Chapter 17

The Person Next To You

 

A/N: Since the setting's gonna be in LA... I won't bother to make each convos in blue. LOL

----------------------------------

 

"You are going with me Krys."

 

“G-Going with you?”

 

“Hm? Why, you don’t want to? C’mon think of it as a vacation.”

 

Vacation? I’m with you so of course I’d want to… but it’s so sudden.

 

“What? Wait… Of course I want to…” I’D LOVE TO AMBER.

 

“Great. We’re leaving after a week. Jackie will go back first to inform our parents, and prepare the guest room.” She said as she ruffled my hair and walked towards her room.

 

“Yah! Stop messing my hair Liu!”

 

“Hahaha! But you look so cute Jung.” She stated. Good thing she can’t see me blushing with her comment.

 

Before, everytime she compliments me or say ‘I love you’ to me, I always see it as a normal friendly thing. Ever since I’ve realized my feelings for her, I couldn’t help but blush and be happy with the feeling of my insides twist from her words.

 

As she was about to get in her room, she turned around once again. “Prepare clothes for a month’s stay Jung. Goodnight.”

 

 

 

 

O-One… month?!

 

-------------------

 

“Can you please walk faster Jung?”

 

“What if I don’t want to?”

 

“Aish… C’mon, Jackie’s been waiting for us outside.” Amber said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the airport terminal.

 

Why am I acting like this?

 

Let’s just say I was pissed with her flirting with the flight attendants the whole time we’re in the plane. The moment we landed and got out of the plane, one of them had the guts to approach us and ask if I’m her girlfriend. And this stupid llama of course denied it and told her that we’re just friends. Well she’s just saying the truth, but still! Argh… And the worst is that that gave her a piece of paper! When Amber opened it, it contains the girl’s name and phone number! I almost smacked Amber’s head when I saw her smile after reading it.

 

Now you know why I’m being like this?

 

As soon as we got out of the terminal, we already saw Jackie waving her hand.

 

“Ah Krystal! It’s good seeing you here once again.” Amber’s dad greeted me as he opened the door of their house.

 

Yep, Amber once brought me here before. We had a vacation for a week. Let’s see… I think it’s Auntie’s birthday and she requested Amber to come home and visit her. I was flattered when Amber told me that her mom wanted to meet me. That was three years ago, but I could still remember the fun I had staying here.

 

“Are they here already, Honey?” A voice from the kitchen asked.

 

Knowing that she’s also excited to see me according to Jackie, I ran towards the kitchen and hug Amber’s mom, who’s busy preparing lunch for us.

 

“Looking prettier and ier young lady!” She complimented me.

 

“And you’re looking blooming and younger Auntie.”

 

“Enough of fooling yourselves…” Uncle Liu butted in.

 

“Honey… Do you want to starve to death?”

 

“Hahaha… I’m just joking Honey.”

 

-----------------

 

It was already nighttime, but I’m not yet sleepy so I decided to take a walk on the Liu’s backyard and stop by the poolside. There I saw my secret love sitting on the poolside while she’s using her feet to play with the water.

 

“Hey.” I said as I sat beside her.

 

“Krys? Why are you still awake?”

 

“Can’t sleep. You?”

 

“Same…” She said while she kept on staring on the water. I know something’s bothering her. Shall I ask her? But I’m her bestfriend right?

 

“Be honest with me Amber… Tell me what’s bothering you?”

 

She released a deep sigh and looked at the stars above.

 

“Nothing much actually. I just felt kind of left out. I’m happy that you’re close with my family, but I have this feeling of somehow I want to remember how did it all happen. I want to remember everything as soon as possible.”

 

“Is that also the reason why you want to stay here for a while?”

 

She nodded. I know that somehow, even though she’s happy being back on her job, the fact that she’s still struggling because of the memory loss, stressed her so much.

 

“Hey… I’m here you know.” I assured her that a Krystal Jung is just beside her. “You can count on me.”

 

“I know…” She said as she smiled at me. “That’s why I brought you here with me.” She looked at the skies again before continuing, “Since I woke up and couldn’t remember the last seven years of my life, I admit, I was scared and anxious. I didn’t know who the person I saw the first time I opened eyes is. Later that day that person told me that she’s my bestfriend. I don’t know why but all of my fears and worries vanished.”

 

We remained silent for a while.

 

Somehow her statement made me happy and relieved about my place in her heart. At least I have a chance right?

 

“Hey Krys…”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Would you mind staying with me like this… until I regain my memories?”

 

“I’d love to.” I answered her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was shocked as I felt her rest her head on my shoulder as she uttered the words, “Thanks… you’re the best.”

 

======================

 

Hmm... I tried my best to write this chapter tonight. Sorry if I might not be able to update for the next few days.

 

Tomorrow morning is my race so after running 10 kms on the rugged road, I might be fast asleep for the rest of the day. School's going to start too so uhh... will be busy again -_____-

 

Hope you enjoyed this chap though :)