Chapter 21

The Person Next To You

 

Amber’s POV

 

I tried my best not to be awkward with her now that I can remember everything clearly. My memory was brought back to me like a dream, a fast flashback of everything that has happened.

 

Krystal has always been by my side the whole time that I was struggling to live here. She never left me behind even though she became too busy with work. Being with her for almost a year made me realize that maybe crossing ‘that’ line once again is worth a try. I want to know how she feels this time. I want to hear it from her. I’m not an idiot not to see what’s in her eyes. Somehow I’m feeling it.

 

I never told her that I already remember everything. Maybe this way, we’re like starting anew. It’s like a replay of everything, giving me a chance to correct everything. This time, I’ll try to make it right.

 

-------------------

 

“Hey Amber, Krys, are you guys ready? We’ll go first and wait for you guys in the club.” Luna told us as she, Sulli, Onew, Taemin, Jonghyun, Key, Minho, Taeyeon unnie, Tiffany unnie, Jessica unnie and Yuri left for the club after dinner.

 

We’re on our second night here in the beach already. Tomorrow is our last day. The day after tomorrow, we’re going back to Seoul and will go back to our normal lives, waking up early to go to work. Being close with your bosses also has its advantages.

 

“Okay. We’ll just walk around the beach first. You know, for digestion purposes.” I told them.

 

As soon as they walked out of the restaurant by the beach, I stood up and offered a hand to Krystal to help her stand up.

 

“Thanks.”

 

We walked hand in hand like that on the beach, while we listen to the sounds of the waves hitting the sand. I wanted to intertwine our fingers together but I think it’s inappropriate for us to do it. I don’t want to startle her. But if she’ll just show a bit of hint that she wants me to, I won’t hesitate to make a move. As of now, I have to remain calm.

 

The beach is starting to get noisier as the night comes in. You will here the loud booms of the speakers, the crowd going wild as it’s getting late. This is something that they like in this place… the club by the beach. The dance floor is just a few meters away from the shore so lifeguards must also keep their eyes open just in case some customers get drunk and just plunge into the sea.

 

“Hey it’s getting late. I think we have to go to them now. It’s part of our itinerary so we have to be there. Let’s enjoy tonight!” She told me as she dragged me towards the club.

 

--------------------

 

“SHOT! SHOT! SHOT!” We’ve been dancing and drinking to our hearts’ content and to be honest, I’m not tipsy… I AM DRUNK. But who cares? I’m drunk but I can still think clearly.

 

We tried almost every game that we could think of. We tried chubby bunny and playing cards. Most of us got drunk when we played beer-pong. Now, we’re doing spin the bottle. Luna’s down already like Onew, who got drunk right after Taemin. Sulli has also reached her limit and is now wobbling even though we’re just seating. Jessica unnie already left with Yuri when she started to hit the latter a lot.

 

Krystal is also drunk because she’s leaning on my shoulders already. Jjong spun the bottle and it landed on me.

 

“Truth or dare?”

 

“You guys know I still can’t remember everything…” I lied, “So I’ll choose dare.” I told them, expecting that dare will be easier.

 

But I think we’re already too drunk that most of us can no longer think straight.

 

“BODY SHOT! BODY SHOT! BODY SHOT!” The rest except Krystal and Jonghyun chanted. Jonghyun grinned.

 

“You do a body shot on…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sh*t.

 

------------------------------------

This is the start ahjumma... hohoho... I'll just tease you guys a bit. Let's enjoy teasers!!! And don't forget to buy f(x)'s mini album, Kor. Ver. They might go head to head with BB (Monster) and WG (forgot the name of their new single). Buying their album (Kor. ver.) will be counted in the charts. Let's help them win!