…why would he if he hates my guts?” I frown and stare at Hyukjae’s eyes.

            “Because he wants everything I have, remember?” Hyukjae smiles and pecks my cheek, “You wont leave me right?” He pouts cutely and I just smile and shake my head.

            “Of course not pabo! How long has it been since I’ve loved you and you think I’ll just simply leave you?!” I giggle and pull him closer in our embrace and he picks me up, making me yelp in the suddenness and he walks me inside his house. I grin and our lips quickly found each other, I smile, close my eyes and was lost in the kisses as he continued to walk inside his house.

            I clutched onto the back of his shirt as he slowly pushed me down on his couch and climbed on top of me; his hands held onto mine and pinned them above my head. I smile as our kisses progressed, I could feel his tongue sliding against my bottom lip. I felt my cheeks burning and just as I was about to part my lips, Sungmin throws a pillow at us.

            “Yah! Stop eating Donghae’s innocent face!” He exclaims and runs up the stairs and to his room.

            I smile at Hyukjae and he slightly twirls his finger around the collar of my shirt “I think we should ditch school tomorrow”

            My eyes widen, “What?! Bu-But I’m a good kid!” I pout

            He smiles big, “We could go to the beach” He says slyly.

            My eyes instantly brighten up but then I frown, “I see what you’re doing Mister!” I puff my cheeks “Why tomorrow during school?!”

            He smiles and shrugs “DongHae, we’re seniors now. Most seniors ditch all the time, its traditional” he chuckles “Plus…I think it would be nice if we go to the aquarium before the beach, don’t you think?” He says sweetly pecking my nose slightly. “A whole day

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter