Hello...Did You Miss Me?

HIDDEN: I ♥ __________

 

Kai's POV
"Oppa, you seem quite distant today," there stood a smiling Sulli in front of me.
'I should be happy that now Sulli is here beside me, but my heart won't come to a please. This heart of mine, when'll it experience joy again?'
"Oppa~" She said while poking my arm.
"It's nothing," I said smiling weakly.
'Is it about Krystal'
"What?"
"I'm angry with her too. I can't believe that she left without saying a thing. It's been a month and still no news regarding her," she pouted.
"She's coming  back," I whispered watching outside of my window.
For the past few days I've been reading Krystal's diary. I've been experiencing what she had experienced since trainee days. But hers was quite different, she didn't enjoy her childhood years that's why sometimes she tries to be happy and she became anemic. Schedules for shows and rehearsals became frequent and enjoying their childhood years, while she was taught to be responsible. She's still the youngest artist in SM Town, even thought EXO just debuted, so calling her sunbaenim was awkward.
Suddenly manager hyung came in the dance room , looking happy as he was looking at me, which made me nervous of what was going to happen again.
"There's an announcement for you, the three of you," manager hyung then looked at the both of us. "Where's Taemin?"
The door suddenly opened making us look at the peron who just came in.
"Why're everybody looking t me like that? Yah! Stop staring you're all freaking me out."
"I thought they finally arrived." Manager hyung sounds relieved all of a sudden. "Now everyone is here I bet you're all excited to hear this but I'm going straight to the point, but I'm here to warn you that all of you should be strong enough to perform all the tasks seriously cause like trainess you will now be graded from your performances and that means whoever gets the lowest ranking will not continue this unit and shall be sent back to the company in Seoul. Oh, and remember this unit will only be a three-person team than what you all expected it to be." Manager hyung left the three of us looking at each other, worried who may be manager hyung was pertaining to, but the people that're going to enter the dance room at any moment now. Speaking of which, Krystal was still AWOL and we don't know where she could be right now.
"What's manager hyung and the others up to now?" Taemin hyung said. Sulli and I both shake and shrugged, saying that we don't know.
"Well, since it's like this I don't want to be sent home and I know both of you also don't want to go home either since we're all now close to each other and we've been working our sweats together. No one can replace that by some newbie," I said seriously.
"We still don't know if how many are there and we still don't know if it's a he or  a she," Taemin hyung said.
"Well, I guess we have a plan on sticking our heads for each other, work together and prove them wrong about our weak bond. We already lost Krystal, so let's not be shaken again," Sulli said.
We were all practicing, but instead of going to each of our own dance room, we decided to work together on this one. But every now and then, Sulli tends to make  mistake all over again. All the groaning was made by Sulli gave us a hint that we have to start all over again in order to correct all the mistakes. Until 5 hours came, the hot atmosphere inside the dance room and the consisting 3-5 minutes water break in every hour, and then we start again. I know it was seriously hard, but the pressure that the manager gave was giving us all sorts of conclusions in our minds.
 
"They're here," manager hyung said while as he came in with an obvious fake smile. "I hope that you'll be all ready from what you will see 'cause you might not be able to handle this surprise."
Then, the door finally opened all our heads turned for a really unexpected surprise that held our tongue away from the opening of our mouths. 'I don't know what the two of them are thinking, but what's going on in my head is this:
'WHAT THE HELL?''
"Hey guys, it's nice to see you again. How're you?" A smile that gave me a chill from my spine. It was different from the moments when we were together. It was not the smile of angel that can melt anyone's heart especially mine. 'She improved a lot from her looks now the only thing that worries me is how is she going to take us one by one.'
"Krystal, what're you doing here?" Sulli said unbelievably and gave a hint of nervousness.
"Sulli, I'm hurt," Krystal narrowed her eyebrows like she was about to cry, but then it was changed into a smirk. "I'm the maknae of our group, didn't you miss me?"
I can't seem to take away my eyes from Krystal's as I was observing her moves, even though she didn't give one, but the way she says those words are extremely wrong.
"No, I'm glad you're here," Sulli then looked at me, then at Krystal's. "It was really a surprise to have you here just like manager oppa just said."
"Unexpected?" She then searched the room and her eyes landed on me. "Kai, care to explain for them?" Everyone looked at me, my tongue was stuck inside my throat too shocked to say anything.
"Anyway, it's okay. I, as you can see as well as Chanyeol oppa will be training along with you guys. Isn't it going to be a blast?" She said sarcatically. "So, please take care of us." Chanyeol hyung then bowed following Krystal. 'I couldn't believe that she's here, I got the ure to stop her from bowing any longer and hug her instead.'
"Okay kids, since it's time to eat dinner, we're going to eat somewhere outside." Manager hyung then patted Chanyeol hyung and Krystal's shoulder. Everyone went ahead leaving me and Taemin hyung inside as my eyes couldn't stop from looking at Krystal leave with the others.
"Hyung," my voice suddenly cracked. "Krystal is not the same person as before."
"I know, but we have to stay focus. Maybe I can convince Krysal to work with us and the 3 original trainee for the sub-unit should be casted. But it's going to be hard on convincing her just like that. I agree with you, she's not the same Krystal as we've seen before, her eyes were like almost empty and her smile says that she doesn't give a thing." As I sighed deeply, sinking all the things that were happening so fast.
"Okay," I nodded and we followed the others.
We all ate the food that was served to us, Krystal and Chanyeol hyung with their manager was sitting across us. I was actually sitting specifically across Krystl, but a hint of friendly gestures weren't found. As all of them were talking to each other, me and Krystal kept quiet, Krystal wasn't even interested of what they're doing, but she was just looking at her food.
"How have you been?" I said nervously lifting the awkward atmosphere between us.
"I'm fine," she said boringly.
"Where have you been for a month?"
"France"
"That's good. Haven't you always wanted to come there again? Did you get the chance to get some rest?"
"I've been busy."
"Oh, but didn't you sort out with your health?" Krystal sighed and looked at me with cold unreadable eyes.
"I'm fine"
I just let it go, obviously she doesn't want to talk. I looked at Chanyeol hyung  giving me an apologetic smile until Krystal elbowed him and he suddenly looked away and began having a conversation with Krystal.
"Okay, since everyone's done maybe you kids can go out for a couple of hours and enjoy you free night time." Manager hyung smiled and left us going to Krystal's manager. I set myself between Taemin hyung and Sulli, while Chanyeol hyung and Krystal was walking side by side having a serious conversation.
"They seem to be really close now," Sulli said while looking at them. "It's like training all over again where everyone's having their own group, planning different strategies to be ahead of the others. It's competing to debut earlier, but this is different. I think Krystal really wants to be in this sub-unit more than I do."
"So, what are you pertaining?" I said, worried.
"I may not get there," she said quietly smiling, heaving a sigh. I put my arms over her shoulder as Taemin hyung also did the same. "You guys are really cheesy. Maybe that's why Krystal left both of you." We giggled, Krystal then looked at us, but then went back to Chanyeol hyung's as I cught her look. It wasn't the warm Krystal that made me smile, but it definitely made my heart skip. I hastily went to their side and smiled at both of them. Krystal stopped, then she walked fast ahead of us. Chanyeol hyung was about to follow her, but I stopped him instead.
"Krystal," I said, but she just kept on walking. "Wait up." I grabbed her hand, but she just shaked it away and faced me.
"What?" She snapped irritably.
"What's happening to you?"
"Why? It's me, I've always been like this."
"No, you're not." I shooked my head and she scowled.
"Back then I was actually wearing a mask, called persona which means I'm acting. I know that it's going to be a competition in the end, I've been cheating getting to know all of your weakness, using them, making you weak and vulnerable. Haven't you noticed that? I've been getting all of you in a critical state, I've been in on the plan for the whole time. I was getting on both of you and Taemin's side, so that in turn you should it will remind you to always watch your back."
"Like what you're doing now?" She pierced her eyes to mine.
"Kai, you really don't know me. "
"That's not my name." She then was taken aback.
"What?"
"It's not my name. You don't call me like that."
"It's you."
"It's a mask, like what your name is." I straightened up.
"Well, now you understand."
"No, the way you say it is fake, not before but right now."
"Then, that means you're saying I'm fake," she hissed.
"Maybe, you are now."
"Well then, I guess it's time for you to get used to it right now." She rolled her eyes and walked off. Then, Chanyeol hyung went to my side.
"Let's talk." I followed to where he was headed.
"Hyung-"
"Cut it." He faced me. "Stay away from Krystal from now on. You're just going to get hurt, you don't know what Krystal is now capable of."
"What do you mean by that?"
"Back off," He smirked, then bumped my shoulder. "Oh and don't forget to tell your tea not to slack off and always stay on the game. Goodluck, you're going to need it. Consider this as a warning."
I looked at Chanyeol hyung, who has now turned back on me. The feeling of fear and nervousness suddenly came to me as the eerie of the night made my spine shiver. It totally creeped me out, leaving me questions that are left unknown to my experiences when I was a trainee until now.