Chapter 10

Catch & Fall

 

"She left the school. Her parents came here this morning. They said she'll be transferring for good, but nobody knows the exact reason why." 
 
I do. I know exactly why she's going to leave. It's because of me. It's all because of me. She's really avoiding me because she doesn't want to feel my presence anymore. Maybe that's how much she hates me.
 
Flashback:
 
I tried giving her the same gifts that she used to give me before. I told her that I won't give up on her. And as promised, I made efforts. The next morning after our conversation, I went to her house like nothing happened, and decided that I should walk her to school instead of riding in her car. At first, we weren't talking the whole time, but I thought this could be much better than not having my chance at all. I tried to open up conversations with her so that it wouldn't be so awkward for the both of us. But as much as possible, I'm trying to make happy conversations.
 
At lunch, I brought her all sorts of food. I didn't know what she likes exactly so I bought one of each kind of foods in the cafeteria. She seemed surprised but I told her to eat everything. I just laughed at her cute and confused expression.
 
By dismissal time, I waited for her at the school gate because I wanted to walk her home. If she would ask me to do this everyday, I would! I'd be more than happy to do this with her just to prove her how important she is to me. Now that I finally know her worth, I would do everything to make her happy.
 
I was too happy and in much thoughts that I didn't notice that we were already in front of her house. I thought that this was a really nice and fine day. But before I could bid her goodbye, my whole world crashed with what she said. 
 
"I want this to be our last interaction. Don't stop me now. Don't ask me why. I just want to stay away from you." She said, looking straight into my eyes. "I won't give up on you." I replied with all my might. 
 
"You should've realized that long ago. Now it's too late." And with that, she shut her door close.
 
END OF FLASHBACK
 
-----------------------------
 
That's how much she hated me. And this is how much I hated myself as well. For being so stupid, for not noticing her before. I was about to stand up from my seat and walk out of our room when I heard a few girls gossiping inside our class. Our teacher isn't here yet so we're free to do whatever we want.
 
"I heard the brat went away, huh?" One girl, by the name of Woori said. "Yeah, I thought now that she found herself some friends, she'll be able to finish her studies here?" Another agreed, named Gayoon. "Her parents would always give the highest funds for the school. Somehow, this'll all be our loss." Hyorin concluded.
 
I couldn't take it anymore. They're bad- mouthing Yoha. They were some of the few enemies Yoha made before, but I don't think they should be doing this to her.. Behind her back. 
 
With clenched fists, I stood up and was finally about to go out of the room but one thing flushed my temper.
 
"Now that her little show with Nam Woohyun is done, I think there's nothing wrong if she'll leave. Maybe she had already woken up from her dream. After the chase, all her efforts seemed to drown. For the first time, she didn't get what she wanted.." Woori commented as she flipped her hair and all her friends laughed. She said it too loud for everyone in the room to hear. Some laughed, others just shook their heads, but it was too irritating for me to hear, how she would blabber about Yoha like that.
 
I punched the board beside me. Everyone looked at me in shock. But I could care less. I walked to her with a pissed off expression on my face and smirked. "What now?!" She asked me and scoffed. "In one way or another, we both wanted her to be out of our lives, don't we Nam Woohyun?" She said. "We hated her for different reasons. Nonetheless, she's gone now. Shouldn't we be celebrating?" She continued in a very sarcastic tone. I looked at her in disbelief of her filthy attitude and replied. "Celebrate my ."
 
She clapped her hands two times and faked a laugh.
"Don't play like you're the 'Good Guy' here.. We all saw what you did to her that afternoon... How you... humiliated her?"
 
"She got hurt because of your harsh words. I remember not seeing her the next day too! She was absent that day, and if I'm not mistaken, it was because of... YOU! Who else? Duh? And what did you do huh? When you realized that she isn't following you anymore, you pretended to like her so that people won't think that you're a bad guy. What a show!" She exclaimed. Now all eyes are on us. Everyone diverted their attention to the two of us. I tried to calm myself as much as possible before I could do something to her pretty face and forget that she's a girl.
 
"You think blabbering stuffs like this would make you a saint?" I asked and smirked. "No," she replied in an instant. "But it wouldn't make you a saint either." She smirked back. 
 
"I know." I purposely bumped her shoulder and walked out of the room.
 
I was holding my temper the whole time. But now that I think about it, every word that Woori said was right. I was the bad guy.