14.

Hot VS Cute

Hwa-young’s POV

It was lunch time and I was walking to the lockers, since I wanted to put in some books that I didn’t need for the rest of the day. I was alone because Minji had to go to the restroom. The hallway to the lockers was pretty empty ‘cause most of the students were in the canteen or outside.

Suddenly I could hear footsteps so I turned around to see who it was. But as I did, those sounds disappeared and nobody was behind me. I blinked and shrugged, before continuing to walk. Arriving at my locker, I opened it with my combination to put in my chemistry and English book. Once I was done, I shut the locker and turned around, about to make my way to the canteen.

But before I could make a step, someone covered my mouth and nose with a handkerchief. I tried to struggle but those arms were too strong. Slowly my view got blurred and before I knew it, everything went black.....

 

 

Slowly, I opened my eyes to see everything blurry. I blinked for a few times to adjust the brightness. *Where am I?* I thought as I looked around, realizing that I was lying on the hard, cold ground. I sat up to see desks and chairs around me.

“Looks like I’m in a classroom. What happened? Why am I here?” I asked myself in a low voice. Suddenly my head began to throb and I could feel the pain as I held my head. “Ouch!” I whined and squeezed my eyes shut.

Sitting there for a few minutes, I felt a little better and stood up. My legs were shaking but still, I made my way to the door. I twisted the doorknob but it didn’t work. “!” I cursed when I noticed that the door was locked. “HELP!! IS THERE ANYONE?? PLEASE HELP ME!!” I yelled and banged the door with my palms. But no matter how much I screamed and shouted there was no one who opened the door for me.

Then I ran to the windows and tried to open them but it didn’t work. “What the hell! Why aren’t you opening?” I yelled at the window punched it, only to hurt my fingers. “Who the hell did this to me?” I whispered, slowly getting tears. I looked in my pockets for my phone but noticed that it was in my bag, in the classroom. Then I went back to the door and screamed out loud but it was no use.

After screaming so much I lost my voice. “Please, someone, help me!” I whispered and leaned my back on the door, sliding down, slowly losing my hopes. Tears were running down my cheeks as I sat on the floor desperately while the sun set.

 

Luhan’s POV

I was sitting at the round table in the canteen with Sehun and Kai, eating our lunch when someone stood behind me. “Luhan, did you see Hwa-young?” I turned around to see Minji standing there. I looked at her and shook my head. “Why? What’s wrong?” I asked her with widened eyes. “Well, I’m supposed to meet her at the canteen entrance but lunch break is almost over and she hasn’t shown up…” Minji explained. I frowned “That’s strange… Did she send you a message or something?” I asked as Minji shook her head. “No I even tried to call her but no answer!” She bit her lower lip.

“Don’t worry, she will show up!” Kai shrugged as he chewed the food. “Yeah, Hwa-young will be back, once class starts!” Sehun agreed his hyung. Minji sighed and was about to walk away before Kai spoke up “Why don’t you sit with us, while you’re waiting for her?!” Thinking about it, Minji nodded and sat down at our table.

Once break ended, all students headed to their own classroom, so did I and my friends. The three of us and Minji walked to our classroom and sat down on our seat. *Where is Hwa-young?* I looked at her empty chair. Her bag was on the floor, beside her desk so I think she couldn’t have gone home. Soon the teacher arrived and entered the room, grabbing everyone’s attention.

With a greeting, he started the lesson. *Why isn’t she coming?* I thought, getting worried. The  teacher was talking about this and that as I suddenly stood up. “Is there something wrong, Luhan?” Mr. Jo asked. Without an answer, I ran out of the classroom.

Running around, I looked for Hwa-young. “Hwa-young where are you?” I shouted while running, not caring if I disturbed classes. I went to the sports hall to search for her but she wasn’t there. *Where are you, Hwa-young? Please, be save!* I breathed heavily, all exhausted from running.

I checked out every floor and now I was on the top floor. The fourth floor was silent and empty, since there were those old classrooms no one used. But I doubted that she was here until I heard a voice crying. Quickly, I turned to the direction of the sound and followed it.

I stopped at a door where the sobbing became louder and knocked at the door. “Is there anybody?” I yelled. Then the sobbing stopped. “Wh-whoever you are, p-please open the door!” came from the other side of the door. My eyes widened. By hearing the voice, I knew it was Hwa-young.

“Hwa-young, stay a away from the door!” I yelled. “O…Ok!” Her voice was low but I could still hear it. I took steps back before running toward the door, kicking it with all my strength. The door then flew open with a loud sound, revealing a scared Hwa-young in front of me. “Hwa-young!” I ran over to the girl that was sitting on the floor, hugging her tightly.

She immediately hugged me back and cried into my chest. “L-Luhan! I was so scared.” She mumbled between her cries. “Shhhh! Everything’s alright! I’m here now, don’t worry, I will protect you!” I tried to calm her down while caressing her hair with my fingers. “I… I thought I would b-be stuck in here forever…” I frowned and looked at Hwa-young who squeezed her eyes shut, grabbing on my shirt. *When I found out who the hell did this thing to her, I will send that person to hell!*