8.

Hot VS Cute

Luhan’s POV

Classes were boring as always but if you ask me, I would rather sit in classroom with a boring teacher than listen to Hana speaking who doesn’t know where to stop. Mr. Kang was explaining something about History as I was yawning with a hand in front of my mouth. I looked at Hwa-young who sat in front of me, listening intently and writing down some notes.

Suddenly I smirked at her and took a piece of paper. I scrunched it up into a ball and threw it at Hwa-young. She ignored it and pretended as if I never threw that thing at her so I scrunched up another piece of paper and tried it again. I smiled as she turned around, glaring at me but immediately went back to what she was doing.

I blew my bangs and threw a paper ball at her again. “Yah! Would you stop that??” She whispered and frowned at me. I shook my head and continued to do what I was doing. After a while throwing paper balls at her she stood up. “Yahhh! Are you deaf?? I told you to stop throwing those freaking paper balls at me!!!” She burst as everyone was staring at us including the teacher.

“Mrs. Kim Hwa-young! Would you please be quiet and sit down?!” Mr. Kang said. Annoyed, she kicked her chair, glaring at me for the last time before sitting down. I held my tummy and with the other hand I cupped my mouth, trying to hold my laughter. “Stop annoying her! I’m sure she’s mad at you!” Kai whispered but I didn’t care and shrugged.

The bell rang and I stood up stretching my arms while yawning. Kai approached me and patted my shoulders.  “Let’s go to the canteen!” He said. “Yeah! I’m starving!” Sehun whined as I nodded in agreement. I grabbed my bag and was about to leave the classroom when someone stopped me.

“Luhan oppa, let’s go together!” Hana beamed at me. *Oh my god! Why can’t you leave me alone?* I sighed and turned to her. “Look, Hana or whatever your name is, I don’t like you! And you’re annoying me so please leave me alone!” I said and walked away, leaving her frozen.

“Wow, hyung! That was…. Just Wow!” Sehun said as we headed to the canteen. “Wasn’t that a little too harsh? I mean, she’s a girl and you just hurt her with those words!” Kai shook his head. “So what?! It’s better telling her now than pretend to like her and giving her hopes!” I said in a matter of fact with a cold voice.

 

Hwa-young’s POV

School ended and I was walking with Minji home. Again, Minji was talking about Luhan and Hana which bothered me, a lot! Not because I was jealous or something, I just didn’t care about it. Minji lived near my house so we had the same way.

“…. Don’t you think so?” Minji asked me with a wide smile. “Eh? What? Sorry, I wasn’t listening…..” It was true, I didn’t listen to her because all she talked about was Luhan. Not like the way Hana would talk about him, you know what I mean?!

“Aiiiiyyy! I said, Luhan likes you!” She repeated what she just said. I nodded before I realized what I did. “Wait, what?? No way!!” I yelled and looked at her with wide eyes.

“Oh yes, he does!” She nodded, convinced like Albert Einstein about the physical evidence. “Yeah, dream on!” I rolled my eyes. “C’mon I know you and Luhan since kindergarten, do think I’m blind?” She asked and shook her head.

“Then what about Hana? Just a while ago you talked about her and Luhan!” I raised an eyebrow. “Hey, I said that Hana likes him, but I NEVER mentioned that he likes her! I also never said they would look good together!” Minji defended.

“Hana is our friend, Minji! Don’t talk like you hate her.” I looked at her but she just shrugged. “She’s our friend but she was never a BEST friend to me.” She said.

“What do you mean?” I asked confused. “I think she isn’t that kind as she acts!” Minji frowned. *What’s wrong with her?? I never heard her talking about Hana like this.*

“Whatever, see you tomorrow!” She said and hugged me. I didn’t realize that we arrived at her house because of our conversation. I hugged her back and waved at her. “Bye!” I smiled and walked home.

Minji’s POV

“Bye!” Hwa-young smiled at me and walked away. I bit my lower lip as I looked at her figure disappearing.

FLASHBACK

“Hi, my name is Kim Hana and I’m your new classmate.” The girl introduced herself as she stood in front of the blackboard. That day Hwa-young and I made friends with her. I thought we would be the best friends ever, but soon, I realized that the Kim Hana that I know was all fake.

Hana began to copy Hwa-young. She tried to act like her and be like her but Hwa-young never noticed. But Hana wasn’t just copying my dear friend, no, she wanted to be better than Hwa-young. I realized not long after we became friends.

But Hwa-young is too nice and naive to notice it. I didn’t tell her because I was sure she wouldn’t believe me so I didn’t say anything. But that didn’t stop me from watching out for Hana. Whatever she planned, I promised I would protect Hwa-young, my best friend.

END OF FLASHBACK