Chapter 14

Catch & Fall

 

I rushed to her parents' house and was welcomed by a sad look on her mothers face. She hugged me tight as if she already knew what was going on between Yoha and I. She looked at me apologetically. I can't help myself but cry. She led me into Yoha's room and I cried even harder when I saw her state.
 
Listen to: Only Tears- Infinite
 
She was lying on her bed, looking as pale as ever. She gave me a weak smile. I rushed to her side and cried my heart out. Tears were flowing out of her eyes as well. I held her hand and kissed her forehead. She hugged me and cried. I know she shouldn't be doing this and should be resting instead, but I can't stop her now. I can't believe that her life is at risk right now. I can't believe I hurt her the day before she was diagnosed with this disease. I am so stupid for hurting this precious girl in front of me. I shouldn't have done any of those things to her. I should've realized how much she's worth the first time she had confessed to me. I should've treated her right. I shouldn't have wasted time. I should've loved her instead. I should've loved her...
 
I tried hard to calm myself down. I cupped her cheeks and wiped the tears that were rushing down her cheeks. "Sshh.. Yoha-ah, don't be like this.. You can do this. We can do this. We'll go through this together, okay?" I said. "I'll never let you go alone in this. You have me. I won't leave you" I assured her and she nodded. "We're in this together. Tell me if you're afraid, and I'll take all your worries away. If it's hurting you, tell me! Because it hurts me even more to know that you're hurt!" I continued, still crying. "I love you, Yoha." I finally said those three magic words that made her smile. "I love you too Woohyun-ah!" I hugged her tight and cried once more.
 
She somehow managed to calm herself and let out a small chuckle. "I have always dreamed of this.." She said. I looked at her and she wiped the tears that were falling down from my eyes. I held her hand that was holding my face and closed my eyes tight. "I'm sorry. I know you should be resting by now." I said. She shook her head and smiled at me. "It's okay. I feel better now that you're here." She replied. 
 
I sat down beside her while she stayed on her bed, with her back resting on the head board. We talked more for hours, and finally, I was able to tell her how I felt. How much I missed her, how much I wanted to hold her, and most of all, how much I love her. It's getting late and I realized that she needs to rest already. I can't risk her and I'll definitely blame myself if something bad happens to her right now because of me. 
 
"It's late. You shouldn't be tiring yourself like this." I reminded her. "Even if I don't want to, I hate to say this, but I should be going now." I said, with shoulders deflated. She frowned and looked at me, but I gave her a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I'll come here tomorrow." She gave a weak smile and asked, "Promise?" I nodded and replied, "Promise." I kissed her forehead and breathed heavily. 
 
I was about to go already but she held my wrist to stop me. "Woohyun- ah, before you go, can you sing me to sleep?" She asked. I didn't have any hesitations at all and just nodded. "Don't blame me if you'll get a nightmare because of my frog- voice.." I said and sat down again beside her. She repositioned herself and prepared to go to sleep. "Don't lie. I heard you sing before.." She said and smiled. 
 
"Remember, two years ago, you were forced to sing in a school program? Because the student who was assigned couldn't make it, the professor dragged a random student on the stage. Unfortunately, you were that random student." We both laughed as we reminisced. "What should I sing you then?" I asked her. She thought of something and said "Only tears." I looked at her confused and asked, "Why?" She smiled at me and said, "It was the song you sang that time. That was also the first song I heard from you. I want to hear it from you again.."  She replied.
 
I nodded and started to sing the song, as she closed her eyes. While singing, I realized that tears escaped their way out of my eyes again. I couldn't stop it. It felt like the song was written for me. I don't know if she thinks the same, but it kinda felt like I wrote the song, the time when I was still being a foolish jerk to her.
 
I'm never gonna let go of her ever again. I'm never gonna hurt her again. And I'll always be here for her no matter what.