Chapter 18

Catch & Fall

 

Many people would often ask me, "Aren't you too young to be married?"
And my response would always be a smile and then I'll shake my head, "I love her."
 
They may think that we're too young to be living in one roof together, but I don't mind at all. Everyday, I would wake up to see my loving wife by my side. Being the stubborn girl she is, she would always insist to cook me food even I would tell her not to. She loved roaming around the house, gardening the plants, and cleaning around. She insisted not to have maids and I agreed, since we can both handle ourselves anyway.
 
I stopped schooling for the mean time. Our parents decided to support us with whatever we need. I wanted to take care of my wife. I wanted to watch her every move, everyday. I don't want to have another regret of not being with her. If something bad happens to her, and I wasn't by her side, I'll surely hate myself.
 
One Sunday morning, after attending the mass, Yoha asked me if we could go visit our parents homes. I agreed, since we haven't seen them in a while. We went to her parents' house at first, and they were surprised to see the two of us. Her mom welcomed us with a warm smile and so did her dad. She quickly told the maids to prepare us meal since it was already lunch time.. Lunch there was fun since we had talked a lot and her parents had asked so many things, like they were checking if we were doing good, and stuffs like that. It seems like we we were all thinkin' the same thing. No one brought up the topic about Yoha's condition. We were all avoiding the thought of crying in front of her. 
 
Afternoon came, and Yoha wanted to leave already. She said she also wanted to see her in- laws, and she pleaded if we could also pay a visit to my parents. I couldn't say 'no' to her, so I agreed. Before we could finally leave their house, she hugged her parents tight and thanked them. She kept on reminding them that she loves them so much.. 
Tears started to fall out from their eyes, but I held back mine. I just watched them as Yoha said her farewell to them.
 
We bid her parents goodbye and then drove off to my parents' house. Just like what happened in their house, my parents checked on the two of us. They were happy to see that Yoha and I are doing well. My sister was there too. It seems like she was more eager to see Yoha, than to see me. But it's okay. I'm glad that they were all here for the two of us. "Yah! Woohyun ah! NEVER EVER FORGET MY REMINDERS! ARASSO?!" She said.. more like nagged. I just nodded and Yoha laughed. 
 
After having a happy dinner at my parents' home, we decided to go already since my sister, her doctor, told us that Yoha needs to give herself a rest. I agreed to what she said, and decided to go home already. She hugged my sister Chae- in, and hugged my parents as well. I don't know what has got into her, but she suddenly teared up and thanked my parents. 
 
"Thank you.. Thank you for bringing Woohyun in this world. Thank you for everything. I will never forget all of you." 
 
My parents also cried when they heard these words from Yoha. I held my breath tight because I know that my eyes are also in the verge of crying. After a few words, Yoha hugged them all again, and then we left.
 
While driving Yoha home, my hands were a bit trembling. I thought that it was just the aircon, so I turned it off and decided to just slide down the windows. I was thinkin' too many things, on why she was acting weirdly, but I immediately left my train of thoughts when her voice caught my attention and she asked me one more favor. 
 
"Woohyun ah?" 
"Hmm?" 
"Can you call up my friends and your friends?" 
 
I looked at her confused. "Can you tell them to meet us up in a restaurant? Please?" She said and looked at me with a puppy- dog eyes. "You heard what Chae-in said. If you get tired, and something bad happens, she'll nag me for sure." I replied. "But I won't tire myself out, I promise. Please?" She put her hands together and pouted. I bit my bottom lip and scratched the back of my head while she stayed in that position, pleading me. I know I can never say 'no' to her, ever. She will always have this power over me.. So I heaved a heavy sigh and nodded. 
 
"Jeongmal? Gomawo!!" She beamed and clapped her hands. Once I saw the smile on her face, I felt happy. I called her friends and invited my friend Dongwoo to come as well. We all met up in a fancy restaurant near our place and Yoha became really glad. I understand how she feels since she hasn't seen her friends in a while. We had a very good time by just laughing and talking all night. 
 
The whole time, I was looking at Yoha's face. I could feel that something's wrong. I could feel something, but I can't tell what exactly it is. I could feel my heart beating so fast, indicating my nervousness. Although, I don't really know what's happening...
 
Or what's about to happen next..