Chapter 5

Catch & Fall

 

Monday came. I was heading to the lockers when I felt an arm around my shoulder. It was Dongwoo, my best bud. "Hey, what's up?" He greeted. Dongwoo knows everything, and I would normally tell him all my problems so he's probably checking on how I am feeling now. "I met her last Saturday, kinda apologised." I said. He looked at me and smiled, "So what did she say?" "We're okay now.." I replied. "Does that mean she gets to follow you around everyday again?" He asked. "Maybe? I don't know." I replied.
 
I opened my locker door and found two letters. From Yoha, of course. The first one has it's date last Friday, when she missed school, and the other one was for today. Dongwoo smiled and mocked, "I guess I'll still be seeing her around you bro." I just rolled me eyes and replied "Whatever."
 
After getting my books, Dongwoo and I walked to our room for our first class. While walking in the hallway, we met Yoha walking towards us. I was expecting her to squeal again and wave at me. Instead, I met a new Yoha today. She just nodded at me and smiled and then continued walking away. When we already walked pass her, "That was new!" Dongwoo said, surprised. But it didn't surprise me. I was thinkin' maybe she was still feeling quite awkward because of what happened. 
 
"I can't wait for lunch! I wanna see what she's got in store for you today!" Dongwoo mocked, again. I just sighed heavily and shook my head.
 
Lunch came and I was expecting Yoha to suddenly pop in front of me and show me the lunch that she had prepared for me today, but no Yoha showed up. "Really surprising bro. I wonder what she's up to today.." Dongwoo said, while chewing his sandwich. And then we saw Yoha enter the cafeteria. Honestly, I was expecting her to come to me like what she usually does, but to my surprise, she didn't. She walked to a couple of girls that she barely even talk to, and started eating with them. I was looking at her the whole time but her eyes never landed on mine.
 
"Maybe she's still got some tricks in her sleeves.. We just have to wait." Dongwoo nudged but I just completely ignored him. The bell rang and then so we had to proceed to our next class. 
 
Dismissal time came, and I still expected Yoha to wait for me in front of the school gates like she usually does, but I saw her car driving away from the school by the time I got out. My words really must've affected her that much. Who wouldn't be? I became a monster when I said those words. Somehow, I was thinkin' maybe this could be nice after all. If she continues to stop following me around, then maybe my life could turn normal. Finally. The moment I've been waiting for!