12.

Hot VS Cute

 

Hwa-young’s POV

Ding Dong~

I heard the bell as I sat up from my bed. My parents were working so I was at home alone, doing nothing. Actually I had nothing to do and I could have died from boredom. With lazy steps I ran down the stairs, walking to the front door. Arriving there, I opened the door to see the person who rang the bell. After seeing who it was, I slammed the door without hesitation, not letting the person in.

“C’mon, Youngie! Open the door and let me in!” I could hear the annoying voice on the other side. “Don’t call me Youngie! And why should I?” I folded my arms, about to head upstairs until the voice spoke again. “Mr. and Mrs. Kim are not here because the cars are gone, which means you’re alone! And the lazy that you are, I’m sure you’re bored to death!” I tilted my head and thought about it. *That’s true* before opening the door with a poker face.

“I knew you would let me in!” A smiling Luhan entered my house. I shrugged and wore my shoes, as Luhan was looking at me with a confused face. “Since there’s nothing to do, let’s buy ice cream!” I said monotonous and walked outside. Luhan followed me and closed the door behind for me to lock it. With hands in my jacket pocket, we walked to an ice cream shop nearby.

“So tell me! Why did you cry today?” Luhan suddenly spoke, making me look up to him. “I already told you, something flew into my eyes!” I raised my eyebrows. The reason why I didn’t tell him the truth was because it wasn’t any of his business and I don’t think he could do anything about it.

“Do you think I’m that dumb? I can tell when you’re crying and when you’re not!” His eyebrows met as he glared at me. “It’s really nothing” I assured him and opened the door to the ice cream shop.

 

Luhan’s POV

“It’s really nothing!” She said and entered the shop, so did I. It might not be something big that she cried about but it still bothered me. Do you know the feeling, when you’re seeing the person cry or being hurt? It’s like you’re the one that’s being hurt! And believe me the pains is twice as bad.

Looking at Hwa-young who was thinking about which flavor she should choose, I smiled at her cuteness. “Vanilla? Chocolate? Or Strawberry? Awwww I like all of them!” She pouted. The guy who stood behind the counter chuckled at her. *Stop looking at her and do your work! She’s my girl!* I glared at the guy who was still staring at Hwa-young.

“I got it! I want strawberry and vanilla!” She made up her mind and nodded. The guy handed her the ice cream with a smile and was ready to take the money but she only turned around to walk away. “Ehhh, Miss, you have to pay for the ice cream!” He then said, making her turn back. “Oh, about that, he’s going to pay!” She suddenly pointed at me with a poker face.

Glaring at her, I took out my money and paid for her. After we left the shop, Hwa-young happily her ice cream. “So the point that you let me spend time with you was actually to let me pay?” I asked her as we walked back to her home. “Of course!” she gave me a wink and continued to her ice cream.

I smirked and leaned closer to her. “Well, since I paid for it…” I the sweet strawberry ice cream and smirked. “Yah!! That’s mine!” She pulled the ice cream away from my lips only to see me grin at her. With my thumb, I wiped my lower lips and winked at her.

Hwa-young narrowed her eyes at me and suddenly kicked me before running away. “Yahh! How dare you?!” I shouted and chased her.

 

Hwa-young’s POV

I squealed around and ran away from Luhan who was running after me. But being a guy with long legs, he soon caught up and hugged me from behind. “Andwae!! Let go of me!!” I screamed and laughed as he still embraced me with his arms. Suddenly I stopped laughing, which made Luhan to stop too.

In front of us stood Hana who had balled her hands to fist with eyes full of anger. I released myself from Luhan right away and ran over to her. “H-hana! About this morning, I-“ Before my sentence ended she glared at me “Shut up! I don’t want to hear anything from you!” She narrowed her eyes and walked away. “B-but I-“ I held her wrist with begging eyes but she moved my hands from her. “Leave me alone!”

 

Luhan’s POV

“Leave me alone!” Hana hissed and walked away from me. The both of us then met eyes and I could see that she was hurt. Without saying anything, she walked away. I looked back to Hwa-young to see her sobbing as I softened. *So she was crying because of Hana!* I frowned and approached her.

“Shhh! Don’t cry! She’s not worth it!” I her head as I hugged Hwa-young. “Why is she being like that? I didn’t do anything wrong!” Hwa-young mumbled as she grabbed my shirt, crying into my chest. “Don’t worry! Everything will be alright!” I whispered and calmed her down.