4.

Hot VS Cute

 

It was Saturday when Hwa-young was lying on her big, comfortable bed in her room, sleeping like a baby. The birds were already chirping as the sunshine beamed on the girl’s fair skin, waking her up. Hwa-young covered as she yawned and stretched her arms. She sat up with closed eyes and scratched her head before opening her eyes to leave her soft bed. Wearing her pink bunny slippers, she walked lazily into her bathroom to face herself in the mirror.

After brushing her teeth and taking a shower, she changed into her outfit that she chose and went downstairs.

There she saw her father sitting on the dining table, sipping his coffee with newspaper in his hands, reading them. Her mother was in the kitchen preparing the breakfast.

“Did you sleep well, my little princess?” Her father looked up as he noticed her. “Yeah!” Hwa-young smiled and pecked his cheek before sitting down across of him. Just then Mrs. Kim arrived with two plates of eggs and bacon.  “Do you have plans for today?” Her mother asked as she sat down beside Mr. Kim. “No, I don’t have any! Why?” Hwa-young asked as she chewed her toast.

“A friend of mine gave me two tickets for the Teddy Bear Museum and I thought I could give it to you!” Her mother said, showing her the tickets on the other side of the table. “Am I going alone?” Hwa-young asked as she looked at the tickets.

“No, I asked Luhan to accompany you and he said he would like to!” Mrs. Kim smiled. Again, Hwa-young coughed as she heard her mother mention the name ‘Luhan’. She patted her chest and took a sip of her orange juice. “Eomma! Why did you ask him?” her voice got louder.

“Why not? I like Luhan, he’s a nice guy!” Her mother said. “Your mother is right! Beside I trust him! I rather let you go with Luhan than with some strange boy I don’t know!” Her father nodded in agreement.

“I don’t want to go then!” Hwa-young shook her head eagerly and continued to eat her breakfast. “Hwa-young! I know you and Luhan always argue but don’t you think that it’s time to stop?! Besides he didn’t really do anything to you!” Her father said as he put down the newspaper to face her.

Father and daughter where looking at each other when the bell rang. “Oh, that must be Luhan!” Mrs. Kim stood up and walked to the front door to open it. “Good morning Mr. Kim” Luhan bowed and greeted him as he came in.

“Good morning, Luhan! Go and have fun with Hwa-young and please take care of her!” Her father said to Luhan “YES!” Luhan beamed and bowed before dragging Hwa-young away. “Hey! What are you doing? I haven’t even finished my breakfast!” Hwa-young yelled as they were running toward the front door.

“Yaaah! At least let me put on my shoes!!” Luhan stopped as he noticed that she was still in her slippers. “Sorry!” He smiled and scratched the back of his head. When Hwa-young was done with wearing her shoes, they got into Luhan’s car that was parked in front of her house.

Hwa-young sat on the passenger seat and wore her seat belt when Luhan started the engine. Luhan turned around to look back and held on the passenger’s seat to drive backwards. Hwa-young was staring at him without noticing. For the first time she saw Luhan’s concentrated face and for the first time she noticed that he was really handsome. She never really paid attention to his soft and fair skin.

“Am I that handsome?” Luhan smirked and pulled her back to reality. “Handsome? More like…. Like an ugly pig!!” She said and looked out the window as he chuckled. The drive didn’t take long as they arrived at the Teddy Bear Museum. Luhan parked the car and both of them got off.

Luhan’s POV

I got off the car and was about to walk to the other side, opening the door for Hwa-young but she already got out, slamming the door. Hwa-young walked to the entrance as I followed her. I knew that she was really excited even though her face didn’t show any expressions. We entered the museum and started walking around, looking at the teddy bears behind those glass panes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Awww! How cute!!” Hwa-young squealed when she saw those teddy bears, forgetting that I was with her. “Why don’t you call me cute too?” I asked and crossed my arms, standing beside her while looking at the little creature with brown fur. “Simple! Because you aren’t!” She said with a poker face.

“Why are you being like this? Do you know how many girls would give up their live just to be with me?” I asked her with sincere in my eyes. “Then you don’t need me! If there are really so many girls who like you, why don’t you choose one of them?” She raised her eyebrows and walked away. I ran after her and walked beside her after I caught up with her.

“C’mon! Or should I date your friend Hana?” She didn’t look at me and answered, “Yeah! Go on and date her! I’m sure she will be happy!” She said coldly making me pout. *Why don’t you care? Is it really Ok for you if I head a girlfriend? Wouldn’t you be jealous?* I asked in head and looked after her.