Chapter 40- Daughter

Superiority Complex

Two weeks turned into three. Minho had told Jonghyun and Onew the situation and the three of them decided that it would be best for Key to recover in the hospital as long as needed. Physically, he is getting better but mentally and emotionally, he is worsening. Amber has been unreachable since the day she left which is freaking the hell out of Key. He didn't have proper sleep in any of the days Amber was away. 

"Kibum-ah, you need to try to get some sleep." Jonghyun imposed on his dongsaeng.

"How am I supposed to do that hyung? My wife is nowhere to be found, it's almost a week since she's gone. I can't contact her and that freaking text message.."

"Yah! Are you going to let things like this let you down?  You've been through worse. Also, our clients have been asking where you are. We can't tell them you're in danger or something. It would bother them the status of the company.."

"....."

"Key. Jonghyun is right. We understand you are bothered by this but remember you also have your subordinates. We are there to support thus, be strong for all of us."

"Thanks hyungs. I just.. I need to see Amber. For me at least feel at ease. That text message, still bugs me. I don't know what really happened."

"Well, Taemin told us you out right after you received the message. The little girl that you called on was later fetched by her parents. They looked worried so Taemin didn't really bother stopping them or anything."

Then it all came back to him, it was a blur as to what really happened but Key does remember that he saw Eunjeon, crying. Right before he could even ask what was going on, his face kissed the cold asphalt. 

"Onew hyung, can you ask Taemin to come over once he's done at the office?"

"Yeah, sure. Why the.."

"Please, just do so."

"Okay."

----------------------

Key had lost track of what day it was. He knew they went to see the house on a Saturday. But after he fainted, he hasn't checked as to what day it was. He has no idea on how long Amber has been gone. Did they take her? Or was it someone different? He's just confused. What frustrates him as well, is that whenver he tries to actually think, his head will ache like there is no tomorrow. 
A faint knock on the door then cut through his thoughts. It was Taemin.

"Onew hyung said, you asked for me?"

"Yeah. I have another favor to ask of you.."

"Sure hyung, anything.."

--------------------

It was not a very pleasant weekend for her. She was more than bummed to not see where her daughter lived, to not meet the eyewitness and most of all for having no means of communication to the world that weekend. She felt so helpless. She lost her mobile phone which made her weekend a lot worse. She was sure that Key would contact her to tell her about the happenings but there she was, being stupid and dropped her phone off the boat when they were having a tour to an island. 

"Kibum?!" She shouted as she entered the room. But instead of her expected smile, a rather baffled Key welcomed her. He was sitting by the window and when she shouted, he just looked at her as if he saw a ghost.

"Yah, what's with that look on your face?" She asked. Key stood up from his seat and ran towards her, crying. 

"Ohh my gosh, I thought I lost you there! Where have you been pabo?!"

"I've only been gone two days Key, it's just a Tuesday. Also, I lost my phone when we were there. I know it's stupid but yeah.."

Key then smacked her at the arm. "Ouch! What was that for?"

"You could've asked your colleagues! Borrow their phone or something?"

"They didn't bring their phones with them at the boat. Also, it's not like I'm close to every one to just borrow their phones randomly. Relax, Key.. Nothing happened. I'm fine."

"Relax? You're telling me to relax? HOW CAN I RELAX? Another one was taken but I just don't know who.."

"Another one? What do you mean another one?"

Key handed his phone and showed Amber the text message. She, too, weakened at the horror. Who was it this time? Who else could that man be after. She was there, who else could it be?

"Do you have a lead as to who it is?" Amber asked. Key shook his head. "Can't you try to trace the number?"

"We already tried but seems like whoever sent that has disposed of the sim card. The number can't be reached anymore, nor a signal is transmitted. As of now, we have no lead as to who was taken."

------------------

Three days passed and Key was discharged from the hospital. His arm is a lot better but is still slinged. He has started to feel his fingers once again though. The doctor said it was a good sign. Amber had work so Key had to go home alone. 

----

Amber was busy checking her attendance for that day. It was one of the new measures the principal imposed on her. He said it can be used as a compensation for those students that attend class regularly. Amber found it pointless but she had to comply.

"Kim, Eunjeon? Eunjeon?"

Surprisingly, Eunjeon was not around. One of her classmates told Amber that she is sick. She brushed it off and proceeded with the class. She just wants to get that day over with. Key was stuck at home, busy with paperwork. She'd rather go home and assist him. That day, was just one of those days, well no, she was lying. She has her period. Women know the dilemma, it's as simple as that.

------------------

If you are going to imagine stacks of folder, imagine it as high as possible. That was how much papers and folder Key had to review. Most of them are proposals by some of their clients but before Minho decides to sign them as the OIC, he wants Key to be informed as to what is going on in the company while he was absent. 

"Aigoo! This is just too much!"

"What is?"

"Ahh, yeobo~~! Let's sleep.." Key sulked.

"As much as I want to condone you, I can't. Minho forced me to at least have you finish five proposals by tonight. He said that those underneath are of top priority and are to be reviewed and signed immediately. Apparently, those clients of yours are rushing it. Also, you have to bring them in to the office tomorrow."

"Nah, I can just have Woori pick them up."

"Woori?"

"Yeah. She's my secretary, remember? Why?"

"Nothing."

"No, really.. Why?"

"Nothing. It's nothing. I can help you. I may not know a lot about business and all, but at least we can make progress. Well?" Amber offered. Key was more than delighted on the idea. 

The scene that followed was refreshing after all the shinenigans that have been happening to them. Amber was sitting across him, on the sofa in their room. Looking so fresh and a complete dork because of her hair tied up into a fountain. She was focused in reading the proposals and looking at a management dictionary. Not so long after, Amber saw that Key was staring at her and smiled. "What?" She asked.

Key only shook his head and smiled. "Nothing. I just love you, that's all."

"I love you too. Care for some coffee?"

"Yeah sure."

Amber headed downstairs and whipped up some coffee. It was surely a long night ahead and they needed that extra caffeine kick to make it through. Amber always liked her coffee with milk. Nothing else, no sugar, just milk. Some people find it weird but she always liked it like that. Key on the other hand like it black, just very little sugar and no cream. Amber finds it too bitter but not like she can impose on his taste buds. She went back upstairs. Key was still with the papers.

"Hey.."

"Thanks."

Amber handed him the coffee mug but right before he could even place it on his desk, it slipped off of his hand which surprised the both of them. It spilled all over the floor. "Ohh my gosh, Key are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm.. Sorry, it slipped."

"No, it's okay. I can just make another one."

Later on, Key's cellphone rang. It was Taemin. 

"Who is it?"

"Taeminnie.."

"Ooh, what did he say?"

"It's about Eunjeon. I saw her crying, last Saturday as we were going back to the car after the failed attempt in finding our daughter."

"Eunjeon? Wait, why was she crying?"

"I don't know.. Why do you seem so surprised?"

"Well, it's just that she didn't go to class today. A classmate of hers said she was sick, so I thought she was but I was kind of surprised on what you told me. So, what about Eunjeon?"

"Taemin said that her parents are not willing to talk to him for some reason. They just keep on saying for them to go away and that Eunjeon is sick and all."

"Did you ask about Eunyeong?"

"Yeah, they said the same thing."

"I'll pass by their house tomorrow. Want to come with me?" She asked and Key agreed to do so. 

-------------------

The following day, once again though not surprisingly, Eunjeon was absent from class yet again. Amber was more than convinced to visit the child since no one in the classroom really has an idea as to why she is sick. Also, Amber is a little bothered with what Key told her. Key waited for Amber at the entrance of the school and they headed to the Kim's.

Key kept looking around as they made their way to the house. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, the place just seems familiar."

They walked on and finally arrived. Amber rang the doorbell, awaiting someone will answer. Soon, a woman peeked through the door. It was Mrs. Kim. To Amber's surprise though, she immediately closed the door. Amber knocked and knocked.

"Mrs. Kim, please. We heard Eunjeon is sick. We mean no harm. Please!"

Amber knocked even more and finally, Mrs. Kim budged. She welcomed them in.

"My husband is not here. But be quick, he'll come home any time soon." The three of them sat down at the living room. Amber asked where Eunjeon was. Mrs. Kim, said she was sick. 

"Can we see her, please?"

Mrs. Kim agreed to do so and lead them the way. She left Key and Amber to talk to Eunjeon briefly. Though, she did insist to make it quick.

"Eunjeon-ah?" Key called on gently.

"Appa?"

"Yes, it's me."

Not long though, Eunjeon started crying and weeping. She kept on calling Eunyeong's name, much to Amber and Key's surprise. Mrs. Kim came rushing in and scolded the two.

"What are you two doing?!"

"Mrs. Kim, we.."

"Get out! Get out of my house!" Mrs. Kim pushed and pushed. As she was forcing the two out of the front door, Amber slid her arm in. "Mrs. Kim, please if you need any help. Don't hesitate to call or come to us. Here's our address. Please.."

"We don't need your help! Go! Just go away!"

The door shut and locked. To their dismay, they left. Disheartened by what they saw, it only made them more curious as to what really happened. Eunjeon kept on crying Eunyeong's name which was a little baffling. It was not like they were apart or something. They headed home.

----------------------------------

Dinner was a little sour. The food tasted sour. The great evening that happened the day before was overshadowed by the disheartening incident that occured that afternoon. Mrs. Kim's reaction was so out of the blue and seeing Eunjeon cry hysterically like that was just... indescribable.

"What do you think that was about?" Amber asked.

"I don't know. But I don't like the looks of it. She was also like that when I saw her.."

Not long after their conversation, their doorbell rang. Amber hurriedly opened the door. Much to her surprise, it was Mrs. Kim, sporting a rather large bruise on her cheek. Amber quickly guided her in. It was obvious that the woman had been crying. She had her sit at the sofa as she fetched an ice bag from the kitchen.

"Mrs. Kim?" Key asked.

"I'm sorry. It was just.. I had nowhere to go. I had the paper with your address in my pocket. It was the only place I thought of going to."

"No, it's okay Mrs. Kim, here.. Please." Amber said as she handed the ice bag.

"What happened?" Key asked.

"It doesn't really matter what happened. But there is something you two have to know.."

"What is it?" Both asked.

"You see, I haven't been all honest.. Especially to you Amber dear. You see, it's Eunyeong.. She.."

Though right before Mrs. Kim could finish what she would say. Key's cellphone rang. "Excuse me for a moment."
He reached to check it and was surprised to see that it was an MMS. He opened it. Immediately, Amber saw the blood drain off of Key's face. Cold sweat ran along his cheeks. He dropped his phone. Amber stood to pick it up and check what it was. 

It was Eunyeong. It was pictures of the child, drawing and running around in what appeared to be a yard of some sort. Key stared at Mrs. Kim, then back at Amber. Amber did the same, look at Mrs. Kim then stare back at Key. She had started crying. Both of them did, Mrs. Kim can only sit back and watch.

They don't know where those pictures were taken or what they meant whatsoever, but one thing is for sure..

...............................................................................................

...................................................................................

.............................................................................

"Eunyeong, she's our daughter.."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just figured it's about time to cut the chase as to who the daughter really is. I mean, I think most of you have already figured that out. I just wanted to verify it. Eunyeong's the daughter and she was the one captured at the last chapter that is why Eunjeon has been crying non-stop.
With the way things are going, I don't think this fic will be reaching 50 chapters. More or less, in a few chapters. This fic will be done. :) And here I am, starting to think of a new plot for a new fic. I have no ideas as of yet. Maybe, a oneshot? I dunno. We'll see. Anyways, here you are. Stay tuned! ^^