Chapter 8- Luxury

Superiority Complex

 

It was warm, fluffy and fuzzy. It was a Friday morning and Amber woke up tucked under thick sheets. She opened her eyes and looked at the white ceiling that was towering over her. She smelled the sheets and they smelled like they were dry cleaned or something. With arms widely stretched, she felt her bed. It was soft and for the longest time, she slept like a baby. Feeling it was all to surreal, she pinched herself that maybe it was just a dream but no. She was going to live under the same roof as Key knows who for how long but she started to like the idea. He lived luxuriously and perhaps sharing the perks wasn't so bad.

She went out of bed in her bed clothes, basketball shorts and a baggy shirt, and headed downstairs. It was a little late but she needs to go to work..She went to look for the kitchen hoping there could be something she could eat.

"Ohh, hey.. You're awake. Come, join us for breakfast.." Suho welcomed Amber who was busy bringing in food from the kitchen to the dining area.

Amber slowly walked in to take a seat.

"I told you not to be shy right? You're practically our 'master' since you're Key's wife. So go ahead, eat up.."

The food was mouthwatering. There were breadrolls, eggs, ham, bacon, cheese and oranges. It's been sometime since that much food welcomed Amber at the dining table. She then looked at Suho.

"Wife? So, I mean.. You know about?"

"Key's like a dongsaeng to me.. I've been with him since he was in college so I'd know about it. I believe he didn't want to tell me but I knew about anyway so he can't really deny anything anymore. He didn't tell me the details but contractual or not, you're his wife so I serve you as well."

"Oh, my... Serve is quite a big term.." Amber felt a little shy..

"Nah.. It's nothing.. Go on.. Dig in. Key may be coming down in a bit.."

Amber just did what she was told. Suho did say to feel at home so she did.. She grabbed around two pieces of bread, bacon and eggs. She's not a big fan of ham. She digged and liked the food very much. She then heard footsteps go down the stairs. She looked by the door and saw Key. He was half only with his pants on. Amber lowered her head and tried to cover her eyes..

"Suho hyung??? Where are ..... What are you doing here?!" Key asked Amber..

"What do you think I'm doing? Can't see you I'm eating? Are you blind?!"

"No! But. Finish up quickly!" And Key left and headed back upstairs..

Suho then walked back in the dining room and asked Amber if there was anyone looking for him. The girl only shook her head. She went back to her business and tried to carry the dishes to the sink but the maids did the job for her. She thanked them and headed on to proceed back to her room to get changed and go to work. She was about to walk upstairs but she saw Key coming down. She made way for him but before he proceeded to the dining area, he stopped right in front of Amber.

"Where are you going?"

"Upstairs.."

"I know! Ugh.. I mean, where?"

"I'm going to get changed and go to work. That's what.."

"You're not going anywhere.."

"What?! No.. I need to at least accomplish something on that mural."

"I said no."

"Then what am I supposed to do today?"

"I told you to get used to the house right? Also, one of my assistants will be going with you to the mall today.."

"For what?"

"Shop.. I can't let my mother see you're work clothes. You'll be buying clothes.."

"But, I don't have the money.."

Key then flicked Amber's forehead.. "Oww!"

"I don't know how stupid you can get. That's already taken care of! Just get changed and I'll tell Suho hyung to bring you around the house. Look, listen carefully okay? Screw up at the party and the deal is off.. Understood?"

Amber only nodded but as soon Key turned his back she only meronged him and sprinted upstairs with her footsteps heard in the entire house. Key only shook his head as he sat on a chair to eat his breakfast. Suho gave a faint smile. Amber sped to her room and hurriedly went to the bathroom to shower. She set the temperature to lukewarm and turned the shower on and dived in. 

"Wooh! Man, that's cold!"

She took her time taking a bath and dressed up. While drying her hair, she checked out if Key has already left. Indeed, he already has. Only Suho and the house helpers were around.

"If you're looking for him, he's already left." Suho said.

"What? I'm not looking for him.." Amber answered back.

"Okay, you said so. So, uhmm. Key told me to bring you around the house. You up for it?"

"Well, I don't have much to do, so let's go.."

Amber finished dressing up and followed Suho around the house. He first brought Amber to the living room. It was huge. The first thing Amber noticed were the furnishings. The sofas were italian leather and felt velvety as she slid her hands on them. The table is said to be made of mahogany and the fireplace looked spectacular. The following room looked even better. The common area where most guests would stay and mingle. The artworks on the wall looked exact replicas of Van Gogh's paintings. All of the walls were painted in contrast of black and white which gave the house a very Zen feeling.

They then headed on upstairs and Suho showed the game room. He said that it's one of Key's favorite spaces besides his bedroom since he gets to enjoy like a little kid when he plays some arcade games and video game consoles. Most of the second floor contained the bedrooms. Amber's bedroom is near the stairs, Key's bedroom is down that hallway and across the game room is the guest bedroom where Key's mom will be staying the following evening.

"He lives in a pretty huge home for a bachelor.." Amber remarked.

"Well, he asked for this house when he was young right before he entered university. He wanted to look independent but his parents sent me in the end.."

She then noticed a small door which was near Key's bedroom and approached it. She tried to open it but the door was locked.

"Do you have an idea what's behind this door?" She asked.

"Ohh, that? To be honest, even though I've been living with Key here, I don't know what's behind that door. He's the only one that has access to it, so I don't know what's in it. Sorry.."

"No.. It's okay. It just caught my attention.."

Suho's cellphone then beeped. He then told Amber to get changed. She'll be heading to the mall to start shopping with one of Key's assistants. Amber wasn't too enthusiastic with the idea of shopping with someone. She bets that they'll be buying dresses and shoes which she didn't like. They arrived at the mall and the first store they entered is a boutique of Carolina Herrera. It was a good thing that they bought pants. She barely liked any of the dresses. The next one is a store of Versace. It was a given that they needed to buy dresses. The next one kind of gave chills to Amber. It was a Shoe Salon where they sold Christian Loubous. They were high heels and there is no way she can walk in them..

"Eonni, are you sure we have to buy these heels?" Amber asked as she held a pair of plain black pumps that had a three inch pencil heel. The stylist only nodded. 

"By the way, I'll be teaching you to walk in heels okay? Mr.Kim asked for it.."

"He did? Uggghhh.. Fine."

They finished buying clothes to be added to Amber's wardrobe. They were making their way home until Amber passed by a store of American Boulevard. 

"Excuse me.. I'll just check something out."

She entered the store and bought three shirts. She'll send two of them to Jackie.They headed back to Key's place and the maids brought the clothes upstairs.. 

"How was your shopping spree?" Suho asked.

"Fun and painful.. But definitely expensive! I've never seen and bought such expensive clothing in my life.."

"Well, you better get ready. The trainor is already here.."

"Trainor? Trainor for what?"

A woman came in with several shoe boxes. She's the one who'll be teaching Amber to walk in heels. Amber hated the idea but what else can she do? She's not the rude type to drive the woman away but walking in heels has never been her thing. They soon fitted shoes and Amber was asked to walk in four inch heels.

She tried standing up on them but ends up wobbling..

"Are these safe? Are there people that can really walk in these?"

The trainor aided Amber as she took steps little by little. The woman held her hand and then let it go when she thought Amber can do it on her own.. Much to her hopes, Amber toppled over..

"I'm okay.. I'm okay."

The girl then tried to stand on her own. She falls on her which felt a little painful. This continued on for the next tries which made Amber really frustrated..

"I'm hopeless." She said defeatingly.

"No.. Come on. You can do this. There'd been worse cases.."

"Heels had never been me. You know? I never liked wearing heels.." Amber started to tear up.

"Aww. Cheer up.. That's why I'm here to help you, okay? We'll start from the beginning. You don't seem to be type that will easily give up, right?"

Amber agreed and wiped the tears in her eyes. She stood up and started walking. In a matter of time, she can strut slowly without wobbling. Amber was proud of herself..

"Oh my gosh! I did it!" And she started to jump not realizing how high her heels were. She then heard a car arrive and thought it must've been Key. She wanted to boast off that she can finally walk in dreaded heels. The door was opened and Key was walking towards them. He walked past Amber..

"Ehem.." Amber cleared .

Key turned around saw Amber approach. They were almost the same height..

"Well, aren't you going to congratulate me?"

"Congratulate you? For what?"

Amber pointed to her feet and Key followed with his eyes. He saw that she was wearing heels. An idea then popped up inside his head.

"Wow, you're not having a hard time walking in heels anymore?"

"Ahuh.. I'm so good at this." 

While being too preoccupied in her thoughts that she's so good, Key pushed Amber's left shoulder with one of his fingers. The girl lost her balance and fell on her which made Key blurt out a giggle.

"Don't be too proud.. Walk some more."

Amber got pissed off.. "Ohh shut up!! As if you could walk in these.."

"Yeah, yeah.. Whatever.."

Amber stood up and went back to her trainor to resume their session.

----------------

Jackie has finished feeding their father. She was still wondering where Amber went off to the previous night. It kind of bugged her that Amber didn't tell her what was going on. She's never been like that. Amber never hid secrets from her that's why Jackie was extremely worried. She headed to the kitchen to wash the dishes when a doorbell was heard by the door.

"Now who could this be?" Jackie whispered. 

She opened it and was surprised to find a man dressed in a suit. He handed over a paper bag. Jackie said thanks and the man left. She brought the paperbag into her room and checked what was inside. There were two tshirts and a note.

"Jackie, I know you might be worried sick on where am I and how I am doing. Don't worry.. I'm well. I'll tell you what's really going on when the time is right okay? Please be a little patient. I miss you Jack. Tell dad I miss him too. Loveyou sis! "
-Amber

Jackie smiled and spread the tshirts out. "Be careful kiddo.."

---------------

It was already 11:00pm and Key was already in his room busy reading some documents. He'd been busy all day reading proposals from the different departments and to be honest he wants to rest for a bit. His head has been aching like crazy since that afternoon that he just want to finish everything at once and go to sleep. A knock on his door was soon heard.

"Come in.."

It was Amber.. She already had her PJs on which she bought that afternoon. They were pants and a shirt with a cute design on it. She peeked though Key's door and asked if she could come in. Key didn't answer so she entered anyway.

"What are you doing?" She asked as she sat on the couch near Key's bed.

"What does it look like I'm doing? Of course I'm reading proposals.."

Amber looked like as if she was trying to peek what he was reading but it's no hope. She won't understand them anyway so what's the point of checking them out..

"Do you need anything?"

"Nothing really. I can't sleep so I came to see if I can bug you but seems like you're busy with work so I'd rather not. You look.. tired. Also, you didn't eat your dinner, you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm used to this kind of thing.. If there;s nothing else just close the door when you leave.."

Amber stood up and walked to the door.. "Thanks for the clothes and all.. They were a nice addition to my wardrobe. But you don't have to buy me such expensive clothing.. All I need is decent clothes right?"

"Well, I have to buy clothes anyhow. And what decent clothing is not expensive?"

"Plenty. All you've got to do is look.."

"Yeah, yeah.. Whatever.."

And Amber left. Key went back to his business. He still has a stack of around 6 more papers that had an average of 5-10 pages and all had a font size 10. It's starting to get painful but he has to finish them since he'll be meeting a client early the following morning. Not long enough though, his stomach started grumbling.

"Are you kidding me?" He brushed it off and continued reading. However, it seemed his body didn't want to listen to him. The  barrage of grumbling annoyed Key. He put the papers down and went out of his room to look for something to eat. He first proceeded to the kitchen and opened the fridge to see if there was anything he can chew on. Much to his dismay, there wasn't anything he could eat without cooking. It was already late so waking someone up would just be bothersome. 

He went back inside and was surprised to find a lid covering something at the dining table. He checked to see what was underneath and was delighted to see a small bowl of rice, barbeque and vegetables neatly covered with cling wrap. They were still a little warm. He was about to dig in not until he noticed a note.

"Saved some for you in case you get hungry.. Eat up. Enjoy!"

It didn't indicate who saved it for him but whoever did. He was thankful.

-----------------------------------------

Chapter eight ^^ A little headstart with their "husband-wife" relationship. Hoho.. Key gave Amber a shopping spree. The following chapter would be the whole party and friends over.. Will need to work on that a little bit to see how things will happen and what tests Key's mother will give. Stay tuned! >_<