Chapter 9

Catch & Fall

 

"Oh my-- Sorry I didn't see you there." Yoha bowed when she bumped into me in the hallway. I meekly smiled at her and shook my head, "Ani. It's not your fault. I wasn't looking on my way too." She smiled sourly and I felt the wind of awkwardness between the two of us. We both just dumbly stood there and looked at different directions. Both of us became quiet as well. We were the only students in the hallway, other students are probably in their class by now. I held her wrist and dragged her along with me by the stairs where no one would see us or hear us. I realised that this is the only chance for me to talk to her. If I let go of her now, she would probably never talk to me, ever.
 
Trying to erase the awkward atmosphere, I started a conversation. "About last Saturday--" "Erm, I'm sorry about my attitude, being so grumpy and snob that day. I didn't mean to be mean to you.. I was just having a bad day.." She cut me off and I nodded in response. "Why did you suddenly pop in my doorstep that day?" She asked. 
 
I scratched the back of my head and chuckled awkwardly, "Ah.. Eh, about that. I was about to go to Dongwoo's place but decided to pay you a visit since it's just around the corner." LIE. I'm such a terrible liar that she raised her eyebrows and looked at me in disbelief. She wouldn't buy my excuse, I know. She knows me too well.. *Sighs.*
 
"I was actually there to come and check on you." I said, half truth. "Check on me? Why?" 
 
 
** Does Woohyun know my current situation? Did mom tell him? Aishh! He can't! Damn it! **
 
 
"Oh! It's ermm.. because.."
 
"Because what?" She asked me, more like she was urging me to continue on what I'll say. This time, she looked quite serious. Is something wrong with her? "I wanted to see you Park Yoha." I replied, with all honesty. It's all or nothing. There's nothing wrong with saying this... I guess? I mean, there's no point in denying that I like her now just like the way she likes me. Or LIKED me..
 
This time, she smiled a bit and I noticed a tint of pink in her cheeks. Then she scoffed and asked, "Why would you want to see me?" She crossed her arms in her chest as she rested her back behind the wall. I tilted my head and smiled, "I don't know why I just realized this now. I don't want to hold it back either. But I have recently found out that I'm starting to fall for you... hard. I don't know what you did to me, but when you left, and stopped following me, that's how I realized that I like you." I replied. It felt good to tell the truth. She looked at me with her eyes widened and her cheeks blushing madly. "So what I said last Saturday was true.. You went there because I wasn't following you anymore." She scoffed, again. I mentally rolled my eyes and looked at her with pure sincerity. 
 
"Don't get me wrong, I was there to tell you that I like you.." I replied. "Did you just confess to me?" She asked in disbelief and I nodded and smiled. "So.. Ermm, what do you sa--" She cut me again and said, "I can't accept that.. Not now." She replied and lowered her head. 
 
My heart suddenly dropped. It hurts. It felt like I could die right there, at that very moment. "B-But.. Why?" I asked, almost in the verge of crying. She looked away awkwardly. "I.. I don't like you anymore." She replied. I sighed heavily and frustratedly closed my eyes. When I opened them, I knew I was about to cry already. "You already moved on?" I asked and she nodded in reply.
"But how.. Why- I just.. I'll wait for you Park Yoha.." I tried to compose my words as much as possible.
She shook her head and looked at me. "Don't.. You'll only waste your time." She replied. 
 
I sighed heavily and finally let the tears flow from my eyes. "Why? Do you hate me that much?" I asked. She shook her head and I saw tears fall down from her eyes as well. "I don't want to hurt you." She replied. 
 
She was about to walk away but I held her hand and kneeled in front of her. "Please, give me a chance. I'll show you my sincerity. I'll even do the same things you did for me before. Just please give me a chance.." I pleaded, still crying. I couldn't take it anymore. "If I have to kneel down in front of you everyday, I'll do it. Just give me a chance." I continued. She struggled to free her hand from my hold and had successfully did it. She shook her head once more and gave her final words. "Don't hurt yourself. Things have changed now, Woohyun- ah. I have to go."
 
And with that, she walked away, leaving me with tears all over my face. This is actually the first time that I have ever confessed to someone and I had no idea that it would hurt this much to be rejected. But I won't give up. You'll see Park Yoha.. You'll love me, again.