Chapter 2

Catch & Fall

 

 

"Another love letter in your locker? That's just sweet, isn't it?" Dongwoo mocked.
Another day here in school. Yet again, Yoha left a love letter in my locker that I don't even read. It's been a part of her daily routine.. Eversince that day, she will always give me these love letters that I barely even take a notice. I mean, it's kind of a waste of my time anyway. I know she puts a lot of effort in writing these letters, but I really don't mind reading any of these AT ALL. I had a box at home where I put all her letters and stock them all in there. I'd be mean if I would rip them or burn them so I just stock them all in a box.
 
I never thought college would be this worse compared to my high school days. I thought that the irritating squealing of fan girls would finally come to an end, but fate was never on my side.
 
Fan girls? Well, yes, I had a bunch before. You know how high school life is. All the girls dig the the popular boys. But I was only considered popular because I am a son of a rich business man.
 
There she goes again.
She entered the in same university . She's been following me since.. since forever.
She will, again, ruin my life. Park Yoha. The girl who has been dying to push herself to me.
The girl who'm I'll never, and I mean never, like. I mean it.
 
"Goodmorning Woohyun! Did you get the letter I left in your locker?" She asked happily. "Yeah." I replied dead panned.
Lunch time, finally. Other students would be happily buying their lunch in the cafeteria, while I get to eat whatever Yoha brings for me. She'd prepare me a lunch box everyday and would eat with me. I have a money, woman! I can buy my own lunch! But I can't! And it's all because of you! Damn.
 
Of course, people in school knows the whole truth. Some would even pray that we should just be together because Yoha puts herself in so much work just to have me for herself. She'd do stuff like this even if I won't tell her to. Some girls pity her, others would think that she's crazy, but she never really listens to any of them. All she knows is that she loves me and she'll be marrying me one day.. I wonder when if that day would ever come.. Oh yeah, I will marry her.... When pigs fly! This girl is delusional. It's like, she made everyone know that she owns me. That I'm hers! I wonder if I'd even get to marry someone I like. Tsshh.
 
"So, Woohyun, what will you do after class?" Yoha asked, making me leave my train of thoughts and land back to reality. "I don't know, go home maybe?" I replied, rolling my eyes. "I was wondering maybe we could go to that newly opened restaurant near our house! My treat, don't worry." She stated. "No, I don't think so.. I need to finish my thesis later this evening." I replied. "But we won't take long, I promise!" She said. "I already said no." I replied, already sounding irritated. 
 
*RING!*
 
Saved by the bell! Thank god! "I have to go." I said as I stood up. "Whatever. I'll be waiting for you in the front gate and make sure you end up eating dinner with me! Byeee~" She replied annoyingly and went off as well.
 
I got back to our classroom and threw my bag on the chair. Then my eyes met my dear friend Dongwoo's. He seems to see the pissed off face masked in me so he asked, "What's wrong buddy?" I brushed my hair with my fingers and scratched my temples. "It's Yoha." I replied as I sat down on my chair. I breathed heavily and continued, "I'm tired or this . I don't want this anymore. I want my life to be normal. BY NORMAL, meaning not being bothered by that girl!"
 
"I pity you man.." Dongwoo replied and shook his head. All this time, Dongwoo took my sympathy and felt sorry for me. I would always tell him how annoyed I was. "This has to stop." I said.
 
"What do you think would make her stop?" He asked. I sighed heavily. "I don't know man. I have tried explaining and telling her that I don't feel the same way about her.. But she never really listens. It's like, she takes it in the left ear, and let it all out in the right ear. She'll never take my words seriously" I replied. 
 
"I know one thing that would make her stop though." Dongwoo replied that made me look at him with all my high hopes.
"Hurt her." He continued. I scratched my nape and shook my head.
 
"No I don't mean it like physically. Just emotionally. You know, with words."
 
"I can't." I replied. As much as I wanted to tell Yoha all the hurtful words that would come in my head, I can't. I can't hurt her. My mom told me once never to hurt girls and I have always kept that in mind. It's not nice to hurt girls. So I won't. And Christ! She used to be my friend! Friends don't hurt their friends. That's stupid.
 
"That's the only way bro.. That's the only way she'd let you go. You've tried telling her to let go of you in so many different ways, but you end up still being followed by her. You're caged, man. Like what you said, this has to stop. If you won't hurt her now, you'll forever be chased by Yoha." Dongwoo explained.
 
I slightly nodded in agreement. Dongwoo.. somehow, is right. If I won't do anything now, I might end up not being happy at all, because of her- following me around.. at all times.
 
"I just have to do that in the most appropriate time and manner I guess.. You know.. By the time I lose my temper.." I replied. "Goodluck bro!" Dongwoo said and smiled.