Chapter 6

Catch & Fall

 

Yoha completed a whole week of not talking to me at all. It's not like she's ignoring me though. She would still leave her love notes in my locker everyday, she would still greet me whenever we'd meet in the hallway, and she would still give me that eye smile that I already got used to. I know I should be feeling happy and all about this, but it makes me feel weird and awkward. Maybe because I got used to what she does to me everyday, that's why I'm quite looking forward to what she'll do next. 
 
I happened to meet her in the hallway one day, when I excused myself to go to the bathroom. She just got out from the bathroom and was about to go back to her class when I bumped into her. 
 
"Hey!" I greeted. She looked up and met my eyes, "Hey.." She replied. "I have to go back to my class now.. So.." She was about to walk away when I held her wrist. "Are you still mad at me?" I asked. How stupid of me to ask this! Of course she is! That's why she's been keeping her distance, . "Huh?" She awkwardly laughed. "No, I'm not. I wasn't even mad at you. Why'd you ask?" She said. 
 
"Uhh.. It's just that.. Err.." I scratched the back of my head, trying to find the right words to explain, and not to look stupid. "What?" She asked and looked at her watch. "Woohyun, as much as I wanted to catch up on you, I still have a class to attend to." She replied. "I'll see you around." And with that, she walked away.
 
"I was wondering why you're avoiding me." I happened to blurt out before she finally leaves my sight. To my surprise, she turned around to look at me and smirked. "Why? Miss me?" My feet rooted me to where I was standing and my mouth formed ajar, which I managed to quickly close. I saw a different Yoha that time. That wasn't the Yoha I was expecting to see.. I wasn't expecting anything from her at all, but I was just really surprised by her reaction. She then chuckled and and said, "Yah! I was just kidding. I really have to go now. Byeee~" And then she ran out of my sight.
 
For a second there, I really thought she has changed to some new girl. Her voice tone quite became cocky when I heard her ask "Why? Miss me?" ..
 
I don't even know what's bothering me. Maybe I should just enjoy the space that she's giving me. After all, this has been what I wanted, right?