15.

Hot VS Cute

Luhan’s POV

Hwa-young and I were walking side by side and quietly to her house. It’s been exactly a week since I found her in that old classroom, where she was locked in. Ever since I would always pick her up and walk with her to school and back home so that nothing will happen to her again. I wanted to make sure that she was safe and not being attacked by someone again. Since that incident, Hwa-young would eat and speak less. The cheerful and loud Hwa-young we all knew turned into a scared and quiet one, which I didn’t like at all. She was getting skinnier and even her parents noticed it. But when Hwa-young’s parents ask what happened, she would refuse to tell them. If this continues, I think I’m going crazy because I really want my old Hwa-young back!

“Ehm... L-Luhan, we’re here…” Hwa-young stuttered as we were standing in front of her house. Being deep in thought, I didn’t notice that we already arrived at her home. “Well then… ehhhmm… Go in! I’ll leave after you entered the house safely!” I scratched my nape and looked at her. Hwa-young, who was standing in front of me nodded, and turned around, walking toward the front door.

“Luhan!” She stopped halfway and turned around, looking into my eyes. “Yeah?” I raised my eyebrows, waiting for her to speak. “Ehhhm… T-thank you… for walking me home and c-caring for me!” She mumbled. I bit my lower lip, trying to hide my smile but it was too wide so there was no use. *Is she blushing?!* I thought, looking at Hwa-young who looked at her shoes, hiding her beautiful face.

“Well then, see you tomorrow!” She waved at me and run inside, closing the door with a loud sound. Chuckling, I looked at the window of her room before walking back home with a smile.

 

Hwa-young’s POV

“I’m home!” I yelled as I took off my shoes before walking upstairs to my room. There, I closed the door and threw my bag on the floor. Letting out a deep sigh, I let myself fall on the bed. My hands wandered to my chest, touching my heart that was beating like there was no tomorrow.

“My heart is beating way too fast! And what was that? I never blushed in front of Luhan!” I muttered and pouted. Biting my lower lip, I shook my head. “Ani, my heart is beating like this because I ran up those stairs and I blushed because it was hot! Yeah, that’s the reason!” I nodded and sat up.

*But the temperature was rather cold today and I walked normally upstairs…* I blinked several times. “Aigooo!!” I ruffled my hair and pulled out my phone. “I can’t fall for you, right? You wouldn’t like me anyways… If I confessed to you, you would only laugh and tease me!” I pouted and looked at my cell phone background, which was Luhan’s photo. Yes, the photo he set for me last time! I forgot to change it and got used to see his face every time I unlocked my phone so I didn’t.

“I hate you, Luhan! I hate you sooooo much! I hate you because you’re always teasing and annoying me. I hate how my parents compare me to you and only count out your good points, saying what a perfect son you are. But the reason I hate you the most is because my heart is starting to beat fast for you!”

I poked the face of Luhan, which was the screen of my phone. Sighing I tossed it to the other end of my big bed, closing my eyes. Before I could think about anything else, a voice called from downstairs. “Hwa-young, dinner is ready!” My mom yelled. “Yeeeess! I’m coming!” I shouted back and sat up lazily.

 

Minji’s POV

I was walking to school since I knew that Luhan would pick Hwa-young up again like always. Even though I could join the two of them, I don’t want to. It’s pretty obvious that Luhan likes Hwa-young and being their friend, I want them to get togehter. That’s why the two of them need time alone. Today, I came to school earlier than usually. After taking out my books and stuff from my locker, I walked to my classroom.

On my way, I saw Chin ho. I was about to greet him but he disappeared. “Where the hell is he? I just saw him one second ago!” I frowned and looked around. Just then I found him walking upstairs. Well, he was almost running. “Why so hastily?!” I tilted my head and decided to follow him. He was walking so fast that I almost lost him but luckily I didn’t.

We arrived at the roof top and he walked through the door. “What on earth is he doing here all alone?” Not wanting to be caught, I stayed inside and opened the door a little to peak. My eyes widened and my mouth was open. I couldn’t believe what I saw, I didn’t want to believe. “What the hell is he doing with her???”