16.

Hot VS Cute

Minji’s POV

We arrived at the roof top and he walked through the door. “What on earth is he doing here all alone?” Not wanting to be caught, I stayed inside and opened the door a little to peak. My eyes widened and my mouth was open. I couldn’t believe what I saw, I didn’t want to believe. “What the hell is he doing with her???”


 

 

 

“What do you want to talk about?” the girl said and crossed her arms. Chinho stood there, looking at the ground, trying to find out how to begin. He was nervous and didn’t know how to face her. “If you don’t have anything to say then I will go!” The girl said coldly and turned around to walk away. “Wait!” He called and grabbed her wrist, stopping her from leaving.

Now, they were facing each other and it was like it someone stabbed a knife into his heart. How could it turn out this way? What happened to the shy and cute girl that he once knew? The girl, his childhood friend, his first love.

“Let’s stop this!” He looked serious with a frown in his face. He didn’t want this to continue and he won’t let it continue. “What are you talking about?” She narrowed her eyes. " I don't want to do this anymore!" He shook his head “Because you know my weakness, you’re using me! Because you know that I love you, so you’re telling me to do things!” His grip tightened as he narrowed his eyes. “But not anymore! I won’t listen to you anymore! I don’t want to be your doll, being used and then thrown away because you got bored!”

“I regret it, Hana! I didn’t even know why I locked up Hwa-young just because you told me to. But I want to stop this! I don’t want innocent people like Hwa-young to be hurt!” Chinho yelled at her and was about to leave when he heard Hana sniffing.

Even though what just happened, he had to stop. He still loved her. He did long time ago and he still loves her. Turning around to see her gripping on her skirt, he knew that she was angry. “Tssh! Hwa-young? That girl and innocent?” She laughed crazily. “HOW CAN SHE BE INNOCENT WHEN SHE TOOK MY LUHAN AWAY??” Hana screamed.

Chinho was hurt, seeing his little Hana turning to a witch but he didn’t want to be her puppet anymore. He obeyed her too long and now he wanted to be free. “Where’s the little Hana that I used to know? She turned into a witch, obsessed with a guy that doesn’t even love her! Let me tell you one thing, no matter how hard you try to hurt Hwa-young or those people around her, you’ll never win his heart!” Chinho said and turned around walking away.

*Chinho, you have to let go of her! She hurt you too much already, you can’t let this go on!* He told himself and opened the door to walk inside. But what he didn’t know was that Minji was standing there for a while, listening to the whole conversation.

“Y-you…” His eyes widened just like Minji. “I’m sorry!! I-I didn’t i-intend to listen… I didn’t know you and Hana were…” Minji drifted away as she tried to explain the situation. “So you heard everything?” Chinho asked and looked at her. “S-sorry!” Minji looked down at her feet, afraid of being yelled by him.

But instead of his loud voice, she heard him sigh. “It’s okey, but… just make sure to keep it a secret!” He said and walked away with his hands in his pockets. “W-wait! Where are you going?” She asked, following him.

Classes already began but Minji and Chinho were sitting on a bench, staring at the ground. Chinho didn’t feel like attending classes and Minji didn’t know why but she followed him. “Are you sure you want to stay here?” He asked her and raised an eyebrow. Minji nodded eagerly but stopped right away. “You don’t want me to be near you?” She asked, biting her lips.

Chinho shook his head and looked at his shoes. “It’s just… I don’t want you to cut lessons just because of me!” He shrugged. Minji smiled at his statement. “C-Chinho, is it t…true? I mean, about you locking Hwa-young up…” Minji looked at him with soft eyes.

Even though she heard the conversation between him and Hana, she still didn’t want to believe it. Chinho hesitated but nodded after a while. “I’m sorry! Could you tell Hwa-young for me? I’m not expecting her to forgive me but please let her know that I regret everything I’ve done!” Minji blinked and didn’t know what to do. “I-I will tell her.” Somehow she was disappointed by his actions but at the same time she was happy that he stopped being Hana’s slave.

“Chinho-sshi! Don’t be sad about Hana! You will find another girl that will treat you better!” Minji smiled before standing up. “I have to go now. I’m glad that you realized that it was wrong to listen to Hana! And remember, you will find a better girl!” Minji said while walking backwards, before turning around running away.

Chinho looked at her figure disappearing slowly and smiled at himself. “I think I just found one! Thank you Minji!” He said to himself.