Chapter 17

Catch & Fall

 

 
"Of course... I'll marry you."
 
 
Listen to: A Thousand Years- Christina Perri
 
 
 
I will never forget that night. 'Twas a night to remember. The night that the only girl I have ever loved agreed to marry me, Park Yoha.
 
Walking down the aisle with a simple white dress, that still made her look as beautiful as ever.. 
Arms hooked with her father's arms.. 
And the smile that never fails to give me hope.. 
The smile that would always make my day. 
That loving smile that only Yoha could give me.. 
This is really happening. I'll be married to the love of my life, Yoha.
 
There weren't much guests that were invited. Just our families and friends. We don't need to prepare for too much. We both wanted this to be simple. What's important is our presence. The two of us. Today, we become one. No matter how hard it is to accept the fact that she will leave me soon, it's okay. If it's not Yoha, I wouldn't marry anyone at all. She's the first and last girl that I want to have in my life.. And no one.. No one could ever take her place in my heart.
 
As she reached the altar, I looked at her and smiled. "You look beautiful." I said and kissed her cheek. "Thankyou.."
The ceremony has started.. We've exchanged rings, vows and our promises. The whole time, I was staring deeply into Yoha's eyes.
 
"Woohyun, from the very beginning, I have always loved you. And I'll never, ever get tired of loving you. You'll have me wherever you go.. I know.. even though it hurts so much to say this... But-- Just remember that I love you. And I'll watch over you.. Always." She said as tears started to pour down my face.
 
"Yoha, I've been a jerk. I've been so stupid and careless for not returning the love that you gave me before. But here I am now.. I regret every single day of not acknowledgeing you presence. I regret neglecting you.. I regret not telling you how much you mean to me.. I love you, and I will always be here for you. I will be strong for the two of us. I will take care of you. I'll sing to you everynight.. Even if I had to do those things for a thousand times.. Even if it would take me forever to do those things, I would. 
 
I will do everything I have to do to make you happy.. I will continue loving you... until infinity ends."
 
Everyone teared up when they heard our words. I forgot my promise to myself and cried as well. It was about time for the two of us to share our very first kiss. "You may kiss the bride." The priest announced. 
 
I removed the veil that has been covering her face and smiled lovingly at her. I whispered 'I love you' and closed my eyes. My lips touched hers and I smiled between our kiss. Sparks ran down my spine and I felt the time slow down. I pulled her to deepen the kiss, and it made me even happier. I felt wet tears on my face, and when I opened my eyes, I saw Yoha was closing her eyes but she was tearing up. We both pulled of from the kiss and then heard the clapping and cheering. I hugged Yoha and whispered "I love you" once more.
 
We headed to the small reception held in the garden of their house. Our friends and loved ones kept on congratulating us. The whole time, I was holding Yoha's hands. I kept on asking her if she's okay.. If she's tired.. But she would only smile and utter a few words. I thought that she was just too happy to say more and didn't bother asking her too much.
 
We can't go somewhere for a honeymoon trip. The doctors advised us not to, because it could be critical for Yoha. I understood everything they said and followed their instructions. Yoha actually knew about this. I know she felt upset, so I thought of something that could cheer her up.
 
"Come on." She looked at me confused and asked, "Where are we going?" I smiled at her and replied, "Do you trust me?" She nodded. "I'll take you to paradise." I said and she raised her brows, "Really now? You do know that I can't tire myself, right?" She asked. "Yes Mrs. Nam!" I saluted. "Now, come on. We have to go." I said and led her to the car. We hugged our parents goodbye and my dad wished me goodluck, while my sister gave me a two- thumbs up. They all know about my plan and they helped me with it.
 
It was a two-hour drive to our destination, so I just asked Yoha to sleep. The whole time, I was just holding onto Yoha's hand. I'm too excited to show her my surprise, and I'm also excited to see her reaction. When we reached the place, I woke Yoha up immediately. "Where are we?" She asked, still sleepy. I laughed at her cute facial expression and led her outside the car.
 
Her eyes widened and dropped ajar when she saw a glass house in front of her. She looked at me in disbelief and I just smiled. "All our things are already inside. Ermm... Surp-- rise?" I said while scratching the back of my head. She immediately attacked me with a hug and said, "Thank you Woohyun-ah!" I hugged her back and ask, "Do you like it?" I felt her nod in response and was happy that she liked my surprise.
 
We went inside the house and explored every part of it. The whole time, Yoha was just smiling and saying words like, "Wow.." Or "It's so beautiful!" I smiled in victory. It was already night time, and we agreed to take a rest. We washed up, one after another, and changed into our pyjamas. I lied next to her and cuddled with her. 
 
"Thank you, Woohyun ah.." She said. "Thank you for everything. I will never forget this.." I looked at her and smiled. "I'm glad you like it." She scoffed "Like? You mean LOVE. I loved everything!" She beamed. 
 
"I love you." And with that, she closed her eyes and decided to drift off to dreamland. 
 
"I love you too Yoha.. Always."